Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Color Name: Light GreyChange
Price:$26.72+ $8.99 shipping

on December 2, 2010
I have been using #0 poly bubbles for a few years now and the differences between the 3 companies I have purchased from both on and off Amazon are fairly minor. I have purchased from Royal Mailers, Value Mailers and now Pro Packaging Supply. All 3 provided quality bubble mailers that I am not hesitant to use with my products. My favorite brand among the 3 is Royal Mailers. I recently had a very poor customer service experience with Royal Mailers over their terrible mailing labels which led me to try other brands. I still prefer the Royal Mailer #0 poly mailer but the others are also good choices.

The Royal Mailer #0 is the biggest of the 3 with a 6.5 X 9.5 usable interior. I like the extra room and feel that it's a little easier to stuff. My product doesn't take up the entire space and the slightly larger envelope provides it with just a little more protection. I have sent items that include CDs with them and I seem to have fewer cracked CDs with the bigger package. I have no hard evidence as I don't track all the damage and which envelope but it seems like there are fewer damaged discs when I am using the bigger package (I only buy one box at a time so there's not much overlap in the brands that I have on hand). I have had cracked CDs with all 3 though. The envelopes are not meant to be the sole protection and who knows how they are handled in transit. The Royal also seems to have a stickier glue and whether that is a good thing really depends on how often you forget to put something in after you close the bag :). You'll probably end up having to use tape to reseal the bag with the Royal as you won't be able to open it again without tearing the plastic. To me, that is a good thing. The other two can be opened again and resealed if done fairly quickly without damage though neither of the other two have weak glue. They will all seal and stay sealed.

The Value Mailer is slightly smaller at 6.5 X 9.25. One feature that the Value Mailer has that the other two don't is a tear strip tab at the top when the mailer is sealed. My products are packaged inside additional plastic bags so this is a feature for me but if you're using poly bags to to minimize water intrusion keep that in mind as the value mailer does have a tear tab at the top that could let water in a little easier. It may also be less frustrating for people to open though too. I don't think the water integrity is hurt all that much if at all but worth mentioning as it's a feature that may make a difference to some. Out of the 3 brands of mailers that I've used, this one has the flattest bubbles. They still provide protection but do seem a little less inflated than the other 2.

The Pro Packaging Supply mailer is the smallest of the 3 that I have used with an interior space of 6 X 9.25. My products fit a little snugger in this mailer than the others as it is not as wide. The bubbles in this mailer seem to be slightly fuller or thicker than the Value Mailer too. This may leave you with less room in the bag but does provide decent protection.

If I were to put them in order of my preference it would be Royal Mailer, Pro Packaging then Value Mailer however I don't think you'd go wrong with any of them. All 3 were cheaper through Amazon than at their respective sites so that is a plus for buying via Amazon too!

Update 10/20/2011: I just received a new box from Royal Mailers today and their product has changed since my original review. The adhesive is now a much weaker clear that is able to be opened without tearing the packaging. While this is good if you make a mistake and need to open and put something else in, it's not so good for the security of the contents while in transit. The package could be opened and the contents removed without obvious tampering. The interior bubbles also seem to be thinner and there's a thick seam on one side and a very thin one on the other. Overall these look much cheaper than they used to and don't appear to offer the same protection or security of their previous envelopes. I dropped my rating by 1 star based on the current batch and am going to be trying some of the other sellers again. I understand cutting costs but this put their mailers at the bottom of the list for me. I would rather have paid a little more to keep the better quality.

Update 12/27/2011: Just got a shipment from The Boxery. Shipping was via UPS ground that took about 5 days to get to me and was delivered before estimates. The quality of the envelopes is equal to what I used to get from Royal and has the red glue that once sealed, stays sealed. The envelopes are evenly cut with small seams on each side and the bubbles inside feel fuller and seem like they will offer better protection. As long as the quality stays the same, The Boxery will be the ones I order from now on. My preferences based on my most recent purchases are The Boxery, Pro Packaging, Value Mailer, Royal Mailers.
66 comments59 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
Like a couple of other people have mentioned, these are too small to be called #0. We sell DVDs and have purchased tens of thousands of bubble mailers from various manufacturers. A DVD will barely fit in these. When we ship a DVD, we include literature with a rubber band around it. It's like torture getting these in there.

