Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 22mm Zulu 4 Ring Black Nylon Watch Band Strap
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 13, 2011
After I ordered this NATO Zulu, I started doing some research on this type of strap. Yeah I know kinda backwards!!
Well, I learned that there are many copies of this strap with the cheap ones having square cut ends and glued seams for the rings. Well this ones is def heavy duty! The end of the nylon is a curved cut and its heat sealed, also the seams are sown instead of glued down. Most of all I really like the matte finish on the buckle and rings.
I have it on my old scratched up Luminox. I will definately get more of these. The strap is quite long and unless you have gorilla like wrists you will have a little left over. This is fine for me because I can use the extra length for putting the watch over a wetsuit. Others could just cut it and use a lighter flame to seal/melt the end.
review image
on November 1, 2011
I like this Zulu Nato watch band simple utilitarian design, bold look and very sturdy construction but it is a little bulky or cumbersome once synched up on the wrist. It's kinda odd looking too-which I like, has a definite military tactical look. Fits perfectly on the Navy Seal Luminox 3005. If I had to dangle from a wristwatch band at the edge of a cliff, with only the band to keep me from plummeting to my death, this would likely be a top choice. If I had to be able to quickly slip on a light jacket without my watch band catching on the coat's elastic wrist band, this would NOT be the best choice for that. Overall: Good band, nice looks, bulky, maybe a little bit tooooo much "tacticool" for my style. Though, I'm wearing it right now as I type this, so it must not be that bad. For the $15 price, you can afford to grab one and check it out for yourself. OH, and the shipping from this vendor was RIDICULOUSLY FAST. I mean I think I got it in like 2 days fast!! Unheard of in my shopping experiences online.
on January 22, 2015
Extremely comfortable and long enough for my Pebble and 9" wrist. I opted for this band over a more traditional type watch band because I work with computers all day long. Typing and traditional watch bands were never meant to work together in my opinion and this moves all of the hardware to the sides of band thereby reducing pressure on the underside of the wrist. This makes this band extremely comfortable and I even sleep with my Pebble on now. The loops are a bit clunky and people definitely notice but it's really my best option due to the length need to fit my wrist. That said, next time i'll get the black metal loop version so that they don't stick out as much. This is a great product.

***Note*** I have since ordered the dual metal loop kind of this band from the same seller. It's not as long and will not work with my wrist. Why don't these sellers put real sizing information on their bands?
on May 8, 2013
Used on a Tawatec E.O Dive watch:

Fit the watch size perfectly, but would recommend not buying if the watch face is any larger than the watch mentioned. The strap is of high quality (as that of a true Zulu) strong nylon and heavy duty matte hardware. On an eight inch wrist the strap (weaved properly) will have little back weaving which I found to be just right. All in all I highly recommend, Timewheel where I purchased mine, was in my mail box on day three.
on November 2, 2013
If you own a Black Pebble, you owe it to yourself to pick one of these up. I have had no end of plaudits after applying this to my Pebble. I thought I would dislike the silver parts showing, but it looks good. I would like to see one of these things made in all black, which would be more in line with the military bands, but for a utilitarian band that you can wear in a meeting I highly recommend this to compliment a Pebble.
on February 14, 2012
Most of the NATO and ZULU straps available on AMAZON are just for a style. They're cheap thing nylon strips, poorly heat-sealed, with cheap pressed metal rings. These straps are the real deal- heavy duty, strong, and long enough to wear your watch over a wetsuit or jacket.

The nylon is thick, and the metal rings are very robust. The nylon is actually pretty comfortable too. I think since this band has less fraying, its less scratchy.

I was really happy with the quality, and plan to buy more of this model from this vendor.
on February 19, 2013
I love the idea of wearing a watch, but all my life I've been annoyed by how watches feel. I've used every conceivable strap type and for one reason or another I just couldn't get comfortable wearing a watch. Fast forward to now, after buying this Zulu strap: I wear my watch any chance I get. My arm hair doesn't get snagged in the band, the watch doesn't rotate and bang all over my wrist, I don't get sweaty and smelly under the band... etc. Also, this watch band looks DAMN cool for an outdoorsman / adventurer look (it's not really a dress-watch look). The only downside I can see is that this watch band style makes your watch fairly big such that it does not fit inside most dress shirt cuffs. Since it's not a dress-watch look, I guess that really does not matter much, does it?
on October 12, 2015
Overall, I really like this band. I suffer from "gross sweaty wrist" when wearing leather bands, and it happens pretty quickly. Even though the band is still a synthetic material, the cloth is breathable enough to allow the sweat to evaporate, letting my wrist smell no more! I also like that the band is long enough that I can tuck the extra part back around to keep the slack way out of the way; it also feel like an added part of security.

The correct way to use a 4-ring model is to treat the two loops on the end as a couple of D-rings, similar to what you might find on one of those weird belts or a furniture dolly. This allows you to put all the tension on the actual band, instead of the watch pins. I've attached a picture illustrating this, along with how I like to store the extra length.

The downside of wearing this watch correctly is that the double ring part can put a fair bit pressure on one spot of your wrist, which can get uncomfortable after a while; I'd imagine this also has to do with how much fat is covering your wrist. I've attached a picture showing the divot it can cause, though I did dramatize it a bit--I pulled my band tight and kept it like that for a bit to make sure the divot came through in the photo. As long as you don't keep it too tight, it's fine after a week or so.
review image review image
on April 29, 2014
Bought the 22mm and 20mm for my husband to use on a Seamaster and a Deepsea. He loves them and said they were very high quality straps. He's had a few before these that were a tad thin. These are robust bands with thick stainless rings and clasps. I'm going to see what other colors they have and buy a few more. Arrived in 5 days. Or also the pins they included allowed him to keep the Original ones with the original bands in his watch box so he doesn't lose them. He said that was an added bonus. All in all...very impressed and he's thrilled.
on June 14, 2015
I had previously bought a more inexpensive NATO strap and it only lasted about a year. I'm looking forward to seeing how long this one will last. This is a well made strap. I have an older Citizen Eco Drive on this and it looks sharp. I use this band and watch for work so it takes a little bang here and there, plus sweat as I work in a warehouse than isn't air conditioned. No smell from the band getting wet from water or sweat. I'm a bigger guy and the buckle sits right in the middle of the notches when it's on my wrist. For reference, if I wear a normal watch band, it usually fits about the last available notch.

Right now, I couldn't be happier with it.