Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

2006 DVD vs. previous "Special Edition"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2008 3:03:07 PM PST
Just wondering which one to get. Actually, they're so inexpensive that I COULD get one of each, but I'm wondering what is the difference in the two editions?

Thanks for any info.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2008 8:08:49 AM PST
The 2006 version is an anamorphic widescreen transfer, the "Special Edition" is letterboxed. Oddly enough, the 2006 version also has more special features, so the "Special Edition" is not even worth your time. A great site to find other DVD specs: www.dvdempire.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2008 7:42:49 AM PST
Thank you for your response. Based on what you said, I bought the 2006 edition. I appreciate your information!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2008 4:04:01 AM PDT
MacGuffin says:
Ah, so this release IS anamorphic, plus it has some extras! Thanks, guys!

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 2:47:53 PM PDT
How does the video presentation of the 2006 anamorphic DVD compare to the older Special Edition DVD, in terms of sharpness, clarity, etc? I have the Special Edition, and I did find the image fuzzy in many places. Does the 2006 DVD improve on that any?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Young Frankenstein [VHS]
Young Frankenstein [VHS] by Wilder (VHS Tape - 1997)
4.8 out of 5 stars (1,184)