4.0 out of 5 stars Relive The Eighties in Style!
Published on March 12, 2004 by nina

3.0 out of 5 stars Memories Galore!!
Awww, snap. I just picked this up and "CandyMan" is slamming right now! Brings back fond memories of my youth. "All Night Long", "In My House", "Boys" - this CD is worth having if you were a MJG fan back in the day.
Published on March 1, 2004 by Ms. 90

4.0 out of 5 stars Relive The Eighties in Style!, March 12, 2004
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
If you remember Vanity 6, Appolonia ( From Purple Rain ), The Jets and Stacy Lattisaw you should remember the Mary Jane Girls, the group brought to the world by funk master Rick James. Just like Rick these girls were fashionable, bold and extremely talented. The best songs on this album are " All Night Long ", ( if you don't know this song you must be living in a box ), and " Candy Man ". Other big hits include " In My House " and " Walk Like A Man ". The Mary Jane girls may not have stayed around long but their music lives on. Some see them as masters of soul. Other see them as fluff music but no matter what you think of the Mary Jane girls, they helped defined an era built on sexuality and female independence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky album by some fine looking ladies back then!, July 24, 2006
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
I still have this CD! They did a good job combining the best songs from the Mary Jane Girls' only 2 albums and 1986's Walk Like a Man. I go to some dances a lot and All Night Long is still a popular request for the dancers on the floor! Rick James knew how he wanted this group to sound with these dynamic funky numbers, especially 1983's Candy Man, In My House (which I heard in New Jersey in summer '85), Wild and Crazy Love (which I heard in Georgia in summer '85), Boys, I Betcha and many others. Wild and Crazy has a strong energy the first few minutes, but it's that funky instrumental section that goes for 1:57 before the final chorus! You have to get ready for that part! One of Rick's finest instrumentals outside of his own albums,proving he was a true musician in his own right! Each of the ladies had their own personality, the wild one with longer hair, the lead singer with the braids, the more conservative one and the blonde one with the leather/dominatrix image. This group has had a strong shelf life and their music is still played today in some places and at parties. If you missed out on them in the '80s, now is your time to purchase this fabulous compilation where these women expressed themselves in a presentable but yet sexy image!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Night Long In 1983, June 14, 2006
Maurice (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
I was born in 1983, and 22 years later I will proudly say that "Candy Man" is still off the hook! Back in the 80's, R&B music was real and original, fresh and hip. Unlike many of today's singers, they actually had talent. Some might say that these girls were mere sexual fluff under the influence of Rick James, but I beg to differ. "All Night Long" and "Meeting In The Ladies Room" are fantastic, but "Candy Man" will get me on the dance floor every time!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a Must, October 10, 2001
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
The Mary Jane Girls did more with Two ALbums than Many do with 10 times more.Together with the Funk Mind&Groove of Rick James they Created many Classic Jams that have since been Sampled,Looped&Re-Made so much."In My House" still Blasts Loudly here.that Jam is Timeless."All Night Long" has Been Sampled&Re-Played a ton as well&It still Bumps.can't get enough of these Jams.they truly captured the time.enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Funky, & Sexy, May 28, 2014
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
Awesome album! What more can you say; funk, r& b, & some 80s punk/rock all in one! Last but not least Rick James.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mary Jane girls., April 13, 2014
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this cd for a few old school jams but there are other good songs on this cd as well I heard about two or three that I did'nt care for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon cloud Player, January 30, 2014
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
I really digging the Amazon cloud player and Amazon cloud storage. Makes it really convenient to get to my music.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, July 22, 2013
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
All the songs are so great. They bring back those memories and good feelings of growing up. Keep them coming.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gift Well-Received, March 12, 2013
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
I gave this dvd to my daughter, and she loves it. I had no idea that I could even find, let alone purchase this music and make my daughter so happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THE MARY JANE GIRLS, December 14, 2012
This review is from: 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection (Audio CD)
I loved them from the time that I heard the signature songs, "All night long, Candy man, & In my House" I was so sorry that they did not continue to record and bring the fans more of their good music! Rick James influence and production is evident, and that only adds to the albums appeal. I remember that my best friend's mother had the vinyl record, and the cover showed for women with very different looks/ personas..sexy & sassy! I am a fan of real singing , and this is singing at its best! On this CD are other gems , that didn't get as much airplay as the hits but that are still great in my opinion! It is a must have for any Mary Jane girl , Rick James production fans!I am very happy that I purchased it!

20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection
20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection by Mary Jane Girls (Audio CD - 2001)