5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and register
I have this plan for my Nikon camera and haven't needed to use it yet, but well worth the money to know if I do need it that it's there. Easy to set up and register.
Published 11 hours ago by Summer Marthaler

Published 7 months ago by Cliff Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought this and their What is not covered section prevented me from making a claim, April 13, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($450-500) (Electronics)
I thought I was buying a plan that not only extended the warranty for repair but also for Accidents. Well, I went out of town and dropped the camera in the ocean. In my mind that is an accident. Not according to their "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" section which you only get AFTER you pay for the plan. I'm pasting below as much as this review will let me of the "WHAT IS NIT COVERED" section of the contract. I'll end up buying another camera and skipping this....

WHAT IS NOT COVERED: THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER ANY LOSS, REPAIRS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM: (A) PRE‐EXISTING CONDITIONS INCURRED OR KNOWN TO YOU (“PRE‐EXISTING” MEANS A CONDITION THAT WITHIN ALL REASONABLE MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL PROBABILITY RELATES TO THE MECHANICAL FITNESS OF YOUR COVERED PRODUCT PRIOR TO ISSUANCE OF THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT); (B) IMPROPER PACKAGING AND/OR TRANSPORTATION BY YOU OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE RESULTING IN DAMAGE DURING SHIPMENT TO A SERVICE CENTER OR RELOCATION OF THE COVERED PRODUCT; (C) INSTALLATION, REMOVAL, REINSTALLATION OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF COMPONENTS, UPGRADES, ATTACHMENTS OR PERIPHERALS; (D) PRODUCTS AND/OR COMPONENTS THAT ARE USED IN APPLICATIONS THAT REQUIRE CONTINUOUS BUSINESS AND/OR COMMERCIAL OPERATION, OR ARE USED FOR COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, EDUCATIONAL OR PUBLIC USE PURPOSES OR OFFERED ON A RENTAL BASIS, OR COIN‐OPERATED PRODUCTS; (E) DAMAGE OR FAILURE CAUSED BY RIOT, NUCLEAR RADIATION, WAR OR HOSTILE ACTION, RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION, ETC.; (F) DAMAGE FROM FREEZING OR OVERHEATING; (G) INADEQUATE PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL OR GAS SERVICE; (H) INTERRUPTION OF GAS OR ELECTRICAL SERVICE; (I) NEGLECT, NEGLIGENCE, MISUSE, ABUSE, INTENTIONAL PHYSICAL/MECHANICAL/ELECTRONIC DAMAGE, PHYSICAL DAMAGE OR MALICIOUS MISCHIEF, THEFT OR MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE, VANDALISM, RUST, CORROSION, WARPING, BENDING, ANIMAL OR INSECT INFESTATION, ETC. TO THE COVERED PRODUCT OR ANY COMPONENT; (J) DAMAGE OR FAILURE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND YOUR CONTROL SUCH AS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, EXPOSURE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS OR ACTS OF NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: FIRE, FLOODS, SMOKE, SAND, DIRT, LIGHTNING, MOISTURE, WATER DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, WHETHER FROM FRESH WATER, SALTWATER OR OTHER WATER INTRUSION, STORMS, WIND OR WINDSTORM, HAIL, EARTHQUAKE, OTHER EXTERNAL PERILS OF NATURE; (K) REPAIRS NECESSITATED BY OPERATION OUTSIDE THE MANUFACTURER OPERATIONAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS; (L) BATTERY FAILURE OR LEAKAGE; (M) COLLISION WITH ANOTHER OBJECT, COLLAPSE, EXPLOSION, LIQUID SPILLAGE OF ANY KIND BY ANY OWNER, EMPLOYEE, THIRD PARTY, REPAIR PERSONNEL, ETC., UNLESS COVERED UNDER A SERVICE AGREEMENT WHICH SPECIFICALLY INCLUDES ANY OF THE DEFINED CAUSES; (N) ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE; INCLUDING PHYSICAL / MECHANICAL / ELECTRONIC DAMAGE CAUSE BY DROPPING, UNLESS YOUR PRODUCT QUALIFIES FOR ADH COVERAGE; (O) DAMAGE, WARPING, BENDING OR RUSTING OF ANY KIND TO THE HOUSING, CABINETRY, SUPPORTS, OUTSIDE CASING OR FRAME OF THE PRODUCT; (P) IMPROPER OR INADEQUATE STORAGE; (Q) DAMAGE TO A COVERED PART CAUSED BY A NON‐COVERED PART; (R) IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF CUSTOMER REPLACEABLE COMPONENTS, MODULES, PARTS OR PERIPHERALS AND/OR INSTALLATION OF INCORRECT PARTS; (S) ANY RESULTANT MALFUNCTION OR DAMAGE OF OR TO AN OPERATING PART OF THE COVERED PRODUCT FROM FAILURE TO PROVIDE MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE OR OPERATION/STORAGE OF THE COVERED PRODUCT IN CONDITIONS OUTSIDE MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS OR USE OF A COVERED PRODUCT IN SUCH A MANNER AS WOULD VOID COVERAGE UNDER THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY OR THAT ARE USED IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH THE DESIGN OF THE EQUIPMENT OR MANUFACTURER INSTRUCTIONS OR SPECIFICATIONS; (T) OPERATIONAL ERRORS ON THE PART OF THE CONSUMER (E.G., AS ABNORMAL ICE BUILD‐UP IN A REFRIGERATOR OR FREEZER); (U) REMOVAL, INSTALLATION, REINSTALLATION, UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS, ETC., OF ANY INTERNAL COMPONENT OR COVERED PRODUCT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADJUSTMENTS, MANIPULATION OR MODIFICATIONS MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN A SERVICE TECHNICIAN AUTHORIZED BY US; (V) LOSS OF POWER, IMPROPER USE OF ELECTRICAL/POWER, POWER ‘BROWN‐OUT’, POWER OVERLOAD OR POWER SURGE; (W) UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS, ALTERATIONS, MANIPULATION OR REPAIR MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AN SERVICE TECHNICIAN AUTHORIZED BY US; (X) DAMAGE/FAILURE DUE TO IMPROPER LUBRICATION, OR USE OF INCORRECT OR STALE FUEL OR FUEL CONTAINING MORE THAN 10% ETHANOL; (Y) DAMAGE RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES; (Z) COVERED PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO A MANUFACTURER RECALL, WARRANTY OR REWORK TO REPAIR DESIGN OR COMPONENT DEFICIENCIES, IMPROPER CONSTRUCTION, MANUFACTURER ERROR, ETC.; REGARDLESS OF THE MANUFACTURER’S ABILITY TO PAY FOR SUCH REPAIRS; (AA) EQUIPMENT SOLD WITHOUT A MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY OR ‘AS IS’; (AB) COVERED PRODUCTS WITH REMOVED OR ALTERED SERIAL NUMBERS; (AC) CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT, OR LOSS OF USE OR DATA DURING THE PERIOD THE COVERED PRODUCT IS AT AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR FACILITY OR OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS; (AD) NON‐FAILURE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NOISES, SQUEAKS, ETC.; (AE) NORMAL PERIODIC OR PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, USER EDUCATION, SET UP ADJUSTMENTS; (AF) CLEANINGS OR ANY REPAIR COVERED BY A MANUFACTURER WARRANTY, SERVICE AGREEMENT OR OTHER INSURANCE; (AG) SOFTWARE AND SOFTWARE RELATED PROBLEMS; (AH) REPAIRS FOR COSMETIC DAMAGE OR IMPERFECTIONS OR TO STRUCTURAL ITEMS; (AI) FAILURE TO PRODUCT ATTACHMENTS ESSENTIAL TO THE BASIC FUNCTION OF THE PRODUCT BUT NOT PROVIDED BY THE
AMT‐UBID‐PFD (09/12) Page 3 of 9

