Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on November 16, 2010
I really love this drama. It's funny and sweet all at the same time. I think they did a great job of adapting the manga, too. It's not exactly the same, but has the same feeling and flavor. The actors who play Kyohei and Sunako-chan are especially good. The english subs are fabulous for the first 6 episodes or so--really fabulous, in fact. But then the last four episodes (from Sunako-chan's class reunion on) it's like a completely different person, who doesn't undertand English at all really, did the subtitles. The names for the characters used in the subtitles are the Chinese names, they get the genders wrong, and it just sounds bizarre. And makes the rest of the episodes kind of unwatchable--it's that bad. It's a bummer, because it's such a fun, fun drama. I would have given it 5 stars otherwise. I guess I'll have to learn more Japanese. If anyone knows of an edition that has great english subs all the way through, let us know!
on April 5, 2011
I love this drama but the DVD itself is a bit suckish towards the end. For example, the last couple of episodes: the subtitles get all messed up and practically unreadable. But besides that, it was worth getting.
on October 23, 2015
I love the manga to death! LOL The anime, is great. I haven't watched this all the way through, yet, but thus far I love this, too! The disks did arrive with a bit of sticky stuff on them, though. That kind of made me mad. I got the goo off, but there are some tiny scratches on the surface. It seems like the packaging is to blame. The inside of the case is lined with bright orange fabric that seems a little scratchy, and I guess that and the glue used to assemble it came off on the disks. Overall it is a nice package, and the disks are running with no problem. I think the manufacturer should take a bit more care, however. I am not sure why the story has a little cousin of Sunako now, but he is so cute, and funny! My husband, and I are enjoying the series!
on September 9, 2011
The crap subtitles/translations that people are commenting on were poor because this is a bootleg DVD. As of yet no J-dramas have been licensed for US release, ever. Any drama boxset that is both: A) "All region" (as opposed to R1 for North America, etc.); and B) both Chinese and English subtitled is almost assuredly a bootleg. Don't waste your money!

P.S. I actually like this drama otherwise-- I just hate it when people make money selling illegal copies.
on July 7, 2013
I really liked this video. I'm watching it for the second time. The only problem I have is that the second part dubbing was terrible. It looked like the person doing it got lazy.
on January 9, 2011
I agree that the English subtitling on the last few episode was bad but I think you can follow what's going on by the acting. Because this is a manga made into a live action series, I understand that the story is a bit fanciful and unrealistic but that's what makes the series fun to watch. The theme running through the story is love yourself. One character suffered because she believed herself to be ugly after being rejected by her first love. She became a recluse hiding herself in a hooded cloak and interested only in the gothic, macabre and weird things. The other character suffered because he was too beautiful which caused separation from his family and rejection from his mother. They both learned to accept themselves as they are and each other. The road to that discovery is fun to watch. Also there are side stories involving the other main characters. The twist in the last episode is a wonderful surprise. I really enjoyed this series and have watched it twice. I highly recommend this to any one who is a Kamenashi Kazuya fan.
on March 15, 2011
I have looked at the anime and read only a little bit of the manga but so far i love the live action version. it made me laugh get angry and cry. I know the subs are a bit messed but i am working had to understand more Japanese so it doesn't bother me.
on September 11, 2012
This series is geared towards people who don't need subtitle....(since the subing on disc two is out there)
I love how this series focuses more on the two main characters and not jumping around trying to build everyone up at once. Don't get me wrong, all the characters develop. However, for those that Loved the Anime and hated how it ended. This Live action series made up for all that the anime series fell through on. hint hint Sounako and Kyohie...
on November 28, 2014
I had watched it before and loved it. I was so happy that I was able to find it on Amazon.
on January 9, 2014
funny and odd but good tv show I bet it would be better if it had the whole tv show but it was still good no jump in the dvd or stops