Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption forum

$25 Gift Card at Toys 'R Us

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2010 5:28:32 AM PDT
J. B. says:
According to one of the ads included with today's newspaper, Toys "R" Us is offering a $25 gift card for the purchase of Red Dead Redemption on Tuesday, May 18. Would this be a price match that Amamzon would consider making?

How does one go about informing Amazon of such things. Is an E-mail sufficient?

Posted on May 16, 2010 5:58:49 AM PDT
Paul Lee says:
Just a note from Amazon Help on pricing:

Price Matching

Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

Posted on May 16, 2010 8:06:20 AM PDT
J. B. says:
I have no quarrel with what you have written, Paul. Perhaps I didn't phrase my initial query in the best manner.

Let me clarify: With the new $25 offer from Toys "R" Us, the offer being made by Amazon is no longer the lowest price in the market, nor is it equal to the lowest price that will be available for this product on release day. Regardless of how Amazon applies their pricing policy as you have quoted it above, I think that it is useful for potential purchasers of this product to know just how "competitive" the Amazon price is (or is not, as the case may be). When presented with all relevant information, consumers can then make an informed decision.

Posted on May 16, 2010 8:16:17 AM PDT
I agree with you that it isnt the lowest price but in the eyes of amazon im almost 100% sure that the golden guns will be the $5 tack on. Wether that is worth the $5 is up to you but i doubt amazon will go any lower because of this. It is really the consumers preference.

Posted on May 16, 2010 8:26:50 AM PDT
J. B. says:
I concur completely. Since I saw the ad this morning, I just thought that I'd post the information and pose the question. There are many things to consider when assessing "competitive" pricing, including special features, shipping costs, and sales tax. Amazon certainly has advantages in many of these areas, no doubt.

Posted on May 16, 2010 2:01:24 PM PDT
John CS says:
Thanks for letting us know. It does seem to be a better deal (the golden guns thing you can get later in the game anyway) but I haven't stepped foot in a toys r us in years, I buy lots of things on amazon regularly so probably money better spent here (and gift cards).

Posted on May 16, 2010 3:58:33 PM PDT
Aaron says:
Don't forget Tax, shipping, time, gas, etc.

Posted on May 16, 2010 4:43:59 PM PDT
Amazon is giving a 5$ code for music downloads with this purchase so it added up to 25 in my mind!

Posted on May 16, 2010 8:41:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 26, 2010 12:51:08 PM PDT]

Posted on May 17, 2010 6:55:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 17, 2010 6:56:22 PM PDT]

Posted on May 17, 2010 8:06:12 PM PDT
Anuj says:
Also you are getting Golden Guns pack which you won't get it when you buy from Toys'R'Us.

Posted on May 18, 2010 6:35:13 AM PDT
C.T. says:
The Toys R Us gift card is crap. You have to purchase it between 10 and 2 today and sign up for their rewards program to get it. Way more trouble than it's worth...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Red Dead Redemption forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 16, 2010
Latest post:  May 18, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (752)