Customer Discussions > The Terminator [Blu-ray] forum

2009 Lenticular Edition on Blu-Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2009 6:48:36 PM PDT
I'm trying to find the newest 2009 Lenticular Edition of the original Terminator on Blu-Ray but can't seem to find it on Amazon. Curious since the special 2009 Skynet Edition of T2 is available on the site. I don't want to purchase the one listed with the 2006 cover (Schwarzenegger) only to have to return it and ask for a refund. Any comments/answers? Thanks!

Posted on May 29, 2009 10:31:19 AM PDT
i would personally wait as there is talk of a new remastered version coming when slavtion hits bluray, i did buy the skynet t2 and t3 blurays though 35.00 for both is not bad and it is unliklely we will get a new version of 3 at all.

Posted on May 29, 2009 3:41:05 PM PDT
I've read from customers who have bought the lenticular edition is that it is the same exact movie as the 2006 version with just a new cover. I'd wait until they re-release all 3 or 4 together.

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 3:14:52 AM PDT
GUSHandGO says:
I wouldn't wait for a box set... because it's probably never going to happen. Here's why:

"The Terminator" was produced by Orion, which no longer exists. Their catalog was sold to MGM. MGM still holds the rights, but currently distribute its titles through Fox.

"Terminator 2" was produced by Carolco, which also folded, and sold its catalog to Live Entertainment, which later became Artisan Entertainment, which was later merged into Lionsgate.

"Terminator 3" was co-produced by several smaller companies including C-2 Pictures (a spin-off of Carolco) and Intermedia, none of which handle their own distribution. US distribution rights are licensed to Warner Bros, but internationally it's distributed by Sony.

Meanwhile, "Terminator Salvation" was produced by The Halcyon Company, and Wonderland Sound and Vision, and distributed by MGM in the United States and Columbia Pictures internationally.

So... in other words... you'll be waiting a long time (possibly FOREVER) to see a Terminator box set. Just buy them separately like the rest of us.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 10:05:24 AM PST
JCE says:
The newly remastered 'The Terminator' on blu-ray will arrive some time in 2010, not sure when, but currently it's waiting for James Cameron's approval prior to making copies from the master. Since Cameron has been busy with Avatar and all the publicity that comes with it, it might be awhile. But, it is supposed to be released next year, probably next to Avatar, this summer 2010. I'd wait, it will have a new cover and inserts most likely.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 6:38:39 PM PDT
RMZX says:
Hey guys, its 2010 now. Has there been a re-release of the Terminator on Blu-Ray yet? Let alone DVD? Because the 2009 Lenticular version is just the 2006 version with the Lenticular card tacked on, as Corey said. I heard a rumor that there is one with the special features intact, but I still wanna get a Lenticular Sleeve.

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 12:59:57 AM PST
no

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 8:13:40 PM PST
Just a quick correction. Salvation, like Rise of the Machines (both the weaker films in the series), were distributed by Warner Bros. in the US, not MGM.

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 1:19:50 PM PDT
JTurner says:
It is now 2013 and the Remastered edition has been released (currently $8 on Amazon?!) LOTS of complaints about this newest reincarnation. I'd like to read-up on the digital coding specs, I think I read coding is MPEG-4 vs MPEG-2?
For one thing, Sound Effects have been changed, and have less punch! Now I haven't seen the Remastered edition myself, but I've read many posts which claim that the sound mix is just plan BAD, even if pic quality may be only somewhat improved. And apparently some of the original sound effects are updated, some in the flashbacks of the future, and some of the gunshots, etc. This may not be noticeable except to maybe some die hard fans, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
I just picked up a used 2011 Digibook Limited Edition Blu-Ray version, which I will test out and report back on later, for anyone interested. Who knows, probably the same as the initial 2006 version... Stay Tuned!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  May 26, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Terminator [VHS]
The Terminator [VHS] by Arnold Schwarzenegger (VHS Tape - 1998)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,294)