5.0 out of 5 stars A Variety Of Shapes For Kids To Love!
Published 23 months ago by homeschool_mama

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't get the product pictured!
Published on May 21, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Variety Of Shapes For Kids To Love!, January 31, 2013
This review is from: 24 Creative Plastic Stencils from Highlights (Office Product)
The set comes with 24 translucent stencils, about the size of a 4x6 index card. They are made of thick plastic that will stand up with a lot of use. There are a few stencils that you look at and wonder for a few seconds just what exactly it is, like the cornucopia, but fortunately these are rare. Most of the stencils are great and easily recognizable. The designs are even labeled with a description in case you have any problems figuring them out right away.

The stencils are categorized so that all the planes will fit on one card, flowers on another, etc. Here are the categories included in this set:
- Uppercase alphabet (split on 3 cards)
- Birds
- Family
- Farm Animals
- Flowers
- Houses
- Numbers (1-10 with plus, minus, multiply and division symbols)
- Spring
- Summer
- Trains
- Trucks
- Underwater (Animals)
- Whales
- Winter (split on 2 cards)

I'm very happy with the variety and quality of the stencils in this set.

Note: The box and stencil colors I received are different from those pictured. It's a yellow box with translucent green, pink, and blue colored stencils.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT stencils for kids (and grown ups!), October 26, 2010
The product I received (the one pictured in the photo) is a GREAT product. The stencils are thick plastic (as opposed to the vellum/acetate ones that are made for home decor/craft projects and sold in craft stores) and the size of very large index cards.

Each stencil sheet contains numerous images- everything from sealife to animals to decorative objects to flowers to fairy tale objects to transportation to letters to numbers. While the individual images are small (1-3 inches- definitely will not fill up a whole sheet of paper), they are detailed and very easy to trace around and transfer to paper. My five year old was THRILLED with this box and much prefers it to any of the $2-5 each stencil sheets I have purchased for her.

I highly recommend this for anyone with young children. If you need super thick stencils, try the Melissa and Doug ones made from wood. My daughter has those, too- but they are SO thick that she has a hard time getting her pencil in all the nooks crannies to accurately trace the object. I honestly think these are the best stencils out there for kids and I have looked all over town for something similar to add to my daughter's collection and can't find anything like it.

Highly, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars High Recommendation from a Former Teacher, December 21, 2011
There seem to be a lot of mixed reviews on this product, though overall customers seem very satisfied, but here's the real lowdown from a former teacher who bought this set for a grandchildren's craft box I was doing up for Christmas. Yes, this product was a teacher freebie for sending home Highlights subscription forms. But unless you can figure a way to get it free, go ahead and spend the money, because it has been the best set of stencils I ever added to my classroom. After 15 years of regular use, the box/handle and all the stencils were still going strong. And believe me, the set had been knocked around a lot over the years. Children never tire of creating pictures with the huge variety of stencil shapes in this box. I was thrilled to find it on Amazon after scouring the stores and searching online for stencils to include in the craft box I was putting together. And no craft box could be complete without stencils to trace in their artwork creations. It's small size makes it easy to store, and the handle means they can carry it along on trips or around the house. Perfect for any age elementary child. My personal box was used with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders, and all these ages would rush to get these whenever they had free time or inside recess. Don't listen to people nit picking about how close the designs are to each other on each stencil card, or the quality of the box. You will not be disappointed. Take it from someone who had and used a set like this for years. It will last far longer than it is used if you are getting it for your own children. Teachers... grab it at this price, or get it free through Highlights. Either way, you'll be glad to have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy !, July 21, 2010
I was skeptical about this product after I read the 1st customer's review. I searched the net for similar products, but found none. I checked out toysrus, target, walmart, they simply did not have stencils with fun shapes. They only had alphabet ones. I'm glad that i finally decided to buy this one. My 5 yr old draws, decorates and colors for hours. There are several shapes that she always makes me draw, now she doesn't need my help with. This is a good buy, go for it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Stencil Kit Review, January 10, 2010
I bought this stencil set for two girls ages five and three and had the opportunity to play with them once they received the gift. They were fascinated with them but needed some encouragement and direction how to use them. It comes in a nice plastic case with a handle and is easily stored and portable to take with on trips. It is also organized with primary colors and also with seasons/holidays of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, January 9, 2013
I had a terrible time finding stencils for my daughter (4 at the time) and was so happy when I came across this one. A year later, it is still one of the most used art supplies in our house. Contains everything imaginable (animals, numbers, letter, holidays, etc). The carrying case is great - easy to take when traveling.

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't get the product pictured!, May 21, 2012
I did not receive the product pictured or listed. It says "stencil Mill 24 pack stencils." What I received was a pack of stencils from Highlights magazine. It was missing 8 of the stencils and was not what I ordered. I called Amazon and they resent the item which I received today. This one had all the pieces, but was still the wrong one. I'm sending both back for refund. Don't order this because you will not received what is listed or pictured.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, December 8, 2012
This is a good buy because it comes with a lot of stencils. I am disappointed there aren't any basic shapes (circles, square, star).

3.0 out of 5 stars Designs too small., February 5, 2014
These are very nice but the designs a too small. Good for a teacher or older child but hard to manage for a 3 year old. Not what I had hoped fo

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Pricey, December 13, 2012
I found the product to be overpriced. This is a good idea, but not worth the money. The box was a different color than pictured, yellow. The stencils are thin and flimsy. Quite a few more stencils should be included for the price or the price should be significantly lower.

24 Creative Plastic Stencils from Highlights