Published 5 months ago by Kris Watertown MA

1.0 out of 5 stars Vivian's review
I do not like this book at all. It has a missing "J" index section and does not even have all the listings of medications that have been out for over a year. If I had kept the paper work I would have returned.
Published 23 months ago by Vivian P. Goodman

5.0 out of 5 stars but I think owning both the Delmar and the Lippincott is an excellent investment., September 1, 2014
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
I used the Delmar in the lab and found it markedly different from my Lippincott. It is more informative, more extensive, and more alarming. It is more informative and extensive in that it lists "most common" adverse effects as well as providing the full list, and explains the pharmacokinetics more thoroughly. It is more alarming in that for dangerous drugs it lays out in no uncertain terms why they are dangerous. For an example, look up digoxin in Delmar and Lippincott. In writing my med journals and med cards, I used both the Lippincott & the Delmar. Sometimes I used the info from Lippincott simply because it was shorter (NOT more succinct -- it leaves out a lot that I think is important) but read the Delmar thoroughly so I understood the drug. There are times when info from the Delmar has to be included or my med journal or card would be insufficient. I know nurses/nursing students don't want to spend money on books they don't need, but I think owning both the Delmar and the Lippincott is an excellent investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comprehensive but heavy!, August 9, 2012
Amazon Customer (Ridgeley, WV, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
I bought this book as a requirement for my psychopharmacology class. It is a very hefty and comprehensive book, covering all the drugs anyone could possibly have need for, and listing in great detail the pharmacokinetics, administration of, side effects, etc. It also has a section in the back with photos of the actual pills. What I don't care for is that the book is much too heavy to carry around in a lab coat or possibly even a workbag on a regular basis--it's about the size of a small family Bible, and as weighty. This really limits how much it will get used, as it will probably spend most of its time sitting on my desk or bookcase. Also, the printing is a little crowded, in my opinion, and the pages are so thin it's difficult to flip to the section you're looking for easily. A very complete reference book, not a good day-to-day clinical tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vivian's review, March 15, 2013
Vivian P. Goodman (Ocala, Florida USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, August 27, 2013
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
I used this book as back up to my Davis book. It is simple to use and easy to understand. Not the best but very helpful in school. Now that I am out I plan on keeping it with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick, February 14, 2013
K. Miller "KM" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
Great detail, but I prefer Mosby's. This book is extremely thick and not as practical on the floor. I prefer this on my hand held, but some hospitals do not allow hand held devices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful info, May 2, 2013
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
Informative & thorough listings. Was highly recommended by the patriot nurse, I can see why. Good for reference for anyone's medical library.

5.0 out of 5 stars All stars!, January 7, 2013
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
Well organized, it's easy to find by generic name, very complete drug guide. It's a must have for nursing students!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 28, 2014
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
Good for the price, perfect condition!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, December 28, 2014
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
a necessary tool for an RN

5.0 out of 5 stars Medical Refence, June 29, 2014
This review is from: 2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook (Paperback)
Best book out there......

2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook
2013 Delmar Nurse's Drug Handbook by George R. Spratto PhD (Paperback - June 28, 2012)
$39.95 $28.53