Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 250GB Hard Disk Drive for Xbox 360
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2015
I've had it for about 2 years now. It's still holding on strong. There is sooo much space. I have a slew of games saved to the hard drive. You get a ton of free games, two each month, through Xbox Live. Sign up... Seriously.

I have no complaints about this. If you're on the fence, get it. Trust me, it'll all be worth it in the end.
on January 7, 2013
It's difficult to write reviews on a product that isn't expected to be anything except functional, but I will try. This was a cheap 250 GB harddrive. I had trouble with the 320 HD that I bought before. It came in the same packaging and is not brand new. I imagine they retrofit a harddrive into an old case as this one looked a bit used. Regardless, after transferring data, it worked perfectly and I havn't had anything issues since. Much cheaper than the official new 250 GB harddrive. It came in the nasty old gray, but I could care less that it doesn't match my Elite perfectly. I can always switch the case.

Exactly what I wanted to buy.
on October 23, 2013
It does what it is supposed to do, store data and that's great. But it's not a microsoft HDD so that of course had me skeptical. Though there are a couple downs to this.
1) It's a bitch to put on and take off.
2) My avatar will not show. I will be investigating this at a later time, but for now I am assuming it is the fault of everything.
3) I was playing a game that saves through an autosave feature. Whenever I begin this game it always asks me where I want to store save game data. And it always starts me off where I last left off. I investigated further and found that the date on my console was wrong and that it seemed like it was repeating the same day over and over when it saves. I have corrected the information and have yet to play it again
on April 13, 2015
At first I REALLY didn't trust this product, it wasn't a legitimate 360 HDD and from what I heard were prone to failure but I bought it via the Amazon Warehouse, Amazon's service where they allow you to get the same product cheaper because of some damage with the box or something that forced them to open the product, so if it did crash on me I would just need to contact Amazon for my refund.

But I never did, its been about a month using the HDD and it turns out this thing has actually been pretty reliable. I transfered my stuff with ease, my 360 got a speed improvement from the extra space, I've been able to download XBL games and DLC without problems and I haven't had a single hardware issue yet. mind you its STILL a 3rd party so I will be keeping my suspicions about it for the next year but overall, a solid product so far.

My only compliant is that it was too tight to fit into my 360 and now it won't latch off without force, that concerns me that I could break it without knowing while just trying to clean my 360. but I have no need to latch it off for now and I will let my repair person handle it if I do need to take it in.
on June 15, 2013
I was skeptical when buying this, thinking it wouldn't be compatible or the part would failed within a short period of time. A hard drive itself was suspicious, with little label. But after 2 months, it's been fantastic and if this keeps up, one of my best purchases on Amazon ever.
on June 13, 2012
The drive is generic, I won't deny that but for the price I didn't expect anything Official Microsoft. However, the price sure beats anything Microsoft is selling. I upgraded from a 20GB drive to this 250GB and had no problems what so ever. It works as intended and I see no quality issues.

And for those saying the hard drive is not truly 250GB. You must realize that it will only show in the 230ish territory because there are system file that are loaded on the drive that the Xbox needs for operation. Also, you do not need to use the Microsoft transfer kit or cable to move your content over. Just use a USB flash drive.
on September 20, 2011
I've been through one of these "generic" HDDs. At first it seemed to work just fine. All I had to do was install it, attach the old HDD to the transfer cable, and Viola! That is until the drive failed about 6 weeks later. I turned the console on, and the HDD appeared as "unformatted"
On the second attempt (after hacking the drive again, I encountered the same problem right from the get go. I Installed the drive, began the data transfer. Immediately after the system reboot, it appeared as "unformatted". Unfortunately for me, this time I lost everything.

This site -> [...]
goes through the process that this HDD probably uses to make it compatible with the older xbox's.

Based on my experience with theses HDDs, I can not recommend them as a stable piece of hardware. Live and learn, I've had good experiences with lots of 3rd party hardware, unfortunately this is not one of those times.
on October 27, 2011
I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Shipping was super fast! I also ordered a "official" Microsoft transfer cable followed the instructions and in about 20 min. I had a whopping 220GB of space available. I proceeded to install 9 games and download a few things that wouldn't transfer. I've had it for a few weeks now and no issues what so ever. Highly recommended! I should note that this HDD is not for the newer slim models but for the original xbox 360.
on March 20, 2013
Anything is good from these guys! I'm so happy I didn't listen to the bad reviews. We don't have any original games so if that is a problem I wouldn't know. Jacobs parts is such a nice company to deal with. I actually ordered the wrong one and they handled everything fast and easy for me. I love he product and love the company
on October 20, 2013
Good product and price. We were disappointed that X=box doesn't make it clear that you need a separate hard drive to make the machine work. There isn't enough memory in the machine itself to be any good.