And again like another reviewer said, the bubbles are very flat and there just isn't that much protection.

The adhesive is another problem. It is not evenly distributed and there are often streaks or even blank areas which has required us to use tape to make sure they stay shut.

To sum it up, they're pretty much useless. Better to spend a little more and get a quality mailer that is the correct size, cushioning and adhesive quality.
33 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2012
Some of the sellers, like Royal, offer a wider version of the #0 which is a perfect fit for DVDs, but some of the others have only the standard #0 which is useless for DVDs and a hassle for blu-rays. I learned this the hard way. For the other sellers, you need a #1 if you want to ship DVDs.

Otherwise, they're light weight and offer ample protection.
on May 25, 2014
Incredibly poor. These look NOTHING like what is pictured, the layer of bubble wrap is much thinner than previous purchases, and most importantly, the interior dimensions are a full quarter inch narrower than other #0 size poly mailers I have used. I don't know if these are factory rejects or if the manufacturer is delibrately undersizing them to cut costs. There's a reason these are so cheap.

In summary: AVOID!
on April 1, 2014
I just received my envelopes. Do NOT purchase these. HEre's why:
1) the padding is super weak and not substantial
2) in the picture (and like the ones I ordered 2 yrs ago), the seal is made with foil which is very sturdy. The ones I received is made with clear plastic and some of the envelopes have the clear plastic exposed so a bunch of the envelopes are stuck together and non-usable.
3) in the picture, you can see the little tab that recipients can pull to open the package easily. The ones I received don't have that helpful tab which makes opening these envelopes very hard and cumbersome.

Overall, the envelopes are not sturdy. I mail out lots of packages for my business and these envelopes are totally flimsy.
If I'm going to RE-ORDER , I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED TO RECEIVE THE SAME QUALITY ENVELOPES BUT CLEARLY, THIS STORE IS CUTTING CORNERS ON QUALITY. REALLY DISAPPOINTED - PLEASE LOOK FOR ANOTHER STORE TO BUY YOUR ENVELOPES.
on August 9, 2011
These bubble mailers are listed as #0, which is always a standard size of 6 X 10. When they arrived they were not the normal size #0 at all and they were much too small compared to all of the other size #0 mailers I have gotten from all other companies in the past. The true measurements of this seller's "size #0" is only 5.5 X 9 on the inside. If you need the full 6 X 10 space then these will not work as they are supposed to. Listing details are not accurate and I have told the seller to change them.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2012
These padded mailers are perfect for my needs. I've been using the paper Kraft style mailers for a while. Those were OK but I had a few people complain about them getting ripped and wet. These Poly ones are lighter while at the same time much more resistant to tearing and water. The Qty 250 really helps keep costs down. That being said these are lighter duty mailers. I do not ship fragile products so I do not need the extra thick poly and really puffy internal bubbles. But if there are any concerns I'd buy some lower Qty first to try. These folks at Pro Packing Supply might even send out a sample if you ask them. Very happy with the item and very hapy with the good packing and quick shipping from Pro Packing Supply.
review image
on January 7, 2014
If you're reading this, then you already are considering buying these. Stop looking around for a better product or a better price. This is it. I had spend hundreds at the post office buying these things for every package I needed shipped. I got these and will literally save me $1,000 over the next 3 years.
on May 20, 2014
With the thinness of these bubble mailers, I wonder if they are strong enough to provide adequate protection during shipping. I entered Amazon, my past order and clicked on reorder. These are not the same color or thickness. Color doesn't matter, but the quality being less is a concern of mine.
on February 17, 2014
I have purchased similar envelopes from other sellers, but am always disappointed with the quality. VALUEMAILERS always has great quality and very fast shipping. I would pay a little more over the other guys just to know I have Valuemailers quality and service.