Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Tomb Raider forum

2013 Pre-orders

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2012 11:58:56 PM PDT
Casey says:
I want to reserve copies of Bioshock Infinite and TR 9, but have become increasingly concerned about whether or not extras will be included unless opting to pay an for a special edition. In all reality I feel if new titles are so pricey, deserve to know precisely what can be expected. Specifically with TR 9 as a standard version believe it should have an equal ratio of DLC to physical inclusions. Instead of yielding why not wait for prices to drop or demand a drastic change toward future costs?

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:26:46 PM PDT
They just added exclusive bonuses for preordering on Amazon. Check it out.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:44:00 PM PDT
Bob A. Booey says:
This Amazon Pre order is lame. Give exclusive game content or a $$$ credit.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 11:44:04 AM PDT
Y. Navas says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:29:12 PM PDT
Casey says:
Thank you so much Phillip for letting me know. Unfortunately they did not offer anything exciting. Chances are I will likely sell my extras. As a gaming community I think we need to demand higher standards from developers, publishers and producers. Not only for improved downloadable content, but titles worth spending our money on. Why rush during the creation process for sake of deadlines, when quality work will stand against time? If anyone agrees with these sentiments please offer your opinions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 1:42:38 PM PDT
I disagree. Exclusive content is bad. What are we supposed to do when 5 different retailers have 5 different exclusives? We end up missing out. Also as good as Amazon is, it doesn't always have the best deal, which means you could find yourself paying more for those exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 1:45:41 PM PDT
I think the Kindle-exclusive documentary is complete bull. How much of the target audience of TR even has a Kindle? We're gamers. We probably have other tech we'd rather watch it on. If the DLC and art book are not Amazon-exclusive, I'll be getting the game somewhere else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 6:35:12 PM PDT
Casey says:
I may have been ambiguous, but am proposing a demand for raised standards across the board. As consumers if we refused to buy exclusives from varying retailers without compromising on receiving the same bonuses perhaps, would re-establish the reality of who holds leverage in regards to their industry as buyers. Personally I have wanted to see more creativity instead of being given a standard art book, online pass and some sort of download. For example, it would be nice to receive nostalgic items like Lara's sunglasses or items paying recognition to Tomb Raiders rebirth (i.e. a survival nap sack, pick axe, map of the island etc). Also when asking for opinions I was in fact referring to everyone and therefore welcome alternate voices and perspectives on my previous post.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 6:12:19 PM PDT
C. Zhou says:
If you per-order somthing just becasue it come with additional bonus reward, then you should not pre-order. $59.99 is pricey I agree with that. However, we all know this is the price for new title game and ONLY for that game. You should feel thankful becasue Amazon offers some additional content since you pre-order the game through them. Certainly, you can pre-order through other place which offers more attractive bonus, but what is the point here? Just ask youself: do you really like this game or just the pre-order bonus content? I love Tomb Raider and I respect all the staffs behind this game who had worked thousand hours just for the date of its final release. So guys: pre-order it or just leave it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:40:11 AM PST
Do you honestly think that preorder incentives don't have value? They do (that's while they're called incentives), and while people may not technically be "purchasing" them, they are definitely investing in them. I love Tomb Raider too but I'm under no delusion that preordering isn't a game with the goal to get the best content. Unfortunately Amazon loses this time.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:45:26 AM PST
Andrew Ward says:
I don't see why you guys are so worried about these pre-order bonuses.
1: The game content is going to be released a week or two after release.
2: If you don't like the freebies that are offered on a site, then purchase it elsewhere.

Personally, I think Best Buy's pre-order bonuses are better than Amazon. Graphic novel/art book is a win in my book. But, if you just want the book itself, wait for the promotional item to appear on ebay then. *Shrugs*

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:58:11 PM PST
H. Shamsi says:
A collectors edition has been announced, i would go for that

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 11:57:37 PM PST
K. Wendt says:
@H. Shamsi

True, but not everyone has or wants to spend $100 on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:19:35 PM PST
Facelord says:
I don't buy games with pre-order exclusive content, ever. I wait until there's a "game of the year edition" or they hit the bargain bin, or I buy used or something. Games with pre-order exclusive content don't get my dollar vote, it's not difficult to just spend my hard-earned money on a different gaming experience- this is exactly what I do.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 9:02:33 AM PST
Jagz55 says:
All the pre order stuff is optional add ons, they are in no way neccerary or do they add anything substantial.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 5:22:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013 12:23:19 PM PST
Bob A. Booey says:
Some pre orders give incentives to buy... but this TR one blows. A $10 or $20 credit is needed here on amazon for a day one purchase.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tomb Raider forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,113)