5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compression shorts
Published 18 months ago by Stephen M. Charme

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the SKINS A400
Published 15 months ago by Michael Balensiefer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compression shorts, May 29, 2013
This review is from: 2XU Men's Compression Shorts (Electronics)
I am a serious runner. In the colder months I run with compression tights, but in the warmer weather I turned to leg compressors (I used Zensah) and was looking for a good pair of compression shorts. At first I tried to get away cheap by buying the Nike Pro Combat, but they were too short and also felt simply like a tight pair of underwear, so I returned them to REI. Then I saw these on sale at EMS for $64 and decided to try them. I absolutely love these. Here is why.

1. Yes, these are very expensive, but as other reviews note, they look great (no need to wear them under your regular running shorts) and fit great.

Note: I have a 34 inch waist but ordered a Large because I know from past experience that compression gear is tight in the waist. The Large fits perfectly.

2. These work great. Unlike less expensive products, these go down to a few inches above the knee and support all the muscle groups. I did a 6 mile run and was amazed not to feel the fatigue that I sometimes experience in those muscle groups. These also enabled me to run faster than normal.

3. These are well made and the material is very comfortable to wear. I barely knew I had them on while running. They absolutely do not restrict movement. They also breathe very well--I was not dripping wet despite running under humid conditions.

4. These stay perfectly in place during vigorous running and don't ride up.

Bottom line: If you are looking for well made compression shorts that will let you get the most out of your running, this product is it.

Update June 2, 2013: Just bought a second pair on sale on Amazon for $56.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow really nice, March 13, 2014
By the manufacture measurements I should have bought a medium, but based on other reviews I got a large and it fits perfect. I'm 5'11" 200 pounds, 32" waist and 10% body fat for other's reference. So nice are these that I've bought other 2XU products now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great feel and fit, January 4, 2013
I am 5'11' 190 and have a smallish waist 32" but large butt and legs (aka I usually have to buy 38 or 40 to fit my butt/legs). These fit like a charm. Now I hope they last and do not stretch as others have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect compression shorts, August 26, 2013
I have had a few sets of compression shorts and this one is the only one that has held up its compression throughout the exercise. The only complaint that I have is that I wish the compression short was about 1/4 inch shorter, for it just about touches my knee.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of Skins A400 vs 2XU Compression shorts, January 20, 2014
Bought both the A400 and 2XU shorts, size medium. I'm 6-0 and 180 lbs, which puts me right in the middle of the Medium sizing chart for dudes on both shorts.

Overall, both are very good, 4 stars. The Skins have a bit more compression. It's noticeable to me, but it's really only a bit. The Skins do not have a drawstring on the waist, instead opting for a wider waistband and snug elastic. This tends to give me red marks on my hip bones after just 30 minutes. No, I do not have pointy hips for a guy, they're normal. The 2XU waist is much more comfortable for longer runs or sports activity, with no elastic but rather the standard drawstring.

The Skins has an oversized key pocket on the middle-back of the shorts, vs. the standard small key pocket on the front (like the 2XU has). Nice idea, but I find it hard to get stuff into and out of. That may just be me.

Overall, I like both shorts and will be keeping both. If you're looking for general use compression shorts, and not hard core competition shorts, then either the Skins A400 or the 2XU will serve you well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am glad I bought one, May 5, 2013
Definitely, it makes a big different. I have tried some other brands, but this one feels a lot better. I can feel so much support and comfort, especially breathable and flexible.

Recommendation:
I would buy one size bigger

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior product, August 16, 2013
I have a pair of the 2XU 3/4 tights that amazed me. I bought these for warmer weather, and they are exceptional as well. Worth the price, very high quality and well made. My use is for mostly walking and hiking, and they perform great. Comfortable, fit great, and have just the right compression. I'll be purchasing full length tights for colder weather soon, and they'll be 2XU as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars No smell and compression stays on, July 30, 2012
max power (Franklin, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2XU Men's Compression Shorts (Electronics)
Unlike the cheaper models by NB or Nike, the compression of these shorts stay intact after six months of wearing them. The logo got peeled off; but that was my fault because I was not supposed to turn it outside in while washing I got some discount in sporting good from Amazon CC recently, so I got two more at 20% off. Happy consumer; go SXU!

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the SKINS A400, August 25, 2013
Michael Balensiefer (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
It seems as if this pair was manufactured for its looks. I had purchased the SKINS A400 previously...but that item, after several months, washings and bike rides, was beginning to feel loose. So I got this one. As soon as I put it on, I noticed that 2XUs attention to: 1) feel, 2) detail...was lacking. The fabric feels rough against the skin. The build does not provide real (graduated) support. The fabric is not as elastic-y. As it is, I went and bought another pair of SKINS A400 (white seems tighter than black)... and this item remains unused in my dresser drawer. I HAD BEEN looking at getting this in full-length for compression gear. Glad I didn't!!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, March 3, 2014
I like these shorts. We'll have to see how they hold up over time. I use compression shorts for soccer refereeing and long distance running. These shorts don't provide as much compression as other compression shorts. They are cut long, which I like. And do a excellent job of preventing chafing - my #1 requirement. They have a drawstring to make sure they fit well. This feature may be useful for some people, but I don't like the extra fabric used to implement it.

Too many compression shorts suffer from what I call the "Ken doll design syndrome." Designers seem to think we guys want our junk compressed to a truly uncomfortable degree. It's almost like the designers don't want to acknowledge that there are male anatomical parts down there! Fortunately, these 2XU shorts are nice and comfortable with the perfect amount of support.

So bottom line.. if you want strong compression - look elsewhere. If you want comfort, good support and chafing prevention - these are for you.

2XU Men's Compression Shorts