Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 21, 2013
I mean, I get it. It's nice to stare at new tiles and stuff. However, the main game, called "247 Mahjong" by the same developer, also sits on my device. I bought that one back in March when it was the free app of the day (and I still love it and I still play it and I still appreciate it! I gave it 5 stars, after all!). That version has lots of puzzles and here's the issue I have: I'm not understanding why they don't just release themes (free and/or paid) for the original game in order to give it more value? Why do they keep repackaging the game engine over and over and over again? It just doesn't feel right when these themed versions are basically just multiple copies of the same game. That's just going to waste my storage space. It seems silly and inefficient to me.

I get that this is the free app of the day today only, but normally this is 99 cents.

I'd rather buy a theme pack for 99 cents but instead I now have to have two or more copies of the same game installed on my devices? That just doesn't make sense to me and seems to be a waste of my storage space so I deducted 1 star this time, sorry. While this may be a very good game, I just don't think that this type of marketing is reaching the level of excellence that would grant it 5 stars. I think it actually subtracts from the overall experience of playing the games from this company. Not by much, but definitely enough to knock off a star
First, I encountered no bugs in this game (Kindle HD 8.9). That is always important to get out of the way. :-)

The game plays smoothly, and has nice graphics. Tiles are easy to differentiate. You have the option to play from many tile set-ups, including the traditional basic configuration every Mahjong player knows. The summertime theme includes clouds depicting various kinds of weather, and beach images such as sand buckets and sea shells. However, the tile icons aren't really that important. The fact that this is a solid Mahjong game which you can grab as the free app of the day is what's important. :-)

The game keeps track of time on each tile configuration, so you can try to beat the clock and establish your fastest time.

Highly recommended for anyone who wants a Mahjong app on their phone or tablet.
on March 17, 2012
This is one of the most enjoyable mahjong games I have ever played. The colors and pictures on the tiles in this game are easy to see and visually recognize, hence the games go naturally faster and easier so you can realize better times and records. The app offers a good number of different board setups and is truly wonderful to play considering the cost,...FREE. Choosing this game is really a no brainer!
This app is free on the Google Play store. In the Amazon version and in the Goggle version there are In App Purchases to add in games. It costs $.99 to add in another level of 10 games and there are 4 add in levels. That is $3.96 to purchase all of the additional levels. There is a more games button that can take you to multiple locations on the internet and your children can purchase more games. Make sure to turn off your WIFI (Use the Airplane mode) or you may be paying for games you didn't want. The game played for me with the WIFI turned off but once it locked up with a message that the app had stopped responding and I had to restart the level again.

This is a typical mahjong game but it uses summer themed tiles. The tiles are ok but somewhat hard to differentiate at times. On my 8 inch tablet they are OK to identify using the mode of touching an unplayable tile to highlight the ones that you can use. There is no zoom feature and that will make the app more difficult to play on smaller screens like a smart phone. If you touch a tile that is not in free play the tiles you cannot use are shaded dark and it helps you to find the tiles that are in play. There is also a light bulb that is a hint button that turns two of the tiles a yellow tint so you can identify a match to make. I was surprised to find that a sea shell and an ice cream cone made a pair, that's weird!

As soon as you win a game you get a pop up message asking you to rate the game. You also get a popup window to try another game and it will take you to the Internet to buy a game.

Over all this is an OK game but I do not like the IPA built in. If you have a lot of mahjong games then you might not want to get this one. Since the app also locked up and I had to restart the app I will rate it at 3 stars.

Permissions:
* Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
* Full network access

This app includes Amazon InApp Billing. It contains no adware, or malware or analytics code. The app does include Milkman Game Extensions which can monitor your actions like an analytics program and send data to the developer.

The app installed 33.50MB into my device memory. I manually transferred it to my SD card and it left 18.73MB in my device memory and it moved 34.62MB onto my SD card.
on August 21, 2013
This game is fun visually and provides a challenge for kids and adults alike. I can highly recommend this app for those looking for something that makes you use your brain cells without causing too much frustration .It's perfect for relaxing on the beach.try it on your lunch hour too.
on August 29, 2012
just updated to new version. Not Good. cards are smaller and don't have a distinct edge. whole game moves on screen. takes more space on my "Fire" will not update anymore of my mahjong games!
on April 13, 2015
It's as much fun as the others except you can't progress to the other "chests" unless you get all three stars in each puzzle and you can't in the double wave. You can't get it done in under five minutes. So...they should have set it a couple of minutes more as there are twice as many matches to make. So for that I say Boo..
on July 16, 2015
(1) This has to be one of the ugliest looking mahjong games I've played. The tile pictures are unimaginative, but the worst thing is its colour scheme: they don't suggest summer at all, they remind me of pages with its component colours in wrong offsets.

(2) This game does NOT exit cleanly. It will continue to run in the background (up to 2 secs of CPU usage per minute) draining your battery.

Although this game can be played offline and cost only $0.99, there are better ones.
on August 21, 2013
I've enjoyed a number of matching games like this, and I personally enjoy this one more than most others. The graphics tickle my sense of humor - somehow it's more fun for me to match flip flops and beach balls than bamboo sticks and wind directions. I like the choices of different layouts, the ability to re-shuffle and keep going, to pause or back up, and I especially like being able to turn off sound effects that would otherwise become really annoying after several repetitions. I suppose other folks might like the ability to see best times and best scores too.
on August 24, 2013
I almost didn't buy this game because I already had the regular Mahjong by this developer. I thought it would be the same game with different pictures on the tiles. I was wrong! Although the playing of the game works the same, Summer Mahjong has new board layouts. It offers a nice variety of new games, all with a Summer theme of, course! If you like Mahjong, or if you want to learn how to play Mahjong, you will probably enjoy this version. I almost didn't buy this, but I'm glad I did!