Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3" Metallic Rainbow Coil Spring
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon September 24, 2011
I purchased the 3" Metallic Rainbow Coil Springs as gifts and to hold onto for holiday stocking stuffers. I returned them. The quality was poor and the finish was chipped and deposited itself on my hands when I handled them. I can't imagine a child's hands after playing with this item for any length of time.

The only reason I gave this item a "one star" was because I had to to publish the review.

Not a fan ~ returned!
on January 4, 2012
I bought this because it looks like a metal coil slinky with some rainbow coloring. What we got was a black plastic slinky with some metallic rainbow paint on it. Wasn't what we wanted. I would have returned it if I had purchased it locally.. We kept it because the work to ship it back wasn't worth it.
on December 16, 2013
Item is described as metallic in the heading so you'd think it was metal and its not. Its cheap plastic, I would have just bought a real one and contributed the money I wasted on this one to the real METALLIC one. Save your pennies and get a REAL one don't let the title fool you too.
on January 21, 2016
This looked metallic with a pretty rainbow sheen. Usually I read the reviews but I was in a hurry to order gifts. Lesson learned.

The photo is not the actual product. It's a cheap plastic slinky. The "rainbow" is irregular blobs of color. It's not pretty at all. It doesn't even function well as a slinky. I regret buying this.

Do yourself a favor and buy a metal slinky. They work really well. I bought a pack of mini metal slinkies and they were a big hit, even with the big kids.

Edited to add a photo. This slinky has seen a little use (I bought it four months ago). Cheapest, ugliest, thing ever.
review image
on January 25, 2016
Bought this for my son because he thought watching ball bounce down the steps was hysterical! Wish I would've paid better attention to the description instead of stupidly misinterpreting the name and assuming it was metal. It is not, oops. Other than that, it worked well until the dogs got a hold of it.
on April 28, 2015
Was a little disappointed because it was a gift. Description a bit deceiving as it says metallic. We expected it to be made of metal and not plastic. Love Amazon and that was a first. Hasn't changed my opinion of your comprehensive. Still think you are the best. Sincerely, K. Otley
on April 18, 2016
This is made of plastic - it is not metallic. And the metallic paint on it flaked off after a few days. Amazon should quit doing business with these guys. They're flat out lying on the product description.
on June 19, 2014
The Coil Spring is cheap and didn't function like the name brand "Slinky" use to. My grandson wanted this and we wound up throwing it in the trash. He was disappointed and so was I. Don't purchase this.
on December 26, 2012
I read "metallic" and assumed it was metal. Yes, I should have read further down, but the fact that it was plastic seemed buried to me. And for the price I paid, it should have been metal. Although, I must say, the "metallic" coloring is very pretty.
on January 7, 2014
Metallic paint colors...not metal. I read to quickly. This slinky barely works because it is so light weight. Not worth it. Metal is the way to go.