Customer Discussions > SimCity: Limited Edition forum

2nd Beta Feb. 16th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 14, 2013 3:26:50 AM PST
Devin R. says:
I recently pre-ordered the game. Amazon says that if you pre-order now, you'll get a code for a beta on Feb. 16th within 24 hrs. They e-mailed me a code but the e-mail specifically states that you can put in the code starting Jan. 25th for a beta on Jan. 28th. This is clearly for the previous beta. Will the code still work for the upcoming one?

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 1:13:05 PM PST
Mindray says:
Cancel your pre-order and do another one...see what happens.

I ordered earlier today and have not received an email yet.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 4:50:23 PM PST
Devin R. says:
I thought about just canceling. It's probably a safer bet that way. I just thought maybe someone could tell me what their e-mail says.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 6:57:07 AM PST
Devin R. says:
Update: I entered the code they sent me anyways, and it showed the right dates in Origin. Yay for the beta.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 10:39:22 AM PST
Idip31 says:
In case anyone is wondering. I preordered the game on the 7th before the beta keys were being advertised. I hadn't gotten an email and didn't feel like canceling and reordering the beta.

I contacted Amazon customer support and they confirmed an email went out yesterday, for some reason I never got it, checked my spam folders and everything. They were able to give me the code from the email so all is well. :)

So if you haven't gotten your code try chatting them up real quick. Download isn't available until 6am tomorrow though, ugh.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 12:54:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2013 1:14:05 PM PST
J. Maronde says:
I ordered on 2-13 and have yet to receive the "beta code in 24 hours" email. I guess I'll contact Amazon like Idip31 did.

Edit: Amazon Rocks! I clicked Customer Service at the top, then Contact us on the right. I choose the options "An order I placed", selected the SimCity order, picked the issue "Promotions and Deals", issue details "Other Promotions" and finally additional details "Did not receive claim code"

I did an online chat and was immediately connected to Maricar who said the email bounced. He/she forwarded the email again to me. Less than 5 minutes and I had a working beta code redeemed on Origin. Nice job Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 12:18:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2013 12:19:28 AM PST
Kirk Travel says:
@J. Maronde:
Unfortunately you did not check out the SC site. Or you would have known that the beta codes stop churning out on Feb 11th, so you might not likely get a code. but it seems you got one, lucky you :]

Here, Read This:
http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-closed-beta-2-faq

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 3:03:25 AM PST
J. Maronde says:
Thanks for that tidbit but the only site I would visit for an Amazon promotion would be the site contained in the Amazon promotion details: http://www.simcity.com/betadisclaimer which offers little. Your link is dealing with "beta sign-ups," not Amazon pre-orders.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
1.5 out of 5 stars   (4,069)