From the Manufacturer
The Darkness II is the sequel to the critically acclaimed 2007 release The Darkness. Inspired by the popular comic book series produced by Top Cow Productions, Inc., The Darkness II is an intense first person shooter that delivers a twisted and gripping narrative of tragedy, modern crime drama, and supernatural horror. Players will be taken down the brutal and personal path of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. The Darkness II stands out visually with its distinctive graphic noir style, and it is the only first person shooter to feature Quad-Wielding : the ability to simultaneously utilize four different weapons. It's been two years since Jackie Estacado used the Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend's murder. He's been unable to shake the memory of Jenny's death since bottling up his supernatural power and now the Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack on Jackie's life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war and opens the door for the Darkness to reemerge. The botched attempt sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of the Darkness itself.
- Quad-Wielding Chaos Redefines the FPS Genre: slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons for an all-out assault on multiple assailants.
- Harness Unstoppable Darkness Powers: Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of the Darkness for even more explosive gameplay. Talent Shrines also offer upgrades, from collected essence, for weapons and Darkness Powers.
- Distinctive Graphic-Noir Art Style: Hand-painted textures, shading and color give a rich and unique visual style that pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life.
- Kill the Lights: The vicious powers of the Darkness manifest only in shadows, so use the environment as an advantage and strategize against enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- Intense and Personal Journey: Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
| ||Minimum Specifications: ||Recommended Specifications: |
|OS: ||Win 7, Vista and XP |
|Processor: ||Intel Core 2 @ 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ ||2.4 GHz Quad Core processor |
|RAM: ||1.5 GB ||2 GB |
|Hard Drive: ||8 GB |
|Video Card: ||NVIDIA GeForce 8600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600 ||NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX |
|Additional Info: ||Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable |
© 2008-2011 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K, 2K Games, and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Darkness is © 2011 Top Cow Productions, Inc. “The Darkness,” The Darkness logos, and the likeness of all featured characters are registered trademarks of Top Cow Productions, Inc. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. Uses Bink Video Technology. Copyright © 1997-2011 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions hereof © 2002-2011 by NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, PhysX and the PhysX by NVIDIA logo, and The Way It’s Meant to Be Played are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and /or other countries. This software product includes Autodesk® Beast® middleware. © 2011, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk and Beast are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Alienware and the Alienware logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of Alienware Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, or entities in the game’s historical setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
Steam account required for activation
"Product only available for US distribution. Quantity limits may apply."