2.0 out of 5 stars 5 day repair?!?! a JOKE... how about a month instead, July 21, 2014
I purchased this insurance for several reasons, the main reason was the advertised 5 day repair service. Well as luck would have it, I dropped my camera and needed my lens to be fixed. I put in my claim right away on July 1st, received no confirmation via mail, continuously contacted to company on SEVERAL occasions to check on its status and ended up waiting until the 10th just to get a box sent to me to send it back in. I again received no confirmation that the box had been received in their office and contacted back to check, they told me the lens was signed into their system on the 15th and would take 7-10 business days for it to be fixed and then sent back. Needless to say, I have a wedding to attend for my aunt on the 26th and my camera will not be able to be used. I am extremely disappointed and should have had my camera lens repaired locally and not paid extra for insurance that doesn't do what it claims. Fast turnaround service.... A complete joke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and register, November 25, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 18, 2014
Easy to enroll...unfortunately I didnt keep the item I purchased. And I was able to cancel policy without issues...

3.0 out of 5 stars Unknown if it is any good, June 4, 2014
Amazon, get a clue!!! I just bought an extended warranty for an item and the warranty doesn't start until manufacturer warranty expires. That means that this product will not go into effect for 11 months yet. How can I possibly give a review when I can't use this product for close to a year from now. You keep sending me notices to rate this product and it is IMPOSSIBLE to rate. Amazon, you are shooting yourself in the foot. You used to be a quality seller, you are fast going down hill with stupid things like this an other shipping/pricing issues!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally received. (Was "Never received the warranty"), March 8, 2014
Jay (Marysville, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
Update: The company contacted me and I was able to register the warranty. I've updated my review to 4 stars to reflect this.

I bought a camera and this warranty. Despite being told I would receive the warranty in e-mail, it never came. I checked the spam folder as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind for a good price., January 19, 2014
Gave this "Protection Plan" as a gift along with a Nikon D3200 camera to my nephew at Christmas...Here's hoping we never have to use it, but if needed it should for all intents and purposes become very handy....We Hope!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned item, still had to keep Smart Guard, May 16, 2014
Had to return product (camera) still had to pay for protection plan, will never purchase from Smart Guard again. Its a scam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection plan, March 25, 2014
Sorian "Sorian" (Richmond, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Customer service was great seeing as i accidentally clicked too fast and they were able to resolve all the issues within minutes. I will definitely use this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Added Security, March 25, 2014
It's nice to have peace of mind to have the extra protection as the years of use go pass by.