5.0 out of 5 stars Work Amazingly for my Strained Calves
Published on June 8, 2012 by Ashlie P

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the elastic
Good and light weight not heavy duty like the 100% calf compression. The elastic at the top of these caused massive blisters over time where they rubbed at the top of my calf... Beware, especially if you have sensitive skin!
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Amazingly for my Strained Calves, June 8, 2012
I've switched to a minimual style running shoe and as a result have had strained calf muslces for the past few months. They progressively got worse to the point it was not only causing pain in my calves but in my knee as well. I decided on ordering a pair of these based on the other reviews that had been posted. I'm very happy with my purchase. I noticed a difference after just the first run with these. After using for the past week the pain in my calves has decreased.

A few things I've found as must knows about the product:
- Measure your calf muslce in a relaxed state and order based on this
- Mine fit comfortable prior to running. As I warm and and my calves expand from running they tighten up nicely. (I measure 17 inches and the Large fit perfect) If you are at the low end of the size chart you might want to order down a size.
- Their is a front and back to these and they do fit better with the log wear in the front.
- Wash them by hand if you want to keep the reflective logo intact
- These are very breathable. One of the main reasons I ordered these over some of the other products is the claim for breathability.
- With a prior injury I took the suggestion of several reviews to wear these post running for a while. I found this is one of the most theraputic times to have them on. As I'm back stretching and relaxing after my runs the continued support has really helped my calves to relax.

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Calf Guards, March 14, 2012
I have used these calf guards for several months as a part of my training for a marathon. I have had some calf strain and these seem to help me complete my workouts without injury. It is important that you keep them on your legs for some time, say 20 minutes, after the workout. By doing this, you also get some recovery benefit as it aids in circulation.

These guys have gone through the wash multiple times and have retained their elasticity. The "2XU" lettering has come off of one of the guards but that has not impacted the functionality. I have three different types of calf guards but these are my favorites.

I liked these so much that I ordered an additional set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, July 3, 2011
W. Bevins (Albany NY USA) - See all my reviews
Im a long distance runner. Typically run on roads with my Vibram Bikila LS so calf soreness is pretty common to me. After several runs with these I noticed quite a difference in how long it took before fatigue started to set it in. I also used them as recovery after my runs, leaving them on for 45 minutes to an hour during my cooldown and stretching. Very very satisfied with the results the day after as well. Next to no muscle soreness in the calf area.

Sizing seem spot on. They are tight and stay in place very well. Have not washed them in a machine yet, just hand washed in cool water with very little detergent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really eases the pain of Shin Splints, August 19, 2012
These are great, this is the first product I've tried like this that doesn't slip off, it stays on and doesn't move around while I run. It also has done wonders to keep the pain at bay with my shin splints while I run. I would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, October 7, 2012
That sounds like an exaggeration but it's not. I'm 30 years old and a former D-I college athlete. Since very shortly after leaving school I have had chronic calf issues. It got to the point where I could not run 4+ miles without pulling, tweaking, tearing a calf muscle...sometimes right, sometimes left. I went to see physical therapists and sports physicians that told me it's due to all the scar tissue in my calves and there's not much to do other than heat, ice, rest, etc. Pills, creams, ultrasound...I tried it all.

Nothing has helped like these calf sleeves. Forget helped, the problems are gone. I bought them in May and refuse to do anything that requires running without wearing them. Since then I have not suffered a single injury and feel great. I sometimes feel tight, but it's a normal tightness that goes away with warm up, not the "it's about to give out" tightness I used to have.

These particular sleeves are light and breathable enough that I am not distracted or uncomfortable. It's important to get the right size, so measure.

I had already resigned myself to the fact that I would never be able to have anything close to the athletic life I used to. With these sleeves I'm back in business. Forty or so of the best dollars I've ever spent. Actually more as I bought multiple pairs! If you have problems with your calves, do no hesitate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Chicken Legs!, September 11, 2012
This review is from: 2XU Non-Stirrup Compression Calf Guard (Sports)
I have been training for my first marathon and developed tendinitis in my lower leg about a month ago. It would really flare up after long runs and i wouldn't be able to walk without a limp for days after. Even when the pain subsided, it would never go away completely. My PT wife told me to look into compression sleeves and i found these had pretty decent ratings. I have very skinny 13" calves (hence the title), so i ordered these in XS. They arrived this afternoon and I have to say the effect has been transformational! I hobbled my way to the mailbox to get these and after I slipped them on, I am able to walk with barely a limp! I am no medical professional, but this is as close to a medical marvel as I have experienced. The pain is significantly diminished wearing the sleeve even just walking around the house. Now, I haven't run with these, but I do have a 20-miler this weekend, and I plan on running with them on. Will report back if there are updates, but so far, I am extremely happy with this purchase.

UPDATE (2 weeks later): I've been wearing the compression sleeve on my bad leg almost everyday and it has definitely helped with pain reduction. I wore them on my 20-mile run without any discomfort, and even though I'm tapering before the race, I keep them on even on my shorter runs. Very pleased with the quality of the product - they haven't lost their form or shape even after daily wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase., August 21, 2012
Came via US mail. Packaging was fine. Took 3 days for the package to leave their facility but it arrived within the estimated shipping time. My calfs are 15.5" so i went with the medium and they fit perfectly. They have helped a significant amount with my shin splints when running 5k and 10k distnances. Well worth the purchase and i will probably buy another set in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't run without these, September 8, 2012
I sprained my Achilles several years ago and have worn calf sleeves ever since. 2XU's are the best that I have found. I own 3 pairs and don't run without them. One tip: definitely measure your calves. They need to be tight to be effective.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the elastic, December 11, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., May 8, 2013
skspaz "skspaz" (Sherman Oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have the 2XU compression tights and shorts, and love both of those products. So I decided to try their compression calf guards for post-race recovery. I like the thinner material on the 2XU for under jeans or pants (sigh. Race on Sunday, recover on Monday while suffering at my desk.), but at the same time, I don't feel that I'm getting enough compression on my calves. The tights work better. I also don't like the silicone on these as it pinches and irritates my skin. I wear these inside out to avoid the irritated skin problem, but then the silicon sticks to my clothes. I have another pair of thicker, more compressive (is that a word?) calf guards from 110% that I prefer.

2XU Non-Stirrup Compression Calf Guard