Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 3, 2013
When I get Baseball Forecaster I know that the next baseball season has started. It arrives in the fall and by winter it is dog eared and has notes scrawled in the margins as I look carefully at his special statistical analysis of pitchers and position players. Usually spot on. Anyone who plays fantasy must have this.
on December 19, 2012
The newest edition of the Forecaster continues the sabremetric work developed over the last few decades. They've added a Dom/Dis ratio for hitters this year in an effort to gauge reliability, but otherwise, it's mostly the same great annual guide as previously printed.

The opening essays are all relevant and updated. I recommend reading them as you would read a book - from front to end even if you can't resist jumping ahead to look at individual players.

One complaint - they published an essay on new standards for LIMA evaluation, but then used the old numbers in their own charts. Presumably, this will be corrected in updates on their website.

The one book to buy, even if you're having more than one!
on February 25, 2014
This book is certainly a resource that I would recommend to baseball fans, but I feel that it lacks the depth of other publications such as Baseball Prospectus. It certainly has interesting statistics and it is chock full of information, but there is a certain element that I can't quite put my finger on that makes me prefer BP to this book.
on January 31, 2013
Another great update, although i might buy it direct from their website next year so i can get the pdf and spreadsheet data included.
on March 30, 2013
Been meaning to buy this book for years. Instead, I've been wasting money on magazines. A must have for fantasy baseballers.
on December 11, 2014
Great book./. If you are into Fantasy baseball this is must have.. Ton of awesome stats, and great projections and just so much more information than what you would normally get into a typical magazine....;
on January 6, 2013
This is personally my favorite book for helping me draft my fantasy baseball team. Lots of sleepers, nice to see the trends of players and use sabermetrics to predict each players future output. Shipped just fine and book was exactly as advertised.
on January 11, 2013
i'm telling you this book has made me so smart. you want to know how mike trout is going to do in 2013? this is the right book for you. ron shandler and bill james forever. i am in a fantasy keeper league, and because of this book i can put a value on every player i own. the crazy thing is that most of the predictions of players stats in this book are very close to reality. check the 2012 stats and book. it has been an invaluable asset. i came in second in both my leagues. in the money but not on top. Maybe i'd do better if i didn't draft guys like miguel sano, but he will get to the bigs and once he does--boom. and baseball forecaster will be there to predict it.
on December 26, 2012
I am a big baseball fan. I follow most of the teams and their players. I also play a head to head game (APBA) and this book is a great help. In APBA, we act as scouts, general managers, and managers. Although APBA is based upon the stats of the previous year, we have a keeper league, so I like to draft new players with an eye to how they should do in future years. Ron Shandler's analytics are very useful.
on March 7, 2013
I have bought this book for the last three years and find it very useful in preparing for fantasy baseball drafts. It did help me win one league last year.