4.0 out of 5 stars Stronghold Kingdoms
I have played Stronghold Kingdoms for 2 years and 2 months now.
There's a lot of reviews for this game that isn't true "enough" to be honest.

Free-to-play / Pay-to-win / Freemium:
There's two pay-walls you have to pass to get the most out of your account. This will totally cost you roughly 10$ (or your regional equivalent).
With this you'll get 2...
Published 14 months ago by Andersen

Published 23 months ago by The Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars If you have no social life, and have plenty of money to spend, this is the game for you., September 29, 2012
First off I've played stronghold games for 10 years, so I'm no noob. I'll make it quite simple, it's a piece of trash, you pay to win and nothing more. Let me put you in perspective for you, in order to train pikemen, build a wheat farm, make a fletcher guild, and build decent stone castle. You have to spend at least 16 full hours on research and resource collecting, not actual building time mind you. The game goes 24/7 so your castle will most likely be attacked while your asleep or on vacation. You can however buy "premium tokens" which will run your castle while your off line.

Here is the actual math: If you pay 8 dollars on crowns, that will keep your castle running without you for a month, and you can get two card packs. Now lets do the math: if you play this game for 6 months and you spend 8 dollars per month, you will have payed 48 dollars. If you pay 8 dollars per month, for a year, it will be 96 dollars.

That's just for a player who wants to do okay at the game. If you don't, most of your castles will have unrest and be captured by other players. I've just covered "premium tokens", bored yet? It gets better, if you want to get ahead of the lords around you, and you don't like waiting around, and you don't have skill, this is the game for you! You can buy bonuses that include free research points and an instant research. A.K.A "cards". The single thing that ruins the game. Basically you can spend 80 dollars worth of cards, and have the the same castle, rank and soldiers as the free player who has worked on the game for 8 months. Bottom line cards are broken here is a video to show you http://youtu.be/Pmnt8nJu1o0 you can search ALL over the SK forums and find videos like this. These are free troops that you can buy with REAL life money and put in your castle. Cards make the game a terrible experience for new players.

If you want to try this game here is the absolute truth: it's very addicting, has terrible graphics, is all about politics, you will waste HOURS of your life, and you pay to win the game. And btw you will never win, they'll always be someone who buys their way to the top and kills you, even if you play non stop for 4 months. There is absolutely no skill when it comes to this game. At all.

I played this game for 6 months, And each and every minute I spent on it was a waste of life.
If you have no social life, and like people constantly trolling you, and have plenty of money to spend, this is the game for you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't play this game if you want to enjoy it with family in the same house, December 5, 2012
If your the only person in your house that likes to play game this just might be the game for you.You pretty much cannot play with someone else in the same house in the same world as you. This game was built playing with someone else in the same connection is not allowed and yes we all had premium tokens, I guess they thought we were cheating? We just wanted to play.

Honestly this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. My husband has been playing Stronghold Kingdoms for 100 something days now and I was wondering what it was about, so I started to play too. My little sisters came to visit this month and well I told them they should try it out (they are teens and we are in a military instillation in the middle of no where, they like building games like sims). So we got some starter packs, the next day we were banned for "connectivity". I feel so awful for my husband since he was really into the game. The least they could have done was WARN us and if we did whatever we were doing again then BAN us.

I'm rating this 1 star for strategy- because my husband likes the game. I would want to give it 0 stars since the game is filled was trolls. You have to have cards that you BUY to be able to beat someone else that bought cards. If you dont want to get crushed early on or get into the fun part of the game you can buy cards to catch up.

0 stars for no understanding at all with customer support when I tried to explain - I mean we spent money, it was a mistake - atleast unban my husband I don't care about the other accounts, but no - sorry you broke the rule once so you are PERMANENTLY BANNED from ever playing our the game, is all I am getting told.

0 stars for graphics - 2d graphics I think look pretty much like the first Stronghold 11 years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stronghold Kingdoms, June 21, 2013
I have played Stronghold Kingdoms for 2 years and 2 months now.
There's a lot of reviews for this game that isn't true "enough" to be honest.

Free-to-play / Pay-to-win / Freemium:
With this you'll get 2 free "premium" cards every day. Other then that, there is absolutely no need to buy anything ever again if you don't want to.

