Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on October 6, 2011
I purchased this for a Seiko 007, to use when I wanted a more dressy look. When I ordered it, delivery time estimate was a month and a half, so I was very surprised when it showed up four days later. The band is very well made and gives a much more "expensive" look to the Seiko. Installation was straight forward, and pins are included, which is nice. I like the pins more than the ones that came with the watch. The band matches up very well with the watch, with almost no gaps. All in all, it more then met what I was looking for.

Update: After a year of hard use, I managed to break the clasp. I decided to try out a more expensive band that was very highly rated from a company on EBay. This was a mistake. The overall finish was nowhere near as nice as this band, and the ends did not match up properly with the watch despite being advertized as a perfect fit for the SKX007. I returned it, and purchased another one of these. If you're looking for an upgraded band for a SKX007, look no further.
on October 24, 2014
When I had a sapphire crystal installed on my SKX007, the jeweler who pressed the crystal and changed the bezel insert, dial and hands for me asked to see the bracelet. As he put it on he asked me how much did all the mods cost on top of the watch ($180ish for watch + $34 sapphire crystal + $10 bezel insert + $35 dial + $25 hands, so... give or take $284 + $60 for the install..., $344. You realize you paid about $350? Well, it feels like it should be $4-500 easy, and the bracelet is just about the nicest thing about the watch. Yup. Have 5 SKX divers, and 4 of them are on Strapcode Super (insert model) bracelets. For the money, you can't beat this. The Strapcode Endmill is better even, but I can't say it's $25 better than this Super Oyster. If i could only buy one, then this is the one I'd get. Heck, with a little bit of work, I made it work on an Orient Ray Orange too.
review image review image
on July 31, 2012
I purchased this to replace the original jubilee bracelet that came with a Seiko Skx007. I also own a Seiko (009), and they both come with jubilee bracelets, and I wanted a different bracelet for the skx007. This bracelet has a heafty feel, and removing the links is a snap. You will need a small screw driver to remove the links, and a push pin to adjust the band at the micro adjustment section of the band. The band fit perfectly on the watch (22mm), and matched the stainless steel perfectly. It also gives the watch a more conservative look. An added extra is that the watch and this bracelet arrived the same day in Afghanistan, so kudos to the seller(s). Im happy, and would purchase again. This bracelet also has a deployment method of attaching and detaching, which makes it extra secure. This bracelet is more expensive that the Seiko oyster bracelet, however, I read too many reviews that said that the Seiko band felt cheap, so for an extra $20 bucks, I'm happy.

01AUG12 UPDATE - After wearing the super oyster for 12 hours, I have to say that it adds a significant weight to the overall watch. With my jubilee bracelet, the watch would just disappear, however, with this bracelet, its noticed. I like the feel, and the added weight to my arm, it upgrades the entire watch experience for me.
on May 13, 2014
The Seiko SKX007 and 009 are great watches, but I wouldn't own either without this bracelet. The spring bars were a great pain in the rear to get on, but I'll assume it's because they're super strong. Resizing was no problem at all - and I removed a whopping 5 links. It requires no special tools, just a tiny flat-head screwdriver. Great bracelet.
on January 16, 2015
This bracelet really makes my Seiko SKX175 feel right. It's a very solid build, unlike the jubilee bracelet that came with the watch. I had my local jeweler put it on for $10 after I struggled to get the original off myself. He was surprised how well it fit and asked if it was built specifically for this watch -- which it was.
on January 4, 2016
Short version: use your own Seiko OEM spring bars, and be prepared to exchange this bracelet for another one if it doesn't fit right. Otherwise it's a solidly built bracelet.

I have purchased 3 of these bracelets over the past 10 months to use on my collection of SKX watches. All have had problems, and the latest one is getting returned.

All three came with spring pins whose ends are too small; the Seiko 0020 diver case (used in the SKX007/009/171/173, etc.) requires spring pins that are 1.1mm diameter on the end, but this bracelet comes with 0.9mm diameter pins. This is bad for two reasons: 1.) the end links will move around a lot and scratch the watch case, and 2.) the spring pins are much more likely to break because they are smaller and are not properly supported by a tight hole. So, plan on using the 2.5mmx1.1mm spring bars that came with your watch, or buy a replacement set. I kept the first 2 bracelets I purchased and used them with my own spring pins.

