Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 21 Distinctions of Wealth: Attract the Abundance You Deserve
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon June 19, 2008
21 Distinctions of Wealth is a self- help book that concentrates its efforts on changing one's attitude and life outlook through the repetition of affirmations relating to several specific areas of wealth and abundance. Starting with the proclamation that everyone is already rich in their own unique way, 21 Distinctions of Wealth continues its positive message all the way to the book's final chapter. The idea promoted here is that, through repetition of positive affirmations each day, a life of great abundance and prosperity is just around the corner.

After reading 21 Distinctions of Wealth, it is apparent that this self- help guide is a little different than others. Yes, it does talk about achieving a life of abundance and wealth and, like many self- help books, it stresses the use of positive thinking to achieve the desired results. But 21 Distinctions of Wealth is unique in several ways. First, it isn't strictly about positive thinking and nothing more. There is also some practical advice in this guide, like debt management and self- control. Second, there is some advice that isn't surreal and that most anyone will agree is sensible, like the Distinction that says "Wealth Comes in Many Forms". Most anyone would agree that wealth isn't just about money- a person can experience wealth in the form of unconditional love, family support, and other means. These facts make 21 Distinctions a little bit different from other guides that often promote positive thinking as the only thing necessary to achieve goals.

These practical chapters and others like them are useful, but some of the other advice in 21 Distinctions of Wealth might be tough for every reader to swallow. The basic premise of this book is that each one of us has the power to make great things happen and to achieve abundance if only we would think positively and believe in our positive thoughts. The latter part of the previous sentence is key: Thinking positive is only the start- what will really transform one's life and lead to greatness is convincing the self that these positive thoughts are reality. For example, it is one thing to tell yourself that you have many positive gifts to share with the world, but it another thing entirely to actually believe that what you are saying to yourself is true. This sounds a little like self- deception, but the book is quick to point out that it is not this way at all because everyone already has talents and riches to a great degree. The key is realizing how great these talents and riches already are. Once the self has been convinced, the attitude is improved, others will notice and treat the person differently, and the forces in the universe will take over and help make the desired outcomes take place.

Is this all a little far- fetched? I say yes and no. Yes, it is a little outrageous to assume that positive thinking is going to suddenly make everything better and cause waterfalls of cash to drown an individual in unforeseen abundance. But on the other hand, there is a certain amount of truth to what this book is saying. It is true that positive attitudes create differences in the reactions of family, friends, and even total strangers. People who think they are a certain way, even if they exaggerate a little bit, often invoke reactions from others that fit the attitude. For example, if you feel you are a highly intelligent and articulate person and it shows in your attitude, people whom you come in contact with on a daily basis will behave differently toward you than before. Once you are convinced in your personal affirmations, others will slowly come to believe the same things and great things could very well follow. In other words, if you think you're hot stuff, others will think so, too.

Where 21 Distinctions of Wealth loses me a little bit isn't when it talks about the relationships with others and perceptions of others, but rather about the forces of the universe and how it will answer your wishes if you sincerely believe in what you are saying/feeling. I can think of many people who have been talking and thinking positively for decades and achieved very little progress toward their goals. What would 21 Distinctions of Wealth say about that? Would it say that these individuals are not sincere enough? That they are not concentrating strongly? What if they are concentrating very strongly? Is it simply not the will of the universe to make these things happen? And if the universe has to want it to happen to make it happen, then doesn't that mean that everything is out of our hands anyway?

This book is all about creating positive energy and reaching personal fulfillment, and it offers some hits and misses. I rank it higher than other think positive self- help guides due to its avoidance of completely surreal and/or spiritual overtones. There is some sensible advice here and some universal truths that anyone can accept. Whether or not you buy into the notion that the universe will recognize your positive vibrations and bring you great abundance is up to you. But there are some good points to this book, and its optimistic tone and other factors convince me to recommend it as a possible answer those in need of a life- changing boost.
"When we let go of our narrow ideas about what has value and about what we need in order to feel wealth, we stop feeling that we have to claw and fight for riches in this world." - From the book

Building on her outstanding previous bestseller Your Destiny Switch: Master Your Key Emotions, and Attract the Life of Your Dreams, author and motivational speaker Peggy McColl delivers the most sensible, accessible, and compassionate Law of Attraction book on the market with her newest offering 21 Distinctions of Wealth.

Peggy helps readers clarify what they value in life, as well as recognize the riches manifesting in and around them. From innate talents to great ideas, a willingness to work hard to boundless enthusiasm, 21 Distinctions of Wealth shows the many personal hidden gold mines that--when recognized and appreciated--can turn into other forms of wealth.

In addition to providing proven techniques to becoming a magnet for overflowing abundance, Peggy also presents compelling anecdotes, affirmations and a 21-day checklist for tracking your commitment to creating wealth.

Here are but a few nuggets I've highlighted in this engrossing book:

* "Never let someone else's values influence you to feel inferior about your own."

* "We manage the flow of abundance wisely when we're in a state of positivity, like a gardener who carefully positions the sprinkler or aims a garden hose in the direction of the flowers instead of toward the sidewalk."

