Most helpful critical review
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
Overall, not worth the price
on January 7, 2012
I was not impressed with these bows for the price. Here are the pros and cons:
- You have to slide two pieces of ribbon up a a smaller center ribbon to make the bow. Once the bow is made, there is nothing that holds it together. As soon as you release your fingers, the bottom layers begins to unravel. I had to add a piece of tape to the bottom of each bow to keep it together.
- If you don't have everything lined up perfectly before you slide the ribbon, the bow ends up "skewed" and doesn't look right. It's a one time shot to get it right - otherwise it can't be re-done.
- The sticky tabs that come with these are small pieces of white foam. These are thick and spongy, not flat like a double-sided tape, so the bow does not sit flush and the tab is visible underneath. Also, they only include 24 - no extras provided.
- The colors are all shades of pastels -very spring-like and feminine. Perfect for a bridal shower or Easter gifts, not good if your gift recipient is a male.
- The sizes are small. Their largest bow was the size of an average bow, and there were only few of those. Most were small- like you would use on a jewelry box.
- Packaged flat in a compact-sized plastic enclosure. Makes for easy storage and a fresh-looking, uncrushed bow each time (unlike bows in a bag)
- Very pretty colors- purple, light blue, mint green, pink, yellow and coral. But again, nice for girls, not so much for boys.
- Bow has long ribbon tails, ranging approximately from 9" to 15" long. I love the look of these, and used the ribbon to tie shrinky-dink name tags to each gift. Very cool presentation and well-received.
All in all, they worked out fine. But I think these are overpriced and not a good value for only 24 bows. I would not purchase these again, unless the price was drastically reduced.