Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 22mm Brushed 316L Stainless Steel Oyster Bracelet for Seiko SKX007, Solid End
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 4, 2013
I've purchased another one of these bracelets from the same seller before with no issues. However, I just recieved another one today for a different watch and more than one screw was seized to the link making it near impossible to remove. It looks like another buyer had the same issue. Had I not had two pliars to separate the screw from the link, which still marred the end making it a potential issue to even fit a flathead screwdriver in for the future, this entire bracelet would have been a waste as it would not have had enough links loaded in properly to fit my wrist. The rest of the bracelet is very solid but I would highly recommend this seller speak to the manufacturer about doing a better QA inspection for the screws.
on May 25, 2016
I like the look and quality of the bracelet. I had no problems removing the link screws as others have reported. . I must deduct one star because I had a REAL PROBLEM with the end links. I initially tried to "dry fit" them ( no spring bar installed) just to see how it was going to look, and links were too big to fit the watch. I tried lubing with some liquid soap, and still no go. I had to end up filing them down !!. The first side I did I didn't file enough and spent way too long getting it installed because it was still too tight.. The second one I took off a little more metal and it only took a minute or so to install. During this ordeal I was really aggravated partly because others I have installed from Strapcode didn't give me any problems, and I ended up breaking the tip on my good quality Bergeon springbar bar tool. Tips are replaceable. Now that I have calmed down, I know this bracelet will last and it does dress up a Seiko that had been on rubber. I do recommend it but you may need some mechanical skills to get it installed.
on November 26, 2012
I purchased my Super Oyster bracelet directly from the Strapcode website.

The fit and finish are very good, especially for the price. The links are solid and are substantial without being overbearingly heavy. The Strapcode bracelet is cheaper than its aftermarket rivals (which I have not owned, so I cannot make a first-hand comparison), but the quality is the same from what I've read - might as well save your money. You will find that the solid end links do not perfectly match the SKX case - they are raised a hair above the contours of the case lugs. This is not very noticeable or bothersome. The clasp is cheap and unsigned, so bear that in mind, too.

My only real complaint is the process of resizing the watch. The links are affixed with screw pins. A few of the screw pins were damn near seized. I had to use copious amounts of WD-40 and coaxing with a tiny jeweler's screwdriver to get them free. The process, which should typically take a few minutes, took almost an hour and was very frustrating. After removing them, I found that the pins were slightly gritty, either from dirt or, more likely, metal shavings from the machining process... who knows. I brought this to Strapcode's attention, and they gave me a discount coupon for my next purchase, so I think that's a fair resolution.

I ended up selling the watch the bracelet was attached to, but I can say that it was a good quality, affordable upgrade to the SKX. Strapcode is my recommended brand if you don't want to overspend for a ~$200 watch. I also owned two mesh bracelets from them which were of comparable quality.
on June 1, 2013
The machining could be better. I had the same issue as another reviewer with the original seiko spring bar not fitting properly but after fiddleing with it for 20 mins I got it in the hole :) If you use the spring bars they provide its much easier to install.

The curved area that makes contact with the watch was a tiny bit discolored from the grinding but is not visible when on the watch.
All of my pin screws were just loose enough so that I could easily take links out then I tightened all of them before wearing the watch.
The clasp is of the scissor type not the pressed metal like in the picture and that was a very nice surprise. Its very comfortable and looks great as well as balances the watch perfectly.

If you can deal with a few imperfections this is of good quality and should last at least as long as the watch.
on June 12, 2016
Excellent steel bracelet, I'm using it on my SKX007 and couldn't be happier just take a look at the pictures and you will see, this bracelet as other stated takes the Seiko SKX 007 from a 9 to a 10. Its very comfortable and since I put it on my watch I can't take it off my wrist.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 20, 2016
Miltat makes a real nice bracelet and value for quality is outstanding. The brushed steel is nice and the bracelet feels heavy when wearing. This is a great affordable replacement for my SKX009 rubber strap. The solid end links fit well and was easy to install with the included spring bars. All but 1 screw was perfect. It was forced so the slot head was slightly deformed. I removed that link to fit my wrist, so the deformed screw will not be an issue. I would have awarded 5 Stars, even with 1 deformed screw, but I had to remove 2 Stars because of other issues.