* "As long as you're clear on what you most value and what you'd most like to create in your life, turning up the volume on your emotion of abundance will attract the wealth you desire, in the form of cash, people, situations, opportunities, or other resources."

* "If something doesn't have value for you, don't spend money on it, even if you *have* the money for it."

* "The Universe is infinitely more inventive and clever in how it manifests abundance that we can imagine, but often we try to boss it around and force it to operate our way."

* "Never feel that you have to spend your money a particular way just because others say you do."

* "One obstacle to feeling gratitude and abundance that I often see people struggle with is lingering resentment over something that happened in the past that resulted in a diminishment of abundance. You must let go of the `loss'--whether it's a divorce, a drop in the value of a home or financial holdings, or a friendship that ended."

I am living proof that the techniques in 21 Distinctions of Wealth WORK. Here's one example: beginning on page 113, Peggy explains how "many published authors begin with an abundance of passion for their subject, pouring it into a blog, a Website, or an organization. They share their wisdom and compassion with others through the media... Their goal is simply to `get the word out', but their hard work and enthusiasm attracts the attention of a literary agent or publisher, and the next thing you know, they have a book deal..."

I am that person!

For years, I've freely published reviews on [...], as well as articles and interviews on my personal website. Some people wondered why I'd write "for free" for so many years, not understanding that, for me, writing reviews and experiencing fantastic books was not only a passion and great source of joy, but also a form of "wealth" for me.

Over the years, my reviews have put me in contact with many people in the media, some resulting in friendships. Well, a little over a year ago, I shared three rough chapters that came to me in a fit of inspiration (in the bathtub no less!) with an author friend. She thought the idea was so good, she shared it with "a friend" in the publishing world.

That "friend" happened to be the Sales and Marketing director at Hampton Roads Publishing, the same publisher that took a chance on Neale Donald Walsch's Conversations with God book which went on to become a New York Times Bestseller!

Within days, this person emailed me that he'd like to talk with me on the phone; within a few minutes of talking with him, I had a book deal! (In fact, my book The Back in Time Tarot Book: Picture the Past, Experience the Cards, Understand the Present is already listed on Amazon.com and will be coming out in October 2008. How's that for quick manifestation?!)

Now, if I hadn't "followed my bliss", as Joseph Campbell would say, or if I hadn't put the many hours into honing my writing and expanding my knowledge (which, incidentally, also happens to be pure joy for me), I wouldn't be where I am at. Like 21 Distinctions of Wealth recommends, I followed what felt good--what jazzed me and created feelings of accomplishment, a sense of contribution, and glorious excitement.

As Peggy astutely notes, "It's the people looking for a `quick buck' who peter out long before they get to the point of writing a book, because they just don't have an abundance of passion for their subject."

I can share other stories with you, including recently acquiring the other side of our duplex so we can have one big house. Our first choice of banks, the one that held the mortgage to the side we resided in, unexpectedly turned us down due to the unique nature of our housing situation (apparently, it's rare) and recent stringent rules. At first, we were discouraged...especially my husband.

However, I kept positive. I knew what I DIDN'T want: yet another string of troublesome neighbors who didn't have anything better to do than harass us for fun. So I called people all over the country, confident that we could secure financing SOMEHOW, especially with our excellent credit ratings. I ended up talking to a man thousands of miles away who pointed me in the right direction.

I'm pleased to report that we just closed on the other side of the duplex two weeks ago and my husband has already opened up the other side so we have one large house (something that's also been a dream of mine!).

Now, I could have gave up and assumed that I wasn't destined to have the other side. I could have "settled" for just having the side I've lived in for over a decade. But something within me rose up and said "No! I will have the other side of that house and financing will come easily." Yes, I had to work to "find" it, but I was fueled by gratitude for the house we ALREADY enjoyed (despite troublesome renters next door), a well as our harmonious family relationships, plentiful love, good health and other blessings.

Being turned down by my first bank of choice was a blessing in disguise, because I ended up saving over $1,000 with my new bank just in closing costs!

So please don't get discouraged if you desire a life of purpose, passion, joy and peace. You CAN transform your life through thankfulness, resourcefulness, surrender and the knowledge that all is truly unfolding just as it needs to for your higher good--and that you have a unique set of gifts that can furnish what you value.

I highly recommend Peggy's first book Your Destiny Switch, as well as 21 Distinctions of Wealth. They are two books I consistently recommend to my clients, primarily for their accessibility, practicality, and Peggy's infectious warmth. You can tell the she cares deeply for her readers and wants to "spread the wealth" for an abundant life. I'll leave you with a quote from the book:

"Give unconditionally, serve others, and don't put a limit on the riches you receive from the Universe in response to your giving. Trust that you can handle all that the Universe has in store for you, and that you can manage your wealth with grace and beauty. Hold on to your faith that it will flow through you to others just as it's supposed to. I know that you're going to make a big difference in the world in your own way!"
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2008
I love this book, it's an easy read and it really helps to identify what exactly what you need to focus on to create wealth. It is more about just thinking wealth, as Peggy explains how our emotions and fears can push us away from attracting the abundance we deserve.