I have played this game for a very long time, and so far, if I check my account I have actually spent less then 10$ on this.
I have been Marshall (read: the leader) of my House (read: alliance) of factions for well over a year, I've been king in my country and I've only lost a few villages (either because I was offline, or I myself made a mistake that made me vulnerable).
I did all of this without paying, without being premium..

This game has the most fair free-to-play model of all these type of games.

It's facebook-esque style game, but if you loved Stronghold 1 / Crusader, you'll love this.
After playing for this long, yea.. sure.. I've grown tired of this game, but then again, so far I've clocked (guesstimate) 6400 hours into this game, and it didn't cost me more then 10$ out of my wallet.
I got hundreds of games on Steam I've played less then 2 hours, and paid more for, before I got bored of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stronghold Kingdoms isn't for everyone., January 2, 2013
I went into Stronghold Kingdoms with a fervent love of video games, but it waned as I kept playing.

There are just a bunch of games that apply the same concept for a game better than Stronghold Kingdoms could muster. If you're curious about how the game plays, think board games like Risk. This is a somewhat tactical RTS game.

Originally, I had enjoyed the game. The gaming service I use has presented me with the fact that I have sunk almost five hundred and forty six hours into it. I played the game, it seemed fun, and the people were nice. After a while, you would figure out that global chat is unsafe, spies of enemy factions could be reading what you were saying and using it against you. It got to be only slightly more drama infused than I would have hoped for with this game. Keep in mind that this game is also one with long queue times for researching and strengthening your towns. I'm a Prince rank, and it takes about 26 real-life hours for me to research helpful abilities. The game also has a steep learning curve, most of your help does not come from the Help Wiki or the in-game tutorial they recently added, most of your help will come from chatting with people in global chat or house chat.

The reason for this rating is more on the developer end than my gaming experience. I had enjoyed the game very much so, but if you ask for developer help, you are presented with people that probably should not be working with a gaming company. My interaction with thier moderators was not pleasant. Often times these people would be just as harassing as some of the players, even when you filed reports or tried to have a conversation with them. The developers also have free reign of admin controls that reset your rank and cities, and they've been known to completely erase all the work you've ever done, if you so much as attack thier towns. Some people might not take issue with this, but just ask yourself if you think it's fair that someone can fight you, but you can't fight them.

Minus developer interaction, this game alone is a much higher rating. Unfortunately, you can't escape admins or moderators.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's like a facebook game, December 24, 2012
It's basically a facebook game... Not really much more to say about it than that honestly. I wouldn't pay for it, or spend money on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Play, September 11, 2013
Although I am not a big gamer anymore, I have been playing SHK for close to a year and still enjoy the experience. It is a rather mundane game for some and quite time consuming but quite interesting and entertaining.

1.0 out of 5 stars A step above a facebook game... But same support team..., February 15, 2013
If you have played backyard monsters... well you have played stronghold kingdoms...

it is a Pay to win game... expect to spend... a lot....

Admins and support staff are rude and only care about the cash... so long as the money is flowing correctly the in game part they could care less.

game features are somewhat addicting and fun but you will always find someone who has payed more or is running multiple accounts etc... I suggest playing it and giving it a try but don't waste a single cent on the game it isn't worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game that is great for youger teens, October 2, 2013
Julie (CARTHAGE, NY, US) - See all my reviews
It was ok not what I was expecting, enjoyed the younger kids pkay it and like it, the game keeps them entertained and my money is put to use

5.0 out of 5 stars best game, September 1, 2013
i love this game i can not stop playing this game the best game this game is better than world of warcraft

1.0 out of 5 stars Extreme pay to win, admins will only help premium users., April 3, 2014
I started playing this game three years ago. On the first 2 worlds I spawned I was razed and reset by higher ranked players, one which claimed he could make up the honor due to his large collection of banquet cards.
The last world I spawned in was the USA1 world in which I actually seemed to have a decent fight. A faction of heavy carders kept our house at the top of the glory race but as soon as they left to the European world, the rest of the map rained politics cards on us and rendered our attacks useless.
If you think this game is about war strategy, YOU ARE WRONG. No cash no victory. No heavy monking no victory.
As you level up the game will require more and more attention due to the AI castles progressivly becoming stronger, so at this point either put several hours into AI defense alone or just pay for instant castle cards.
I can't stand to play this game anymore because it seems like all I've done over the past 3 years can be accomplished in 3 days if you have the money for it.

Rate and Discover Movies