Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 5, 2011
These LEDs work wonderfully! I give them 4 stars for the following reasons:

Pros:
Bright, "white" color (far brighter than standard bulbs) - Looks like daylight in the car
Excellent price
Lights, when tested, use far less draw (wattage) than factory bulbs
PERFECT for dome/courtesy light replacement! You want a light you can actually read a map with? Go LED
(Not recommended) Left dome/courtesy lights on over night and car started perfectly in the morning. Go LED!

Cons:
Do not fit all "factory" applications (lamp diameter is larger than some bulb housing "holes")
LED's seem to "stay on" though VERY dimly (and with no noticeable power draw...won't kill your battery)
Only really work in clear-lense applications. All other applications (red or amber side markers) gave little difference in light, and the light was generally dimmer than factory on my application (2007 Mustang)...and of course, if you intend to use ANY LED replacement bulb for a flasher/blinker application you will need to install a load resistor. If not, you will likely receive one of the following problems: 1) hyper-flash (flashes EXTREMELY fast) 2) No flash at all (especially newer vehicles) 3) "Lamp Out" indicator on dash (especially in newer vehicles).

I will provide video at a later date.
review image review image
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2012
These things are great! I can't stand the yellow lighting that comes from incandescent bulbs. I was super happy when I saw these available. I did my research and decided to go with these 5-SMD LED bulbs. Let me say, these bulbs are awesome. I love the super bright white light that comes from them. They also have a good all around dispersion of light and does not look like a spot light like some others thanks to the 4 SMD's throwing light to the sides.

Please note that these are a good bit wider at the top than 194 or 168 bulbs, so if you have a small opening you might not be able to fit these. Also, these are too long to fit comfortably inside the license plate lights on GM full size trucks (99-07). They end up hitting the lens and bend a bit (they 'technically' can work but I didn't like how they fit). For that I used the flat 4 SMD LED bulbs that you can find on here and they work perfectly and aren't too bright for that application like these are. All the main lighting bulbs can be replaced with these except the dome light, it is a 42mm 211-2 festoon bulb which you can find led replacements for on here.

Install notes for those with GMC or Chevy 99-07 trucks: I ended up changing every bulb I could to these LED's. There are 2 wheel well bulbs, two in the doors and I even changed the one in the glove box as well as the two reading lights. Install was super easy for the wheel well ones, just sockets under the dash, so you don't have to remove anything. To replace the ones in the door, take a flat head screw driver and pry up on the lens on the red side to pop it out. These bulbs where a bit bigger than the opening so I had to carefully pop it in all the way with just the bottom connector itself outside the hole. The glove box was actually the most difficult as it didn't seem to want to pop out. It took quite a bit of patience but eventually was able to pop it out. To replace the reading lights, use a flat head and pop off the lens. Then pop out the reflector then the light. To install these since they are wider place the reflector back in and then connect the bulb over the reflector. It is JUST short enough to fit. I also replaced the side turn signal marker (not the main one, the one on the far side of the lens). Pop out the lights and replace.

A bit annoying is the fact that the bulbs I received were NOT AGT branded. They were from a seller fulfilled by Amazon. I think Speed Shop sells the AGT branded ones, packaged 2 to a pack with an AGT sticker on the package. The ones I got were packaged all together in a single anti-static bag with no branding. However, they seem of decent enough quality, were super bright and all worked perfectly to where it wasn't worth returning them. I doubt there is too much of a difference between the two, at least I hope.