This is an easy read and I love to just open it and pick a distinction to read about

Heather Picken
Law of Attraction Network For Women
on May 1, 2008
New York Times Bestseller Peggy McColl's new book and program, 21 Distinctions of Wealth: Attract the Abundance You Deserve, is an essential resource for anyone who wants to wake up to experience the joyful abundance our world has to offer.

Reminding us that "positive emotions are the fuel for your dreams," and encouraging readers to "envision what you most desire," McColl guides us through twenty-one crisp chapters that address every conceivable concern a reader might have about achieving and understanding wealth. There's sound advice and savvy insight on every page, and each chapter concludes with a series of affirmations that are appropriate to the Distinction under discussion. The book also comes with a calendar/checklist, which makes working with each distinction on a daily basis convenient and fun.

Through it all, McColl's characteristic generosity and warmth sparkle and shine. Her temporal/spiritual awareness is awesome! She is a marvelous listener who has the ability to empower those who study with her and read her.

If you're ready to become more grounded while awakening your full potential as you listen to your dreams, this compassionate book is a good place to begin the journey or correct the journey you're on in mid-course. Like McColl's earlier books, 21 Distinctions of Wealth: Attract the Abundance You Deserve feels like a good friend, a heart friend!

--Robert McDowell, The Poetry Mentor, is the author of POETRY AS SPIRITUAL PRACTICE (July 2008, Free Press) [...]
on March 6, 2015
Mark F. LaMoure, Boise, ID

Peggy McColl is the author of the 4-1/2 Gold Star book named "21 Distinctions of WEALTH." Ms. McColl explains 21 powerful, natural laws of wealth, detailing them for you to follow. The book is clearly written, easy to understand and full of mega-powered ideas that when applied, open the doors of wealth for you. The book is full of excellent information for wealth building, with many ideas for your own get rich plans. Check it out today!
on July 10, 2008
Concise and to the point, 21 Distinctions of Wealth delivers a resounding message of prosperity. Peggy McColl does a superb job of cutting to the chase when conveying her missive on how to achieve goals and how to weave them through our lives on a daily basis.
My favorite distinction is number 14. "Your Abundance Will Show Up For You In Exact Proportion To Your Belief About It." Wow! How strong do you want that belief to be?
Rather makes me want to forget about all the other little peeves that lie around in my head from time to time, weakening the power of my claw to grab at that belief.
That sentence keeps me smiling, I can tell you. Thinking about it reminds me of another little phrase I've always liked, one I've heard since childhood. Remember this, "the sky's the limit." Actually, when I read the explanation of distinction 14, the little ditty finally came home. After all these years, I finally understand its meaning.
"Your Desire to Help Another Become Abundant Creates More Abundance for You." Again, how much does that make you want to go out there and help everyone you can? What kind of world would we have if we did? Probably a world filled with riches and kindness, one where there would be no war, no pettiness, no lack of any kind.
Think it's too simplistic? I think the word you're looking for is simple. Living with ease and friendship is usually much simpler than we allow it to be. Respect of ourselves and others around us is not rocket science; it's more in line with heart science.
For me, the book's appeal lies in the author's genuine concern to help that leaps off every page, that and her keen sense of people.
I know, I'm a fiction writer Beauty Enslaved and throughout the years of building believable, lifelike characters, I've done my share of studying my fellow human being, ourselves usually being the hardest characters to study sometimes relating to the fact that we don't want to see past our reflection in the mirror.
When you read through,21 Distinctions of Wealth: Attract the Abundance You Deserve, you'll have the distinct impression that Peggy has an innate knowledge of what she preaches that she does these same affirmations on a daily basis and that she's letting us in on her deep, successful secrets.
on March 2, 2014
I found this book to be full of important truths. It was hard to put down. I found myself contemplating the messages within this book and beginning the practice of repeating affirmations. I am considering this book one of my most
Influential reads!
on June 2, 2008
This book explores the many ways in which we sabotage our abundance with the thoughts we think. I used to have the belief that I was always living on the edge - and so that edge was my home. It flowed from a whole vein of unexcavated thoughts about money. This book dug them all up. As I read through it in wonder, I saw my almost unconscious beliefs and emotions about money being exposed, one after another. Now I am using the book to expiate the tangle of beliefs that have kept me mired in near-poverty.
on February 26, 2012
If you want to draw more money into your life then you definitely need to create more positive thoughts about it. There are so many affirmations to help you draw money into your life, I use one of them almost daily and it always works, especially when I find myself starting to think negatively - it changes my perspective after saying these affirmations and I become positive again. You need to read this book and change they way you think about money!
on June 30, 2008
Peggy has taken a tried and true concept and broken it down to practical everyday usability. If you're tired of being broke and tired of not having your life in order, you need to get Peggy's book. You will be surprised at how easy it is to distinguish what the differences are between those who have and those who have not.