Published on December 14, 2010 by Joby

2.0 out of 5 stars Buttons doing work
Got the tachyon for my ski trip after reading the reviews that seemed to show that tachyon had the most favorable comments. When I received the product the button used to start and stop the recording didnt work well but I figured that I'd use the remote. By the time I got to the ski slopes, the start and stop button hardly responded at all. Then on the first day, the on/...
Published on January 8, 2011 by Won_in_NJ

5.0 out of 5 stars HD Video? - Check, Indestructible? - Check, Easy to use? - Check, December 14, 2010
Joby (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
Could not be more impressed with this camera, came well packaged and quickly, easy to set up, I had a recording on my Mac in seconds. Took it out paint balling at the weekend, recorded 3 25min games strapped to the side of my marker. When I got home popped the card out and dragged and dropped the videos onto my desktop, video was good, less shaky than I expected and very clear, even ducking into buildings and out into bright sunlight the camera quickly adjusted and shot the action, mic could pick up the ambient noise and the banter between players :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tachyon XCHD camera, February 6, 2011
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
An excellent piece of kit - the quality of the build just oozes from it. I've bought it for videoing from a motorbike - probably one of the most hostile environments for such a camera. And it performs really well - clear images and surprisingly decent sound.

If I have reservations they are these:

1 - the exposure can be a bit flakey at time
2 - the record button requires a really firm press so you're never sure its on without looking at the LED display.

That aside its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars HD Qualty and a very economical price, February 3, 2011
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
I have an opportunity to review a lot of helmet cameras, and this waterproof system is a very good value for the money. For less than $200, you can get a very good waterproof camera that shoots in HD. It does not have all the fancy customization features as the $300 cameras, but some people just want a good point-n-shoot camera that is easy to use and turns out great video. The wide angle lens captures a lot fo the surrounding action without distorting the image. The camera comes with a variety of mounts,so you can station it n almost anything. It also comes with an IR Remote, which most of the more expensive cameras do not even offer. The IR Remote works up to at least 18' consistently, an can easiy fit into any pocket. Tachyon has a pretty strong following of Motorcross and Paintball customers who demand performance and durability...this in iteself says a lot about the overall quality of the camera. There is a more thorough review on [...], and you can check out some footage on Tachyon's website. For less than $200, this camera is very good value for the buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tachyon XC HD, February 18, 2011
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
My first Tachyon was the original sold in 2008. I then upgraded to the Tachyon XC 2010 in December 2009..The original was a great camera and preformed just as it was said to and expected to. So when the 2010XC hit the market I knew it was a no brainer to step up. As it was a giant step up in video quality. I'm glad I did the move and the resale of my original was close to the cost of the new 2010xc. I was so pleased I bought 2 2010's to mount on my front bumper of my Quad for some real action packed video. And guess what? I won two 2010xc's complete with the 3d package in a contest they had!

You can find them on Youtube by searching this [...]

Late December 2010 rolled around and so did the ne Tachyon XC HD.. You guessed it..Time to sell both 2010xc's and step up to HD I'm sure glad I did! Having only used the new HD only a handful of times but man am I thrilled with these cameras! here's video shot last week with the new HD model..
stay tuned for more!
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for value!, December 15, 2010
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
I buy the latest version HD, after reading a lot of comparative review in internet and magazines. We receive it as it was available very well packaged and quick to Spain. The package include all the accessories, so you don t need buy other like other brands.The follow up customer department is excellent. I put it in our 4x4 expedition and just come back from a 5500 Km off road trip from Morocco with sand, wind, sans wind,many tracks with rock and snowing in a little road at 2500m of altitude. It was an real time test condition. The result is excellent, quality of image, and the wide angle didn t deform like other brands.
The remote control is an excellent accessories (no all other brand have...) you can choose when driving when shoot or fuilming. For the price and building quality you must buy it. We have in project to buy an other for inside view, and an other in the future when they include GPS Data information. A best product!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little head cam, December 15, 2010
Amazon Customer "Sha-adow" (Newton Abbot, Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
Bought this camera for kayaking and kite buggying, and I have to say it lives up the the advertising both on the website and also on youtube. It does what it says on the tin! The time lapse feature is a real bonus, just got to find a program to play it back as a movie now. The quality of build on this camera is excellent and I can see it serving me for many years, will definately have to get a second one for 3D videoing on the kayak, that'll be awesome. I've now got to give some thought as to how to mount it on the kayak and buggy for best results, the answer may be helmet on the buggy due to vibration and on a mast on the kayak.

5.0 out of 5 stars The little Tachyon HD engine that could!!!, December 19, 2010
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
Well where to start, It's waterproof up to 100 ft, shock proof, durable, compact, very easy to use and a super price!! With the only one in the market that offers a Picatinny rail mount for guns and paintball / airsoft markers, this Tachyon XC HD camera is awesome. I bought mine for paintball and I have been very happy with the product and the customer service. Thank you Tachyon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiwirider Rates Tachyon XC HD Camera, December 17, 2010
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
Awesome wee camera, robust and good quality, good range of attachments comes with it. Purchased and had sent to New Zealand....Took 4 days to get for Texas to New Zealand and the sadly another 4 days to get to my place. New Zealand delivery agent let them down... Not the first time this has happened with this carrier...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent images, December 22, 2010
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
I'm very pleased with the camera. It takes excekent video and images. It is a little larger than I expected, but that doesn't take away from the quality. It would have been nice to have some of the stealth features of the previous version of this canera so it could be used as a nanny cam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, February 1, 2011
This review is from: 2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera (Electronics)
Great camera and outstanding performance. I love how it is waterproof!!! I took it on a mountaineering trip to Aconcagua. Worked amazing well and held up under the conditions.

2011 Tachyon XC HD Helmet Camera