Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Service plan term: 3 YearsService plan covered value: $1750-$2000Change
Price:$323.01+ Free shipping

on November 25, 2013
I have used Squaretrade for a few laptop claims and have been satisfied on both occasions. The most recent time, I had a cracked screen. The customer service agent was really helpful in getting my claim submitted, and getting it approved for local repair. She even looked up approved repair shops for me so I didn't have to go about finding one myself and making sure it was approved. I received the money quickly as well to reimburse me for the repair expenses. The only thing that is barring me from giving it a full five stars is that despite me indicating that I wanted to receive my payment via Paypal, I received an email that it was going to be sent by check. Luckily I was able to call and have it changed quickly enough so I did receive my money via Paypal, but it was still a pain that I had to call. I had to do the same thing the last time I submitted a claim too. But I think the people at Squaretrade are exceedingly helpful, and have guaranteed that I'll stick with them for future electronic purchases.
on October 11, 2014
Great- love Square Trade. Had an Acer compute died on me after 2 years. They just sent the refund and never asked me to return the equipment!
on November 30, 2013
I always have mixed thoughts about buying extended warranties/service plans, as most electronics which survive the basic warranty tend to last till you get tired of them. This time I relented, and bought the 3 year package for a middling laptop that was going to spend about half of it's life in Costa Rica. On my last trip there, one of the USB ports died, and the wireless LAN and wired LAN connections started going bad. Though it was tricky to be sure, since my broadband connection was basically trash. Eventually, I made it back to VA, and the wireless went out again, so off I went to the Squaretrade web site for a repair authorization. That went ok, and a few days later I found myself FEDEXing it off to their repair site. A few days later, it came back completely fixed in all particulars. Best of all, there was no need for a memory wipe, so my tens of thousands of files and dozens of programs all remained intact, as far as my testing has gotten. Put me down as a very happy camper.
on November 25, 2012
I have purchased this for many products and actually had to use it for my IPOD. It was very easy and I received my IPOD back within a week.
on March 2, 2010
this company is first class a they took care of my claim better than i could have ever expected and was very fast i would use them again
on January 23, 2013
SquareTrade 3-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($300-400)

A Squaretrade warranty is the best protection you can buy for expensive electronics items. I bought one for an Acer One netbook that I purchased from Amazon. This was a 3 yr ADH plan. Barely 6 months after I got the netbook, the screen cracked (on its own, it was stored in a hard case) and the hard drive was damaged.
I had got this for a friend (not as a gift, he paid for the netbook), so all I wanted was a replacement.
I still cannot believe how smooth the transaction with SquareTrade was. We sent the netbook via a prepaid UPS shipping label that Squaretrade gave me for free, and 2 days later, a full refund +5% (since I chose to be paid in amazon gift cards).
I have 3 other expensive items (ipad 2, xoom and a SGS4G phone) covered under squaretrade. My advice will be to always buy a plan along with any electronics you buy here.

You wont regret it.
on September 28, 2015
I have had problems and questions about a computer! In calling the Square Trade help line, the reps I have talked to are very helpful!
on February 14, 2013
I purchased this insurance alongside my son's macbook pro over a year ago; luckily it was a 3 year policy. Suddenly just over a year from purchase, his macbook completely tanked [or 'lost' its connection to its hard drive?!!] though was mightltily disappointed with the apple product's performance, fortunately I had purchased square trade's warranty. and then, though it took 2 tries to contact square trade [the first including 45 minutes on hold, only to be picked up by a NON english speaking individual, who not only couldn't understand my 'warranty no.' but proceeded to rattle off another phone no to call but refusing to repeat the number, so frustratingly I went BACk to sending an email with my concerns, and then, after the second email, was rewarded with a fairly straightforward and speedy procedure in order to get my son's computer fixed. I'm awaiting the reimbursement check for the repair i had done locally, but am hoping this part will go smoothly.
on March 18, 2010
The service reps are very helpful. They are so easy and nice to do business with and totally live up to their word. A great service!
on December 28, 2012
I have multiple squaretrade warranties, and they rock. However, they get a 4/5 from me, because they're an email/loginid nightmare. Their site does not handle multiple emails well at all. Between the kids devices, all the electronics bought at different places, stuff my wife bought, it all comes in with different emails due to using gmail with the "+" sign, or fastmail with custom emails (,, There is no way to register multiple emails to a single account, so every time one of these comes in, we have to go and transfer it to It's just tedious. It would be excellent if they let you manage it more like a Verizon wireless account, or any of the other many services that allow you to register multiple email addresses. Better yet, don't force link the contract to the purchase email, which would avoid the problem altogether...