1 Star removed... Inside my Amazon shipping carton, the bracelet, was encased in bubble wrap, but the wrap had a cut slit and was already torn open. Strange it was torn open. Inside the bubble wrap was a camouflage pattern Miltat bag with the bracelet inside. It was loose inside the this bag. 1 Star removed due to scratched bracelet. Normally, the bracelet should come with a thin tape across all the links to keep them from folding over and rubbing on the other links. It's supposed to be there. My bracelet had some scratches due to the protective clear tape missing. Some remnants of the clear tape were on the clasp only. Weird it would be shipped to me this way. I know that I will scratch the bracelet with normal wear, so I decided to keep it as is. This was my experience.
on April 15, 2016
Good looking band. Fits EXACTLY between the lugs with no gaps or hangover. But a very tight fit.

Screw pins make re-sizing easy.

Looks pretty good on the wrist, but pulls hair occasionally. (As compared to the bracelet on my Seiko Monster 2, which honestly has no equal.)

Looks like good quality -- like all products in this line. 22mm wide all the way around.

In hindsight, I wish I'd tried the super jubilee because it looks over-the-top fantastic.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2016
I did a lot of research on various "watch nerd sites", as my wife so eloquently states, before purchasing this bracelet. As such, I can whole heartedly agree with everything I've read.
My new skx009 showed up the same evening as my first spring band tool and this bracelet. It was a friday evening as we were leaving town and although i had never changed a band on a watch before i had this new band on and perfectly sized in 15min.

The bracelet ships well protected in bubble wrap and clingy plastic. It is accompanied by 2 fat springbars designed for the skx that I did use for the switch. The fit is almost perfect where band meets lug and the brushed metal blends well with the aesthetic of the watch case. The clasp is beefy enough to quell any worries of malfunction and the overall weight of the band and watch balance nicely. Honestly, it looks OEM unless you apply the utmost scrutiny. I find it to be very comfortable in daily use and have lost no arm hairs since its acquisition.

My only nit is the same as many before me. The watch uses screw in type bars on the link system. I found them very easy to work with when fitting my bracelet, needing only a small jewelry screw driver to make the adjustments. However, as we were in a hurry I did not tighten all the screws and noticed one trying to escape during a brewery tour the day after I applied the band. Fortunately, my wife keeps a small pocket knife with her at all times in the case that she may one day have to "cut a b****". I was able to use the blade to secure and tighten the remaining screws. Under daily use they have not worked loose in the week since, but it still was worrisome enough to remove 1 star as a word of caution to others. Loctite would guarantee no future failures I think, if one were so inclined.
Overall, I am delighted in the band and the value per dollar is extremely high. I can recommend this product without hesitation but would attach a small warning, mind the screws.
on April 5, 2014
A well built bracelet that is must for anyone looking to upgrade their SKX to some higher grade steel. Love that this one tapers to 20mm instead of the usual 18, which keeps a nice chunky appearance in line with the 007/009's case style. Clasp is the best I've seen, with NO rattle. Solid endlinks and fat, shouldered spring bars are a cinch to put on and fit perfectly The screwed links are a nice touch and make size adjustment a breeze. It's a steal at this price too.
on December 18, 2012
This is a very nice watch band and is much better than the "Jubilee" band which Seiko ships with the 007K2 dive watch. The solid links are fairly large and there are fewer of them, so the band isn't particularly flexible, but is still comfortable. The links are held together with screws, like on Rolex bands. These screws are vastly superior, in my opinion, to the pins on most other bands which must be driven out to add or remove links. The clasp is a thing of beauty and is even superior to the clasp on my Tag-Heuer's stainless band. A single link for my Tag band, by the way, costs half again as much as this entire band, so this band is really a pretty good deal.
My complaints about this band are few: the end pieces did show some tool marks, which were hidden once the band was installed. The end pieces also had thin lateral "strands" of metal which were apparently left over from the machining process and had no obvious purpose. I removed them with a Dremel tool. Finally, the band was exceedingly difficult to install. I have some experience changing watch bands, but my technique must have been off for this one. I just couldn't get that last pin to drop into its hole. I finally had to resort to a brass punch and hammer. This may not have been the fault of the band, however, as the holes in the watch lugs might have been drilled incorrectly. I have no real way of knowing.
This is a fairly wide band, tapering quickly from 22mm to 20mm, and might even be considered a little "chunky" by some. The Seiko 007 is a large watch and the band doesn't look out of place at all. However, if I had to order another band, I might consider switching to the band that tapers from 22mm to 18mm. This narrower band might offer a slightly more refined and graceful, and less "chunky," look.