From the Publisher
Who this book is written for?
Whether you are a beginner to working with threads or an old hand that is looking for a reference, this book should be on your desk. This book will help you to build scalable, high performance software using parallel programming techniques.
Students learning introductory threaded programming in C# will also gain benefits from this book.
What you will learn from this book?
- Transform single-threaded algorithms to multithreaded scalable jobs by using object-oriented capabilities create an independent thread with an asynchronous execution by using a delegate to update the UI
- Achieve responsive user interface using synchronous and asynchronous delegates to dispatch changes to the UI thread
- Specify the degree of parallelism desired for determining the number of threads that the query must use to achieve better performance
- Create applications that use the full power of the processors using parallel programming techniques
- Develop applications to create background threads using the BackgroundWorker component
- Learn debugging techniques to find solutions to multithreaded application problems
About the Author
Gastón C. Hillar has been working with computers since he was eight. He began programming with the legendary Texas TI-99/4A and Commodore 64 home computers in the early 80's. He has a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, graduated with honors and an MBA (Master in Business Administration), graduated with an outstanding thesis. He worked as developer, architect, and project manager for many companies in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Now, he is an independent IT consultant and a freelance author always looking for new adventures around the world. He also works with electronics (he is an electronics technician). He is always researching about new technologies and writing about them. He owns an IT and electronics laboratory with many servers, monitors and measuring instruments. He is the author of more than 40 books in Spanish about computer science, modern hardware, programming, systems development, software architecture, business applications, balanced scorecard applications, IT project management, Internet and electronics. He usually writes articles for Spanish magazines "Mundo Linux", "Solo Programadores" and "Resistor".