New in the 2012 IFC®
Key changes include:
- Complete reformatting into eight different parts, each correlating to a specific area of regulation.
- New requirements for: photovoltaic solar cells on roofs; mass notification fire alarm systems in large stadiums; portable fire extinguishers in Group A, B, and E occupancies; sub-atmospheric gas systems; and automated LP-Gas cylinder exchange cabinets.
- Revised definitions for health, day, and ambulatory care occupancies.
- Clarified automatic sprinkler protection requirements for upholstered furniture.
- Revised requirements for specific dry cleaning plants.
About the Author
ICC is a leading organization dedicated to developing a single set of comprehensive, coordinated national model construction codes. To date, 48 U.S. states have adopted various international codes from ICC.