5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, no filler or lag in the story
This book is very good, the story itself goes well beyond the moon. What I enjoy most about the book is the pace.
There is little if any filler and the book moves on.
Published on June 4, 2012 by Derek, Toronto

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea, somewhat off execution
I liked the ideas - alien craft starts harvesting our moon, the Ancient Ones spaceship, the halos that impart the alien knowledge, the alien race that was captured by the Ancient Ones.
Published on October 5, 2012 by pilgrimsprogproj

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea, somewhat off execution, October 5, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
Too bad the execution was not quite up to par. One reviewer said that there is "no filler". That is an understatement. No significant character development - the characters are cardboard cutouts - even late in the book. After several months together the characters still call each other "Dr. Hauptmann" and "Dr. Carter". This would have obviously been dropped to just last names at least. The events are just too easy - the characters not only get alien technology, they easily take over the alien factories on the ship, design guns, flamethrowers, armor, spaceships, and have the factories kicking these things out non-stop, with very little "cost". They communicate with Legion, and Legion quickly starts to "talk" in normal speech, including American colloquialisms. Soon every character speaks with the same voice, which is a no-no for characterization and dialog. Dialog was strained and not realistic. I wanted to like the book, and indeed I read it to the end. But it could have been so much better with a ghost writer or editor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, no filler or lag in the story, June 4, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
There is little if any filler and the book moves on.
What I mean is if the book states something is to be done in a week, this occurs within a page, not a chapter as with some books. This makes one want to read every word instead of skimming to get to the next stage.

The story, well it's excellent, you just have to read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised Enjoyment, July 12, 2012
Amazon Customer (Anchorage, AK USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
Rapid but consistent pace, surprising plot twists, well thought-out characters, great ending begging for a sequel or even an entire series. Yes, this is one is well worth the surprisingly low price and I look forward to the next collaboration of these two writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the sequel!, August 27, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the premise of the book and the "this could happen tomorrow" feeling Clarke gives to the book with the 2012 date in the title. The book started a little slow and I actually stopped reading it to read another book. However, I picked it up again during a long airplane flight and got totally obsessed with it. I can't stop thinking about it even after I've finished it. Although the author is new and is still picking up skills (the author writing skills actually improve visibly the further I got into the book) the imagination and underlying sci-fi are compelling.

I had an early meeting this morning and was late for it because I stayed up so late last night reading this book. When I saw the sequel is not yet out I had a bit of a fit this morning.

In short, character development could be better and the introduction could use some work but I'd still give this book a 4.5 out of 5. It has become one of my favorites. If there was a hard back edition, I'd buy it - just to save it for reading a few years from now.

I'm a big fan of this author now and I'm eagerly awaiting the next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars What now???, September 12, 2012
Amazon Customer (Anahiem California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the story and the whole concept. Especially the technology. Then, just when i thought the story was going to another level, it just ended. Please tell me there is a book two...or more....? That is the reason for only four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, September 7, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
I liked it,it was a light read , a little moralistic,but nice would give 3 1/2 stars but didn't have that choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well written book!, August 26, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
Just finished reading the book.... It is extremely well written and the science is great also. I do not usually read "space opera", but the excellent writing kept me reading all day!!!! Can't wait for the sequel to come out. A great mix of genres kept me interested thru the entire book. I hope to see more from JD Clark and Gary Hocker the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, August 23, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
This was a great book. The characters were interesting and easy to relate to. I loved the story. Fast paced and never boring. I can't wait for the sequel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story!!!!, August 21, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
Ok, first, the bad: there were a few typo's in the book, so your proofreader sucks!

Now, the good: the story was so good, the typos did not throw me off! I started reading this yesterday, and I'm 80% thru the book now. I'm already waiting for the sequel! I couldn't put it down yesterday! Today I'm at work, and can't wait til my lunch hour to read some more.

When can we expect the sequel????

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, fast paced, easy read, August 6, 2012
This review is from: 2012 Lunar Contact (Contact Series) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book based on the positive reviews and the story plot and was happy I did. The book moves quite fast, and I found myself flying through the chapters. Some of the complaints I heard were that it moved too fast, or there wasn't enough character development, but I personally enjoyed the pace. Some events happen very fast in the book and at points where I thought the book would get long and drawn out, I would be surprised how quickly the authors would wrap up a subplot. If the story plot interests you and you want a quick easy read, I'd definitely recommend picking this up.