5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it should be. Awesome baby!
Absolutely love this game. I am not sure what people are talking about the graphics being bad or dated. The graphics are outstanding with all details set to max. The key is to turn off post processing in the graphics options and voila the game looks much better without the "out of focus" depth of field look. It also improves the framerate considerably as well. I do not...
Published on June 16, 2011 by Liqmaticus

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT the Duke Nukem I grew up with.
To quote Duke Nukem from this actual game... "FAIL TO THE KING, BABY"

Now I could nit pick about how bad this is... But I think other reviewers will get that just fine as I am not the only one that has been MAJORLY disappointed by this game. SO this will be MY personal single player experience with this... Turd of a game.

Some of the Duke Nukem humor...
Published on June 14, 2011 by Axle F.

‹ Previous | 117 18 1924 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Duke Nukem Forever ....., November 25, 2011
This review is from: Duke Nukem Forever [Download] (Software Download)
Fun game lots of first person shooting. Lots of Dukes raunchy quips. Tried the game on the Ps3 first wan't as much fun for me as on the pc. Playing on the computer seems to draw you in the game a bit more .... Anyway really fun game for the money!! Whoop Whoop !

3.0 out of 5 stars What can you say except close your ears!, August 15, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The game has some pretty good complex graphics at times and some of the fights with the monsters and the puzzles can be challenging. It is lewd and profane at times which wasn't necessary. This game will have all the prepubescent pervs giving each other high fives in the dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Duke Nukem Forever, August 5, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I had some trouble getting it going, since I needed to use a duo-core processor, so once i got that, then steam support and 2k support, helped me through my problems. Its been enjoyable to play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Duke Nukem is back and still fun to play., August 5, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game is just simple fun with Dukes attitude thrown in.
It is not meant to be anything more or less.
Everyone who tears it to shreds just doesnt get it, it's Duke Nukem.
Is it worth $59.99 no, so buy it at Amazon when it goes down a bit
and you will enjoy it even more.I got it for 35 here and it was worth every penny at that price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot get past initial scene, September 15, 2011
Dave Westaway Jr. (North Hollywood, CA USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Since I like Duke Nukem 3D I wanted to actually play this game. After spending an hour installing and signing up for steam, I got into the game. Except it's not a game, I never found how to get to where I can shoot. Biggest waste of $30, buy 3 margaritas instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Duke Nukem Fan!!!, July 24, 2011
Amazon Customer (Humble TX, United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What else would you want in a game:

1. Violence
2. Gore
3. Sex
4. Adult Language
5. Shooting
6. Strippers

Hail to the King Baby!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, Game Requires Steam. Do Not Buy!, July 20, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I waited over a decade for this game and I followed its progress from the days when I played Quake 2 on a dial-up modem. Now it has finally been released! The problem? DNF requires me to "tie" it to an e-mail address and prevents me from exercising my right to resell it if I think it doesn't live up to the wild promises that 3D Realms had made all those years.

Not only that, but what happens if the developers of Steam decide to close down in a few years? The game will be useless unless they patch it, which we have no guarantee of.

Also, there is no level editor or software development kit for the game. You see, back when PC games were worth buying, we got editing tools that allowed us to create custom levels and extend a game virtually infinitely. People still make DooM levels for example. Even Duke Nukem 3D came with plenty of editing tools on the disk.

If you simply must play this game, I recommend a console version. Then your game won't be tied to some online authentication system that will close down one day, probably making said game useless. You will also be able to trade the game in if you end up not liking it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 20, 2014
ok

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out. STEAM required, June 22, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
What a waste. If I knew this was powered by STEAM I never would have bought it. I have had nothing but trouble from them. Unfortunately you don't have a CHOICE. They need to let you install this without Steam.

1.0 out of 5 stars A sad end to a great game series, June 20, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I played the original Duke Nukem games and they were great for their day, some great one liners and some great game play.

Sadly both the humor and the great game play are missing from this incarnation of Duke Nukem, the AI is pathetic, the controls are clunky, the attempts at humor come off very poorly and are anything but funny. The graphics, even set all the way up to max on everything are of mediocre quality and utterly unimpressive by today's standards. The level designs come off as slap dash, as if the object was to get the game out and get money out of people on the basis of "we know the fans will buy it no matter what"

And it took 12 years to produces this pathetic excuse of a game.

Fortunately it was given to me as a gift and did not cost me anything, I would have felt ripped off if I had paid 5 bucks for it in the bargain bin.

‹ Previous | 117 18 1924 | Next ›