Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 19, 2014
I work in cyber-security so I'm a bit anal about protecting my computers, e.g. all of my computers at home are hard-wired - the wireless on my router is turned off. I wanted a simple way to disconnect a computer from the Internet and this does it well - connect your computer to the A port and don't connect a computer to the B port, so when you select the B connection your computer is not seeing a network.

4 starts because this is way larger than it needs to be.
on July 18, 2016
Has trouble switching between internet (network) and LAN device, the internet switches solid but the LAN is not reliable.
I don't know if it's the switch's fault. It doesn't make a difference when either is A or B.
Curious.
[My review is of the device only.]
on January 17, 2015
Found that I could use it with my landline phone as an on/off switch to prevent ringing while my wife is sleeping [of course I could just unplug the primary answering machine but this is easier& quicker by just turning the knob].
on January 13, 2010
I bought one of these 5 years ago to disconnect myself from the cable modem when I wasn't surfing (I have a cable phone service so it is always is on). I have never had one problem with it. I was looking for another today because I now have a wireless network with my wife's laptop and a printer on it. So now we have to leave the wireless router on for my wife to print her many photographs. I still like taking my system off our network while she surfs but now I also want to separate the router from the Internet so she isn't exposed while just using our network printer. So I am getting another one. This unit has little suction cup feet and stays where you put it. This is a good quality item and is well made. You may say I'm paranoid, but when I throw my switches no one can get into our system(At least online). Just a note it takes about 30 seconds or less when I reconnect to the router to get back on the net.
on February 12, 2015
A great device to keep my computer off the Internet when using it for other functions. Be aware that when you turn it back on, it will take 3-5 minutes for your computer to find the network once again.
on February 22, 2013
This switch is a little pricey, but it does what is supposed to do, at least so far (one month of use). I could not find the following information in the description, and it might be of value to some customers: All of the wires coming from the connector are switched by a rotary switch.
on August 30, 2015
A very solid performer so far. I purchased this to be able to switch between a PS4 and an Xbox One. No performance issues whatsoever in terms of download or upload speeds. (These speeds were the same prior to the installation of this unit when I was switching cables manually back and forth.) The box is sturdy. Outer casing is metal. I received mine in black, not beige. (Black was the preferred color, anyway.)
on April 10, 2014
Personally, I was a bit skeptical about this device. I seen others that just felt cheap; however, this unit is well made and works very smooth.

So if your looking for an A B switch to manually connect to a alternate network, this product is a very good solution. It beats switching RJ45 cables.
on October 11, 2012
The device I received is black instead of beige and came with a one year warranty. Also, it has rubber feet instead of suction cups as the other reviewer mentioned.
on March 29, 2015
now I have 3 of them for each computer- I like being able to shut off Internet access with a switch. Who knows what hackers can access when 24/7 access? Works flawlessly, clean, easy set up.