Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$29.99

on January 29, 2013
NBA 2k13 is the best basketball game out for PC! It's nice to see that some sports games are still available on PC! I always play with an Xbox 360 controller, and I can confirm that this game maps the Xbox controls over perfectly! The graphics look great and flow smoothly on my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz processor and Radeon HD 7770 graphics card.

My only problem with the game is that the artificial intelligence always seems to make a comeback. Maybe I need to step my game up, but I don't believe it should be as hard as it is to hold out with a lead!

I purchased this for about $15.00 a few months ago, and it has definitely been worth it!
on December 17, 2014
Good game if you just wanna play some basketball and not spend $50. Only issue I really have is with controlling the players, they be making some extra moves on their own some time and it gets annoying. Graphics are great though.
on March 18, 2013
I bought this before I knew that 2k had gutted the PC port. I stumbled across Chris Smoove's youtube videos and wanted to try it out myself. I should've done research before I bought this game and I feel sorry for anyone who got suckered into buying a worse product. This was my first sports game purchase in many years so I wrongly assumed they would treat versions on different platforms the same. I don't think I'm going to buy any PC games from 2k again any time soon.

Don't buy this for PC, it's missing all of these features:

Game Modes
MyTEAM
Preorder All Star Weekend (dunk contest, 3pt contest)

Game Features
MyCloset for MyPLAYER
VC Currency System (the game uses the console's "offline" skill point system for MyCAREER)
Unlockable Blacktop Stars (on consoles they can be purchased with VC; not in PC version)

Online
Playing Against Specific Opponents (including friends)
3-on-3 Blacktop with MyPLAYERs

Graphics
Self-Shadowing on Players
Advanced Stadium Lighting (colored lights in crowd)

Source: [nba-live website]
on April 27, 2013
I have spent hours and hours and hours playing this game. It has great game play with a lot of add ons. Want to add a new draft class. Just go online and download it and you have upgraded the game with the new players. I LOVE this. I use a basic playstation style game pad and have no trouble with anything. If you enjoy basketball games a little or a lot this game will work for you. Letting you adjust the game to make it more in depth or easier depending on how much you are into it. Love the game. Great job!
on March 29, 2013
I have followed the NBA2K series for quite a while, and when I got 2k13 for the PS3 and have enjoyed the updates. I bought the software for the PC since I upgraded my system, plus the PS3 is in the living room and is used by others in the household. Anyway, it was disappointing to see that the my team option is missing, and the virtual coin used in the PS3 isn't in the PC version. Also, even though accounts are done online, the ones created in PS3 is not portable to the PC.
on June 16, 2014
I had a hard time maneuvering this game. The sound did not work and I have a new computer with Windows 8. I do not have the patience to work it out. This may be a good game but I am not willing to find out.
on November 19, 2012
I love the NBA 2k franchise and this is another good installment in the franchise. Several of the controls are tighter and more realistic. However I enjoy playing the My Player mode were you create your own player and try to build a hall of fame career. And your teammates are utterly horrible. They don't often rotate to help on defense and if they do and create a miss the CPU offensive rebounds more often than not. Even when my teammates have smaller players boxed out somehow they still can't come up with a rebound and that often leads to second chance points. It's highly frustrating to play a 22 seconds of defense only to have your guy shoot a J miss it and than they get the rebound and put it up for an easy lay up. Seems like that shouldn't happen as much as it does. However I keep playing so maybe its my fault.
on April 27, 2013
It's a shame gameplay wasn't considered as important as Jay Z (perhaps I'm not in the target audience; I turned the music off after an hour), because this game takes backward steps in several areas.

In particular, the ever-popular My Player mode has poorly-considered and useless changes, such as:
- Tedious, unskippable press conferences.
- Hilariously bad pre-game "pep talks" (thankfully skippable).
- The removal of set goals at the start of the game to earn points (dynamic goals appear, but are often ludicrously unachievable especially when you only play limited minutes or when they bear no relation to your player's role).
- The coach now provides "feedback", which can include telling you repeatedly that he'll take you off at the next break without doing so.
- Broken player minutes with some quarter time settings, resulting in your rookie spending the whole second half on the court, with literally no stamina for much of it.
- In-game recaps of your performance which are nonsensical - a 6-point, 15-assist game results in commentators talking about you being a machine at the free-throw line , while your totally unremarkable game has them praising you as a dominant force.
- Weaker rewards for training, which makes it even more tedious.
- A lack of pre-set dunking animations, meaning that if you don't manually set dunking animations for your player, you can't dunk (baffling countless players who couldn't work out why their player refused to dunk)

There are plenty of problems in general, including:
- Features are inexplicably missing from the PC version, including game modes, graphical features, custom soundtracks and a currency system. There is no apparent reason for this. Amusingly, you can earn some of the currency which isn't implemented in the game.
- GM trading AI is broken. Cleveland signing Chris Paul and giving Paul and Irving 22 minutes a game each is ridiculous - even more so when my player was getting 8 assists a game from small forward. It got worse in the third season when they signed Ginobili and reduced Irving to 15 minutes a game for a few years
- Some of the new animations of players gliding to the hoop look awfully scripted.
- The Hoopcast mode inexplicably now only shows three players instead of the five on the court, making it extremely inconvenient to track your players' performance and stamina.
- Historical teams are already unlocked, removing the enjoyable challenge of playing historical games to unlock them.
- Watching Michael Jordan (or any graceful star) lose the ball during a spin due to the slightest touch with an opponent is rather depressing.

Despite all this, it's not a bad game. The presentation is outstanding (aside from the music, but that's a matter of taste), with engaging commentary (though it loses a bit after the first season when the individualised comments dry up) and solid graphics. The new dribble control works reasonably well once you adjust. Gameplay is generally good, and a few of the more annoying AI issues have been fixed.

However, there's more negatives than positives if you already have its predecessor.
on December 12, 2012
The game is really good, but the producers screwed PC users in MyCareer. PC version doesn't let you upgrade your player via closets, clothes, etc like the console versions. It's really terrible they won't even patch it in to the PC version.
on November 5, 2012
I get confused with the new controls sometimes, but once I get used to the ISO stick it will be great. A lot of collisions, some which causes players not to be able to shoot. The input time of actions can be a bit laggy at times.

Overall it is an improvement from last year. Just wish they had some competition to push the development further.