Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2014
When I bought the Brother model MFC-J450DW Printer from Amazon, I also ordered these print cartridges because they were listed by Amazon as an Item which is commonly purchased with the printer. Just yesterday, after about a month of service, the original black ink cartridge which came with the printer, ran out of Ink and I tried to use the 2inkjet cartridges. The printer would not recognize them and they WILL NOT WORK! A close examination of the product reveals that they are not even constructed like the original cartridge and it would be impossible for them to work even though they are labeled LC-103BK, which is the exact number required for the printer. I was forced to make a dash to the local Office Depot and purchase a Brother LC-103 black cartridge for $25.99 plus tax, just to get the printer in operation again. I paid $25 dollars for these units and am now debating if it is worth the effort to try and retrieve my money. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE UNITS! THEY WILL NOT WORK!
77 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
It looks like they took another ink cartridge and added some plastic stuff to make it fit in this machine. I could not get the cartridge in. It just would not go in. Then, I thought the plastic stuff had to come off. You know how this is going to end -- yep! Ink all over the place & a wasted cartridge. Their response was that it does fit. So, I took the next one & had to really jam it in there. As a busy professional, I don't have time to email back & forth with a vendor as to why their product doesn't fit. They don't seem to care at all. Do not buy.
on March 4, 2014
inserted cartridge 100 times would not read error. Went to staples bought a brother cartridge - works fine. Don't waste your money these don't work.
on January 1, 2014
If this is the same 2inkjet vendor that is on ebay, don't buy from them! The cartridges I bought from them didn't work in my printer after hours of troubleshooting and even learning how to reset my printer to factory settings. I sent the cartridges back, but this vendor kept claiming that they didn't receive the package. In the end, it was too late to open a case with ebay or PayPal. Other customers on ebay have had the same problem (refusal to process a refund); Amazon shouldn't be dealing with this vendor.
on June 7, 2014
eunsu choi's 1-star review suggested replacing the microchip on the new ink cartridge with the microchip from the original Brother cartridge, and that worked. Carefully remove the chip (if you have a fine-tip soldering iron, melt the little plastic plug holding it to the cartridge) and place the chip on the new cartridge. It will fit into a little slot on the top. Unless you plan on using this again, you might want to consider a small dab of glue or small square of double-sided tape under the chip to hold it to the cartridge.

You should not have to do this, but unfortunately these simply did not work with my Brother MFCJ450DW. It would not recognize the cartridge when I put it in. I will definitely go with OEM Brother next time, but this is a way to salvage an otherwise lost cost.
on April 26, 2014
CHANGE THE MICROCHIP THAT IS ATTACHED ON THE TOP OF THE INK!
I bought Brother Printer MFC-450DW couple months ago.
i bought these inks with the printer because amazon said it is bought together frequently.
BUT when i inserted yellow, it wouldn't work. it was written LC-103, and on the printer it said LC-103 would work.
first, when i inserted it, it did not fit. it just did not buckle up. but i removed the plastic thingy that covered the ink.
so now it buckled up. but then the printer did not recognize it.
SO I REMOVED THE MICROCHIP and REPLACED IT WITH THE ONE THAT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL INK CATRIDGE THAT WAS INCLUDED IN THE PRINTER.
so now it works fine.
on June 1, 2014
These do not work in the Brother MFG-J870 unit I just bought. Wish I had read the reviews first. I am not really unhappy and have ink all over my hands!!!

I just hope I did not ruin my new printer...

Stay away from this company!
on March 11, 2014
I had to remove my old chip from the empty ink and add it to the new ink. If I just installed the ink, the printer would not recognize the product.
on January 19, 2014
These cartridges work fine and seem to be lasting a while, even after printing lots of copies of the family Christmas letter with pictures. The ink port on the cartridge has a pretty solid plastic film over it that won't peel off. You have to poke a hole in it with a knife tip and be careful about the tiny drop of ink that comes out or the cartridge will not insert into the printer. Pretty easy and economical. Cartridges seem to be lasting longer than anything I found for my old Canon printer.
on September 14, 2014
As soon as I opened the packaging on the magenta cartridge, it started leaking ink all over my hand and desk. I attempted to install the other cartridges, but they are NOT compatible with the Brother MFC-J450DW as the company states. I am returning the product for a full refund. I would not recommend these cartridges to anyone.