Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquareTrade 3-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($1250-1500)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $1250-$1500|Change
Price:$282.34+ Free shipping

on January 10, 2013
I purchased an HP Envy 17 Laptop from Amazon. After a little less than one year, I started having hard drive problems with one of the two drives. I contacted Square Trade and they were not helpful in two respects. First, they said I should use the HP warranty. In fact, they insisted that I use the HP warranty. When I told them I wanted to use them, they next said they didn't have the expertise to properly format the sophisticated hard drives of the HP Envy. Therefore, if they did repair it, I would not get it back in the same condition. What a dissappointment. I contacted HP and they took care of it (although it took awhile). I renewed my HP factory warranty for 2 more years and ate the loss on the useless "Square Trade" warranty.
33 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
My laptop was accidentally dropped and had a cracked screen. So I called Squaretrade, the first claim they handled it really quick by sending the box within 2 days. Even though they advertise that the repair will be only within 5 days it took me over a week to get my laptop back. Upon checking my laptop, oh my there's opening on the left screen bezel and when I close and open the screen it cracked again on the top left corner. Whoever performed the repair did a very poor job and it baffled me that it took them 5 days to do a very very poor job like that! I called back and explained. They promised me they will take it back. 1st time, I waited over a week, nothing arrived, 2nd time, they promised me the box will arrive in 2 days, nothing arrive a week later. I called the third time, they kept telling me the same thing. I don't know how Squaretrade got their 5 stars review from, maybe they are all from their own employees but this service is not worth even 1 star for me. They take your money, poorly repair it once, then disappear. This service is really bad and I am a REAL customer so I advise you before purchasing Squaretrade to seriously consider it. Stay away from it!
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2015
Do not buy a plan here, I just got my laptop from repair and it looks like they beat the shit out of it. I called them and they going to see what they can do but before I ship it out there was no marks and after I got it back stuff was missing and tons of marks. They had me take photos and it doesn't boot. All Photos I put in this is stuff that they did to it and what I get everytime I load the pc
on June 18, 2013
I got this protection for my new Acer Aspire. It took a week or more for the computer to be delivered but the Square Trade coverage began the day I purchased it. I didn't think that was right so I fought it. They put me through hell with sending them receipts and such via email and each time I didn't do something right and had to submit it again. Think it took me three tries.

Finally got that wrinkle ironed out but was so focused on the date stuff that I didn't notice they have the coverage on a HP Pavilion. I didn't buy a HP Pavilion. I contacted them to tell them they got it wrong and to check the receipts and such I sent them before. Now they want me to send them the receipts and stuff ALL OVER AGAIN.

I will NEVER buy from Square Trade again and I hope to God I never need to use their insurance. I wouldn't trust sending my computer to them for repair. Maybe that's what they are trying to do! Prevent people from using their coverage for fear of worse things happening to their computers.

Find your insurance somewhere else. This company is a hot mess.
44 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2013
I bought this for a new Dell laptop that I was taking to France. After making sure that the plan worked outside the US, I decided to buy it.

I had problems with the laptop from day 1, so they told me they couldn't take care, because it was a factory problem. Since I was in France, I couldn't do much about it. Nor the seller, Dell or SquareTrade would do much for me.

I decided to return it and get a refund. I wished they had done something, at the end that's what you buy an insurance for!
on November 19, 2013
Getting the plan was a mistake! In order to collect, you must jump thru hoops designed to frustrate and cause you to just give up.
Never Again!!
on July 4, 2014
I filed a claim for a Samsung ATIV Windows 8 tablet after running over the backpack that it was in. The initial claim process was super easy and got the tablet back in a week, but only 1 of the 2 problems addressed. Sent it back and received it about 4 weeks later with the other problem repaired. I was left with a docking keyboard that has a very poor connection. I initially attempted contact on Facebook and email with no success to rectify this issue. Then I called and spoke to a customer service representative and spent about an hour on the phone not accomplishing anything. They would not even honor their 5 day repair guarantee (premium refund). I was told that a supervisor would call me. Nada! I sent a letter to the CEO. Nada! I have 2 other devices covered by Square Trade. I am hoping that I do not have to pull the claims trigger again! Apparently, they will generally replace devices under $500 in value. So, I would not even consider their coverage for more expensive equipment and you were really desperate.😠
on November 20, 2013
After purchasing this for a laptop I was giving to my Grandson for Christmas, I called to ask a couple of questions about activation. I found square trade's representative to be extremely rude and abrupt. Several times, because I couldn't fully understand his answers to my questions, he became condescending and abrasive. Based on this experience, I decided to cancel the plan. I can only imagine what I would have to deal with if I ever had a claim for service. The only good thing I can say about the experience is that they were prompt in refunding my money.
on March 7, 2012
My computer screen had a red line running across it and the dvd drive stopped working so I turned to my Square trade warranty and submitted a claim. The process was smooth and convenient, a third party repair company sent me a pre-paid well designed box to ship my laptop to them (2nd day delivery also!) I sent it, it took only about a week to get it back. I was so excited that it had all gone so well....UNTIL...I turned the computer on and the line was still there. Disappointing and I feel a little betrayed and cheated. I called the repair company and they are sending another box and now I'll be inconvenienced for another week (or more if they don't fix it again). I think they should reconsider their contract with the repair company if the repair company can't SEE that there is still a line on the screen that they are supposed to have fixed.
55 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2013
They told me that my claim was approved and sent me a shipping box. They knew exactly what kind of tablet I have and that the glass was cracked. They sent me notice of receipt and told me that it would be repaired within 5 days and shipped back which will take an additional 1-2 days. They told me if there was a problem that would cause a delay, they would contact me. On day 9, having not received it back and having not heard anything from them, I called and was told that they had me ship it to the wrong repair depot and they had to send it to another. Long story short, I will be lucky if it is repaired and back to me within 3 weeks. I now wish that I would have saved the money that I used to pay for the warranty. It would have covered nearly half of the cost of a second tablet which I could be using now while a local repair shop got my business to repair the broken one. I regret that I have purchased 4 of these plans including 2 that I transferred with electronic gifts.