2GB 204-PIN PC3-8500 SODIMM DDR3 Memory Module not working! Hi,

I just tried to upgrade my Dell Mini 10 with thise 2gig moduile, however when I boot up all I get it a black screen. I thought for sure this was the correct type of memory for my Mini. Does anyone have any insight? I put the original memory back in and the PC works fine (posting this message from it now). I guess i'm trying to figure out if I choose the incorrect module or if it' just bad and I should get a replacement. I'd hate to have it exchanged just to have the same thing happen.

Thanks for the help.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!!

Paul
asked by Paul on December 24, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
Crucial CT25664BC1067 2GB 204-PIN PC3-8500 SODIMM DDR3 Memory Module is shown as suggested for purchase with the Asus eee PC 1215N netbook. I bouth 2 of these memory modules with my Asus 1215N and the netbook would not boot up. I contacted Crucial and gave them a cross reference number of a Kingston Module that had been tested by Asus and was recommended by the factory. They sent me the CT2Kit25664BC1339.000 which consists of the two 2 GB memory modules. This memory worked perfectly and resulted in 2.74 GB of useable memory after the 512 MB of graphics cards usage was subtracted. I've had this memory for the past 2 months and it continues to work perfectly. I don't know how much this memory improved the performance of the netbook because I didn't do any comparisons before and after the installation. By the way installation of the memory on this netbook is a "piece of cake".
shortimer answered on December 26, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›