Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon April 5, 2013
Size: Large|Color: Hot Pink/Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have to start this review by saying I have never worn compression run socks before. I decided to get these because I signed up to walk (or jog/walk) a half marathon this summer and got calf cramps the last two times I have done so. I was hoping that compression socks might help with that.

The caveat is necessary because I don't know how tight compression socks are supposed to feel. Trying these on right out of the box, the phrase "powerful compression" from the box text is definitely true. I have thicker calves and was afraid I wouldn't even be able to get them all the way up.

There is a size chart on the box that is not on the Amazon product page:
XS fits US shoe size 5-6.5 and calf size 11.75-14.5 inches
S fits US shoe size 7-9.5 and calf size 12.5-14.5 inches
M fits US shoe size 7.5-10 and calf size 15-16.6 inches
L fits US shoe size 8.5-10.5 and calf size 17-18.5 inches
XL fits US shoe size 12-14 and calf size 17.25-19 inches

My calf size is within the range (and not even the top end) of the Large so I will have to get used to feeling like they are very very tight and hope they will help with muscle soreness and overuse injuries as I train hard this spring and summer.

I almost forgot -- the color is really cute. I love hot pink!
44 comments|232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 20, 2013
Size: Small|Color: Peacock/Lemon|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been an avid runner for the past 10 years and having started doing Crossfit for the past 4 months. I've found that with all the strain that trail running and the lifting at Crossfit put on your legs, I was interested to try a product that would provide additional support to my lower legs and hopefully nurse the muscles a little bit.

Out of the box I loved the feel of the socks and I could tell they were high quality. They have a feeling like underarmour material, yet a little thicker (think soft though). Immediately after putting them on (they go on like hose by the way) I could tell they were a tight fit. It wasn't uncomfortable tight, but I could tell they were definitely putting pressure on my calves.

First for the run...I took them out for a quick 5k run and found that my feet responded well to the socks. It felt as if the additional compression on my feet and calves really helped them warm up quickly and stay loose throughout the run. When I got back I felt that the socks were still dry as were my feet. Opposed to cotton I think these socks actually wick the moisture off your foot as well as the sock itself.

In terms of Crossfit, I didn't like them as well. We did box jumps, snatches, and double-unders. For each of the movements I felt that I kept focusing on how tight the socks were. Not sure what was going on, but perhaps it's because I wasn't using the legs in an aerobic capacity like the run.

At the end of each use, I took off the socks and there were MASSIVE indentation marks on my legs from the compression. It probably took a good couple hours afterwards for the lines to fade.

My final observation: My experience is that they worked great for running, but became a distraction for Crossfit. I'm not sure if it's because I washed them after the run and they shrunk (I don't think so), but for whatever reason they didn't fit as well during the Crossfit exercise. I'll continue to utilize them for my runs, but am going to pass for my workouts.
on April 24, 2014
I've never used compression socks before because I never understood the benefits until a friend of mine who runs marathons told me to give them a try. I ran for the first time with them last night and wow, I don't know how I've ever gone without! I was able to run my usual route without having to stop for cramps and without the muscle fatigue. It was also pretty cold last night and these kept me nice and warm. I usually prefer running barefoot in my running shoes but these were thin enough that they didn't bother me at all. It's hard to explain to someone how wonderful these were so my recommendation is to give them a try, you can always return them if you don't think they are beneficial.
on September 22, 2014
These socks are fabulous. A little difficult to get on without stretching. I work for an orthotic company, so I'm told you're supposed to roll them down like panty hose, stick your foot in, & roll them up, which is not easy because of their tightness. Just ran my 2nd half marathon (13.1 miles) in them though & they really cut down on the tension you start to feel in your calves doing distance running. Would definitely recommend.
on February 15, 2014
PROS: True compression, great color (pink), progressive compression is nice

CONS: Size chart on amazon is incorrect. Go to the 2XU's sizing for more accurate product info. Almost too much compression

I am 5'3" 160 lbs and wear a size 9 shoe. I bought the small per reviewers recommendations on size chart, but according to the box I should have gotten a medium. I can wear the small but they are probably too tight since after a half hour of running my feet are asleep. No joke, pins and needles asleep.

I bought these because it was recommended by my foot doctor for my calf and foot injury. From lack of stretching, I have inflamed my calf and foot muscles causing pain. Compression was told to help (along with stretching). They do feel great as a recovery sock for me, but running long distance does cause my feet to fall asleep so I'll probably go with another brand for running.
I use compression socks a lot. I am a longer distance runner and these definitely help while running and for recovery. I also use them on flights and in general when I feel like my legs are tired. I absolutely love the color (I got one of the pink colors). The compression is great as well all through the sock except for one area: across the metatarsals and ball of foot. Most of my compression socks have compression that falls on your arch - thereby giving you some arch support. In this sock the compression comes up higher and is very constrictive over the metatarsals closer to your toes. That is not an area that I can compress because it actually puts a lot of pressure on that area. I've had metatarsal injuries previously and this is an area where my feet need to be able to "spread" out and to not be compressed. The nerve bundles in between the bones can get damaged from constant squishing (the type you see in high heel shoes or narrow shoes as well that apply direct pressure and constriction in this area). Otherwise the compression was great. I like a very heavy level of compression and these do deliver. If it was not for the compression coming up too high towards the toes these would be my perfect socks.
on June 23, 2015
I am on my feet all day! I have plantar faciatis. My feet felt like they are so tight that when I walked it almost killed me. So I bought some of these socks. They are kinda pricey but well worth the money$. I bought this pair of socks in a Large even though my feet are only an 8. My calves are large, so the large socks are perfect. I wear them everyday! Wash them out and air dry every night. My feet get better circulation and I move faster and they have been GREAT!
on November 29, 2015
These were tight for me, but since they are supposed to be, I went with it. I am not sure if it was a placebo effect but I seemed to run better. Down side, they got a lot of attention from men. I'm a chubby 45 and could not figure out why dudes kept staring. Then I realized they look like knee highs. If I had to do it again, I'd not get the pink as my outfit looked sort of like schoolgirl-esque.
on January 3, 2014
Great fit. I am 5'9 and 140lbs. The small was the perfect size. They are a pain to get on, but feel great when finally all set. After researching compression socks quite a bit, I was very pleased that these give me the exact results expected. My runs have gotten longer and my muscles are not sore. I dont always wear them, but I like them a lot and these are a great durable brand.
on November 2, 2015
These are wonderful. My foot is 10 1/2 and I am 5'10 157lbs. Compression is perfect but on the verge of being too much just below the knee but I have large frame so my knees and ankles are a tad larger than the average female my same weight. Does NOT cut off blood or leave marks. Aids in relieving leg cramps after my long runs.