These are DEFINITELY brighter than normal 194 or 168 bulbs. I ended up using 9 out of the 10 and am happy to say that they ALL work perfectly. This is a great 'mod' for those that light pure white light and it looks really good at night. Overall I am very happy with my purchase as well as the very decent price they are selling for.
on March 23, 2012
I can't speak for everyone since every car's socket for 194/168 bulbs is going to be different, but these bulbs didn't fit very well in my 2007 Honda S2000. I would have to plug the bulb in and wiggle it around a little to get the LED's to come on. Once they came on, they were fantastic. They are much brighter than the factory bulbs. Unfortunately, this is an automobile application, and if the bulbs go in and out from a little vibration, it poses a real problem.
on April 12, 2012
These are nice LED's and they got here fast. Easy install, they fit nice and snug, seems like a quality product. I deducted one star because I wish they were just a tad brighter. Overall, I thought they were a good value for the money but a few extra lumens would earn them 5 stars with me. One more note, polarity is important with LED's. Unlike the incandescent bulbs being replaced, if they don't work the first time you insert them, flip them around. Hope this helps a future buyer...
on August 15, 2013
I was subject to the china switch also. AGT states that their bulbs come 2 in a bag with AGT label attached. The bulbs I received were all in one bag with no manufacturer identification. Amazon should ban companies that deceive customers. Amazon sent me a return label to send them back but I think Amazon should make YupbizAuto honor what they advertise. All in all this transaction was nothing more than a waste of my time. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH YupbizAuto!!!
on October 17, 2011
Replaced several of the lights in a trailer I own for power savings. They fit the socket well (once you bend out the legs a hair), and provide about the same amount of light as conventional bulbs. The light is a whiter/bluer color, vs the yellow color from standard bulbs. But these generate no heat, use far less energy, and provide more than enough light to see.

I did leave one set of the old bulbs in over the bed for a reading light. I'm not sure these would be good for that purpose. But for just generic lighting, very nice and well worth the price.
on August 7, 2013
AGT 10x 194 168 2825 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb
Sold by YupbizAuto

1. Came in 10 LED in one bag and very generic label without AGT original sticker and no Country of Origin. LED has no marking at all.
2. Without damaging LED but I could remove the plastic shell and didn't see "Current Regulator Diode" item 2 shown in AGT picture.
3. Is brighter but the "Color Temp" cause problem in red fixture. Red lens look orange when these LEDs are used.
4. 5 LED setup won't work well in allot of fixture.
Some will block output of 1 or more LEDs, Light output is not even so you get hot/cold areas of light, and other issues.

How long will the LEDs last? Don't known. I've tried to find 1 use that these LEDs work. I've reinstalled normal bulbs and LEDs are in a drawer.
on October 4, 2013
I bought this LED pack specifically because of the AGT brand. What arrived are generic LED's in a single pack NOT the 2 per AGT bag (see photo). Yes, sure the bulbs work and they do what I wanted and they are as technically described (10x 194 168 2825 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb), but they aren't AGT...

"10 x Wedge Type Bulbs by AGT packaged 2 per plastic bag (AGT Brand LED bulbs are known for using superior SMD bulbs that perform and last 2x longer than competitor LED bulbs) Be aware of sellers selling NON-AGT brand bulbs. There are cheaper modules on the market they may substitute. AGT bulbs never ship from China."

Hmmm - SURE!

Note that you will find these are not a tight fit in the holder like the original incandescent bulb and you need to try various bulbs until you get a reasonable fit. Time will tell how long these cheap presumably Chinese bulbs last.

Unfortunately, Amazon seems to be using more and more untrustworthy sources.
review image review image review image
on April 21, 2013
I installed these for my map lights, dome light, trunk light, rear license plate lights, and front lighting strip under the headlights. Excellent quality. Slight blue tinge but I don't mind it at all. AGT is a high quality LED bulb. I would definitely buy AGT again.
on March 9, 2012
After deciding I wanted the LED look for my 07 Acura TL I got to shopping. I found one site that had 2 of these lights for $12. Then another that had 4 for $16. I needed 8 (2 front dome, 2 rear dome, 2 vanity, 2 door) so I figured it was going to be costly. Then I found these, 10 lights for $12 are you kidding me?

Product came 6 days before the estimated delivery date, all 10 were there and none broken, cracked, or damaged in any visible way. I have tested all 10 of them and they all work (fyi, they are +/- so if you tried a light and it wasn't on, try putting it in the other way). I only needed 10 so I have 2 backups (which also work).

As for the product I couldn't have been happier with a $12 dollar purchase! The light is a bright white, with a very light blue tint. The stock lights look like a grungy yellow compared to them, like a basement in a horror movie. My car both looks better, and has better functionality. My fiancé can actually use the vanity mirror at night (before the switch it was too dim for any functionality).

I have not noticed any "shoddy construction" that some reviews have posted. Then again, with everything you get some bad apples in a bunch, but mine were all perfect.

Overall I am very pleased with this purchase, both with the lights and the seller. After planning on spending close to $60 for what I need then finding the same product for $12, how could you go wrong?

I fully recommend this to anyone anyone looking to clean up the lights inside their car. Looks amazing for such little work/money!