Also, manufacturing quality seems to be somewhat inconsistent from unit to unit. The first bracelet I purchased (~Feb 2015) fit perfectly to the watch. I purchased another one a couple of months later to use with another watch, and the fitment of the end links to the watch was just a little bit sloppy - there was a gap between the watch case and one end link, but it was decent enough. The third bracelet I purchased (December 2015) did not fit the watch at all. The end links did not fit close enough to the case to allow the spring pins to engage fully -- rather, one end of each spring pin would engage the holes in the watch lugs, but then the other side would be too far out of position to click in. I see now that Amazon is not currently offering an option to exchange it for another, but is instead only offering a refund. I suspect others have had this problem as well and this may have been a bad batch of bracelets.
on December 31, 2014
Purchased for the Seiko SKX007K2. The fit and finish are fantastic. This is an absolutely perfect fit for both the size and finish of the Seiko SKX line and a serious upgrade for the watches.

Compared to the Jubilee bracelet that ships with the watch there is simply no comparison. The Jubilee feels flimsy and like a toy when held in the hand with the super oyster. The links move fluidly in the hand and the clasp feels secure and is easy to lock and unlock.

Wonderful bracelet and required purchase if you own the Seiko SKX007K2
on June 2, 2014
I just bought this band for my Seiko 007 watch. The estimated date for the arrival of the band was a little off of the initial date set by Amazon, but not too bad.
This is a review of the watch band and not the shipping date, anyway, the band is great, it has a nice tight fit on the watch, the installation was straight forward and the sizing of the band was easy. the clasp on the band feels great, closes with a solid feel and has some room for adjustment there too. I did not mind the stock "Jubilee" bracelet that came on my watch, but the first time I saw the "Oyster" I knew that I needed this, I am happy that I made the switch, I am glad that I bought this band. I would not hesitate to buy this band again (but I don't think I'll ever need too as the build quality is great). For the price you can't go wrong either, just for comparison, a few years ago I broke the clasp on a Tag watch, to replace just the clasp and nothing else was over $100, this entire band was 1/2 of that. If you are reading this, buy this band, you'll agree that you made the right decision once you see and wear the band.

Additionally: With the use of a watch "spring tool" installation of this watch band is rather easy, without the tool I could see the pins being a bit difficult to install on the watch.
on January 5, 2012
I bought this band for my husband to replace the original black rubber band on his Seiko SKX007. This new band came with the pins and it fit my husband's watch perfectly. It is a nice, heavy band, and it looks great on the watch. My husband was very pleased.

When I placed the order, the estimated delivery time was over one month from the seller in Hong Kong. A couple of days later, the seller emailed the tracking information for the package and I was very pleased when it was delivered eight days from when I placed the order.
on June 19, 2015
The Super Oyster Type II bracelet is worth every penny. Do not hesitate to purchase this Oyster style stainless steel bracelet for your Seiko SKX007 or SKX009 dive watch. It is exactly as described by the seller. If you're looking to upgrade your Seiko with stainless steel Oyster bracelet, look no further than this model. All of the links are solid including the end links, heavy spring bars included, assembled with screw pins and a high quality clasp. This stainless steel bracelet is in the Omega & Rolex territory in terms of quality and is a perfect match for the Seiko dive watch case. The clasp is well made and has a double lock. This Oyster type bracket greatly improves the character of the watch. The SXK007 & SXK009 watches are good values and very much "working man's watches"; the addition of a stainless bracelet adds to the overall quality of the watch without reducing the function of the watch.
Two small points that should be considered. 1. It does not incorporate a wet suit extension. I consider that to be a plus because it simplifies the construction. 2. I found that the screw pins were not tight. That was helpful in removing the pins but I did check all of the pins with a jewelers screwdriver to ensure they were all tight. Once the bracket is properly fitted I would recommend applying a little locktite to the threads of the pins.