Most helpful positive review
73 of 76 people found the following review helpful
Work Amazingly for my Strained Calves
on June 8, 2012
I've switched to a minimual style running shoe and as a result have had strained calf muslces for the past few months. They progressively got worse to the point it was not only causing pain in my calves but in my knee as well. I decided on ordering a pair of these based on the other reviews that had been posted. I'm very happy with my purchase. I noticed a difference after just the first run with these. After using for the past week the pain in my calves has decreased.
A few things I've found as must knows about the product:
- Measure your calf muslce in a relaxed state and order based on this
- Mine fit comfortable prior to running. As I warm and and my calves expand from running they tighten up nicely. (I measure 17 inches and the Large fit perfect) If you are at the low end of the size chart you might want to order down a size.
- Their is a front and back to these and they do fit better with the log wear in the front.
- Wash them by hand if you want to keep the reflective logo intact
- These are very breathable. One of the main reasons I ordered these over some of the other products is the claim for breathability.
- With a prior injury I took the suggestion of several reviews to wear these post running for a while. I found this is one of the most theraputic times to have them on. As I'm back stretching and relaxing after my runs the continued support has really helped my calves to relax.