5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!
Published on January 6, 2012 by Zenagin

2.0 out of 5 stars XBOX 360 250 Gig Hard drive E68 error
Published on June 19, 2012 by A. Whitson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, January 6, 2012
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I ordered this product in October 2011 to replace my 120GB MS Hard Drive and have been using it ever since. I was slightly skeptical ordering a none MS product - and one that had so few reviews at the time as well! But of the few things that were written about it by consumers, most of that was positive. For the rather substantial price savings, I had to try. Besides, Amazon has great return policies!

But have I had to return it? Heck no! I transferred all transferable data (game saves and tons of XBLA games) to the new drive from my old one and then installed around 10 XBOX 360 games onto it and still had around 83GB available. I play almost every day on my XBOX 360 and have really been putting this drive through the paces by playing lots of MW3 multiplayer and lots of Skyrim! I've also downloaded tons of game trailer videos and even an 8GB HD movie rental. This generic 250GB Hard Drive for the XBOX 360 is holding up without batting an eye! In fact, if I hadn't seen a reminder to do a review on this product, I would've forgotten that I even have it. It has been that reliable since installing it.

If you have been on the fence or are skeptical about buying a none MS product for such a serious application like I was, all I can tell you is that I am totally glad I took the plunge and got this and would do it again!

Hope this helps!

NOTE: I just realized that when I ordered this product, it was around 40 bucks lower in price. Try to wait a bit to see if the price drops if you can. Otherwise, even at this price, it is a solid product!

2.0 out of 5 stars XBOX 360 250 Gig Hard drive E68 error, June 19, 2012
A. Whitson (Diamond Bar, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Purchased this product on April 9, 2012 and today is June 19, 2012. Now when I boot my Xbox, I get an error of E 68. According to an online search, E 68 is hard drive failure. Some people indicate that they get intermittent playability but since I've moved, nothing but that error. I moved my Xbox separately from the rest of my stuff and kept it cool and dry. Unknown as to why this product has failed, but I am very angry as I've lost all my stuff now. Looks like I am driving down the mountain and buying a whole new Xbox and I will make sure I get the largest hd they sell.

I notice that no one else has had this problem and I won't tank someone's rep because of one bad apple, but I've been either building my own computers or working in the tech industry and know that a hd is supposed to last more than 3 + months, hence the 2 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Xbox hard drive, for the WIN!, November 29, 2010
J. Hancock (indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We got our hard drive and installed it on the XBOX 360 with out any issues. Since this XBOX had no saved games on it, we did not have to do a data transfer. Easy peasey. If you have had your XBOX for a while, you will likely wand to pick up the data transfer cable; Other than that, it is a tool-less install. This drive has been running in for several months now and has not had issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good hard drive if it's the one you need..., April 3, 2012
Patrick Matthews (Biggers, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Since I have an original style XBox 360, this is the correct type, so it works great. If you've got a newer design 360, don't get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generic HDD FTW!!!!, July 9, 2011
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Desperately needed a new, larger hard drive for my original Xbox 360, but did not quite have the funds for the Microsoft Brand versions. Took a gamble on the cheap generic 'made in China' version, and still working like a dream 2 weeks in! Always scary buying 3rd party peripherals, there's always a higher chance of defective or straight up broken products, but I am very pleased with this purchase!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good if you don't like Xbox games, October 20, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
As my title states, this hard drive is great. It has huge memory space, it's pretty cheap, yet one thing annoys me very much. It won't allow original Xbox games to be payed. Today i tried to play three Xbox games that ran fine with my original hard drive, but every time the game inserted, i got a message that said the game couldn't load and had to be downloaded again. I researched this and found out nothing could be wrong but the hard drive. Turns out this hard drive is defective and does not contain the updates that makes the 360 backwards compatible. This may not be as big a deal to some, but I play Xbox games almost as much as i play 360 games. I'm not sure if this is just a problem with mine, or if all these drives do this, but if you want to keep playing original Xbox games, do not buy this hard drive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, Some Breathing Room, November 18, 2011
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I was a bit skeptical about this purchase as some reviewers said this wasn't from Microsoft but it turned out fine.

I have the original Xbox 360 that came with the 20 gig hard drive. It had been driving me crazy as I had to keep deleting demos and other files to keep making space for new demos and live games. I also wanted to install all my xbox games onto the hard drive so I don't have to hear the loud noise of the DVD player as well as fast access to the game. Finally the problem has been solved with this hard drive.

It was a simple installation. I just took the old 20 gig hard drive out and put this one in. Worked immediately. I had some saved game data on my old drive but didn't want to spend money on a transfer cable so I used a friends USB stick to transfer my saved games to the new drive (I used an 8gb stick). I then installed my most played xbox games onto the new hard drive and now I can play games without hearing the buzzing and whirling of the dvd drive. I can also freely download demos and live games without worrying about space.

I should also mention that you can redownload all of your purchased xbox live games again to your new hard drive so you can skip the transfer cable if you don't mind taking the time to search and download them again. (Just remember to write down the games you purchased from your old drive)

I highly recommend this drive if you need more space for your 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars 250G HDD Hard Disk Drive For Microsoft Xbox 360, August 3, 2011
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
i got the hard drive and installed it on the XBOX 360 with out any issues.
and all the saved game data i had i just used a flash drive and a Xbox memory card to transfer. it works grate love it. i have installed about 8# games on it and still have room. before i got the 250gb HDD. i had a 20gb holy cow way to small for playing and installing games and and downloading map packs. cod/halo this thing rocks

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME !!!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
From 20GB to 250GB now i able to download what i want without any looking to the free space left and all my original games installed , arcade , movies , music , apps .... And still 160GB free ,, and the price compare to the original one so great without any differences ^__^

1.0 out of 5 stars 250G Hard Drive 3rd party, April 22, 2013
This review is from: 250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Plugged Hard Drive into XBOX, did not recognized it. Tried several times, nothing. Bought a 250G Hard Drive made by MicroSoft, plugged it in Xbox saw it right away. No issues. Returned 3rd party Hard Drive.

250G Hard Disk Drive for Microsoft Xbox 360