Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

on November 25, 2011
I purchased this to replace an uncomfortable Timex Expedition resin watch band. Both the 2 and 4 ring bands have the same thicker nylon webbing, good stitching, and stainless steel hardware. The two included replacement pins are a nice bonus. There are less expensive products that appear similar, but may not be equivalent.

The the 4 ring is designed for deep sea divers, special forces, test pilots and astronauts. The 4 ring is a really nice product, but bulky and overkill for what I do. I also purchased the 2 ring version which I like better. Unless you have a huge watch and/or wrist, I suggest the 2 ring version.
on October 22, 2011
These are thick, tough nylon and very sturdy stainless steel hardware. By far higher quality than the Maratac band's I always used in the past. HIGHLY recommend these, but read up on how these are to be properly used. I wouldn't dive with an expensive dive watch without one of these. Or do anything that might see it getting banged around without one of these bands.
on October 18, 2012
Just received this and used it with a large-scale Skagen watch with a black face. Looks great! Nylon is very heavy gauge; much heavier and denser than my other grosgrain ribbon-style bands that I use for other, smaller watches.

The thing I don't really understand, though, is the placement of the rings and buckle. Look at the photo of this band with the watch attached. The watch is at the "north" end of the circle. I expect the buckle to be placed near the "south" end. However, with this band the buckle and two rings land on the "east" end. So, when you lay your hand flat on the table there's just the band touching the table, not the buckle. Perhaps this is a good thing? It just looks a bit odd to me.
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
I bought the 4 ring band but as some have said it was too big. Since it was the same price as the 2 ring model I got it and figured I'd convert it to a 2 ring band if needed. It was very easy to modify it and I like it as a 2 ring. My watch is a Timex expedition and it looks great with the black band.
on August 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012.

Solid nylon strap, excellent workmanship.

Nylon is 2mm thickness.

Brushed stainless steel buckles are sewn in.

Installed on watch, strap is 12" long end to end.
12 1/4 end to end with buckle.

13 adjustment holes starting 1 5/8" from short edge, or 10 1/2" from buckle.

Comes with a set of spring pins (not heavy duty).

Softens up quickly after a few days wear.

$4.99 shipping for 2 units. Seller may hold that rate for more units.

Being used on 40mm watch
on June 3, 2013
Bought this to secure a dive watch when underwater. The band will keep the watch very secure, but the nylon is so stiff it's difficult to get the watch tightened securely therefore it stays too loose on the wrist. The stiffness of the nylon also means it takes too long to take on and off. I will be returning the band.
on April 18, 2012
Fits perfectly on my Timex expedition watch. Very stiff at first but it worked itself out. Has enough heft that I don't feel like my watch is in danger of falling off.
on November 25, 2012
I have several Maratac bands, this band in my opinion is superior to the Maratac bands in every way. Durability isn't even close. Functionality this band wins again. The hardware is thicker, the Ballistic nylon is thicker yet more comfortable. The eyelets are (I'm Guessing) laser cut and sealed so no jagged edges rub your wrist. All around thumbs up!!
on June 27, 2014
Strap Quality is very good. As a product I give it (5 STARS.)

If ZULU is your style and you have a huge watch I think you will love this strap and I give it the highest recommendation.

This is my first Zulu strap ever. I have found it to be much bulkier than expected when worn on a bare wrist as designed. It is being used on a relatively inexpensive Timex analog watch. This may be only a "style" feature but I have scoured the net on how to use the Nato/Zulu straps. I find the two rings at the end of the short portion to be overkill and useless. It may be style but its just more to flop around. One ring would do the job fine.

As for the two "slack rings" near the buckle I fully understand their purpose and use. I simply find the Zulu system too big and bulky. With the extra strap threaded as designed the oversized Zulu Rings stick out to the side too far and I find the whole mess catching on things and generally in the way.

I made this purchase as a test before spending more money on a much better quality watch. It will be larger than the Timex but the strap issues will still remain. I don't dive so some of the extra strap bulk should be alleviated by cutting off about 1 1/2 inches and hoping I get a good clean melt to prevent fraying.

It has been a long time since I lost a watch but I never spent more than $40 on one either. I gave this a try as insurance before stepping up. For me the ZULU experience has been, "not so much." I may spring for a cheap NATO and trim it as all indications are they are designed to be a bit less on the bulky hardware but still retain a bit more "watch security" Which I will need as I beat my watches hard.

I simply felt it would be good for other first time ZULU strap buyers to know that pictures and real world wearability can differ greatly. IF you think having the extra length of strap bulging out on one side might be a problem for you too I would definitely try NATO first recognizing you may want to even trim that one too. Lastly, consider staying with the standard bracelet or maybe a kevlar strap. I hope my observations help strap newbies like me.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
Nylon quality. It has a smooth feel to it, you can tell it's woven out of fine fibers. When you bend the strap it's tough enough so that you can't fold a complete crease in it, and it holds its shape as well. The holes and edges have definitely been cut and sealed off with some care. It's thick, and firm, but not so much that it's uncomfortable. It can conform and bend to the shape of your wrist.

Hardware. Brushed stainless steel oval rings are woven firmly in place, and don't wobble around freely. I was expecting a thicker pin on the tang buckle, to fit through the strap holes, but the supplied pin is still solid steel, and still more than enough.

Size. Once you weave the strap through the 2 rings properly, you can notice it shorten up. Snugly on my 6 inch wrist, I'm now on the 7th hole. But it seems like how you weave the strap into the rings can have a great impact on strap length-like for positioning. Otherwise, mine can't take anymore than an 8 inch wrist, and 6 inches feels perfect. It's also a perfect 20mm wide.

I have mine on a 42mm diameter Citizen diver (50mm lug to lug) 13mm wide. I upgraded the springbars to some thick, shoulderless ones and am glad I did, given how firm the strap is. It's certainly a heavy duty strap, but not too thick. This strap is a lot tougher than a Waterborne strap, which felt like simple cloth. No labels saying where it was made either.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse