Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 27, 2006 6:11:43 PM PDT
Lena Bergel says:
I just found out that they are planning on making a movie of A Great and Terrible Beauty, coming out in 2008! I don't know if everyone knows that already, but i am so happy i screamed and did a little jig, my brother totally freaked out and my parents are convinced i'm losing my mind. Anyway, I LOVE the book, and am really hoping the movie doesn't suck. Oh, and I totally agree with the other posts in this forum, i'm in love with kartik. But, i really want him and Gemma to get together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2006 7:00:34 PM PDT
Rachael says:
If you liked A Great and Terrible Beauty, then you should read Rebel Angels (the second book) if you haven't yet! How did you find out that they're making a movie?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2006 9:33:50 AM PDT
Lena Bergel says:
I read Rebel Angels, it was awesome, i can't decide which one i liked best, AGATB ot RA. I found out about the movie from this site called imdb.com, internet movie data base. I loved both books, and am happy they are doing a movie but a lot of movies change stuff and turn out different from the book, i really hope that doesn't happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2006 12:53:57 PM PDT
Connie Boy says:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I really hope that the movie turns out okay. I think I'll get depressed if it turns out to be not like the book!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2006 2:01:07 PM PDT
Lena Bergel says:
Oh, and I just read Libba Bray's latest Live Journal and she talked a bit about the movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2006 3:19:58 PM PDT
Ashly Ganahl says:
That's pretty dang exciting. i looked at teh IMDB page too...But I'm so scared...they're going to botch it up...i KNOW it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2007 5:21:43 PM PST
i can't for the third! its been WAY to long!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2007 8:06:36 PM PST
SD Fan says:
They are going to ruin it by making it into a movie..grr..they always ruin good books. It's better off as just a book...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2007 5:02:56 PM PST
Yeah, I found out about it on Wikipedia, I can't wait but I hope they don't ruin it by changing the whole entire book like they did to 'Eragon'. That would really stink.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2007 6:35:50 PM PDT
I agree! if u liked the first book the second one is 10 times better! Can't wait for the movie! While I was reading the first one..I thought this would make a great movie!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2007 12:50:49 PM PST
P. Hardy says:
*Screams and does a jig too* Oh, finally! Everyone else's books are getting movies, I was just waiting for this one. I hope it's as great as the book. To see Kartik on the big screen *sighs dreamliy*

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2008 4:15:52 PM PDT
I'm in the process of reading the 3rd right now. It's pretty good so far. I'm about 1/3 of the way into it. It's almost as long as the first 2 books put together. But I absolutely LOVE this trilogy!!

I think it's going to be hard for them to create a lot of the stuff in the Realms for a movie. They're def. gonna botch it up. The movie will be NO WHERE as good as the books!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 4:23:01 PM PST
jmo says:
It is actually coming up until 2010...

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 3:06:13 PM PST
YALitReader says:
its not coming out til at least 2014
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jul 27, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions