Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on September 11, 2011
I have both the Surefire 6P with the LED kit and now the Redline LED. The Redline is a quality all around flashlight for the cost vs the Surefire. I know you talking apples to oranges but you can get 3 of the Redline's for the cost of one Surefire.

PROS: Bright,Multi-light settings, Magnetic base.

Cons: No Belt holder. I did find the best holder for the light to be a Surefire holder. See this webpage for info: [...]
on December 27, 2011
This is, by far, the most incredible flashlight I've ever encountered. I'm a volunteer firefighter, and just for fun I tried it during a smoke drill. Normally the brighter the light the worse it does. But this was able to focus so tightly, and with so much light, that it cuts through the smoke better than any light I've ever seen. I got 8 solid feet of visibility in solid smoke! We're currently considering purchasing replacement flashlights for our department, and this is a top contender.

The *only* drawback is that there is no place to put a clip on it.
on December 26, 2011
We're a flashlight loving family. I got three of these for family members for Christmas. Everyone loved them and found them easy to use and powerful enough to be their best safety go-to flashlight.
on December 25, 2011
Don't even bother with SureFire flashlights. The special batteries it requires I can't even get locally and must order them online. After buying a SureFire flashlight I looked for another one and found REDLINE flashlights! I bought three in a pack and LOVE them. They have many more "bells and whistles" than SureFire and also take normal AAA batteries.
Here is what the Nebo Redline has that my SureFire( and many other brands of expensive flashlights) does NOT have. Magnetic end cap (they can stand upright), large glow in the dark spot on endcap so you can find the flashlight in the dark (duh, shouldn't they all have this?). Easy to use light button which has more functions then Surefire. With a twist of the front piece you can widen or narrow the lights spread to a pinpoint. It has a SOS function and you can choose fast or slow strobe. Right on each flashlight is a legend that states how long each choice of light (high, medium, low, sos, etc.) will last before batteries run out.
The only thing missing would be a spare end where an extra set of batteries could be stored, but that would add about 2 inches to the flashlight's length, which would be OK for me since it is only 4 1/2" long anyway.
Oh, and the THREE Redline flashlights were cheaper than ONE Surefire. This one also has the tactical face shredding front if you need to defend yourself from an attack. Like I said, ALL the bells and whistles. I am going to order 3 more as gifts! Did I mention that THREE of these flashlights are cheaper than ONE SureFire flashlight! this website wrongly states a 15" length, but that must be for the 3 flashlights lying end to end in the packaging. As stated each flashlight is only 4 1/2" long, and very light even with the 3 AAA batteries inside.
The quality of light is exceptional!Even better than SureFire. I wish I could have stock in this company, it is going places with products like these!
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2011
Would rate this at 3.5 stars. These lights are super bright and come equipped with Duracell AAA's already installed. I got a three pack for a super bargain here on Amazon.

I think that the 150 yard claim is a bit overdoing it. My backyard is probably 50' long before I run into a creek, which is about 40' feet wide. The beam is falling off pretty heavily when hitting the other side of the creek, which would only be roughly 30 yards. At 150 yards, as proclaimed, I'd be lighting up the houses on the other side of the creek and up the hill from me, which I would put right about at 150 yards. There is no discernible light being thrown on the houses.

The magnet on the base of the flashlight isn't very strong. I intended on putting one of these on my breaker panel since I have a generator transfer switch feeding in there. The magnet can barely hold the weight of the flashlight up, anything more than a slight bump is going to knock it off. Either put a strong enough magnet there, or don't put anything at all.

I'm going off the top of my head here, since I'm at work, but I don't recall there being a ring to attach a lanyard to these flashlights, making them a pocket only item, with no possibility of a safety strap. Being a sailor, I'd like to have the ability to tether a light to me in some manner. In the event I go overboard, and I want to use this as a signaling device, if I dropped it, it's going to the bottom of the body of water I'm sailing on.

All in all, for tasks, this is a great flashlight. I definitely think that the lighting claims are a bit preposterous, but certainly a good buy.
on October 1, 2011
These are serious flashlights. Sharp bright illumination. The on-off switches are positive with no sign of being cheap or toy-like. The metal cases are tough and strong. The manufacturer states that they can be used to break auto glass, which I have not tried, but do not doubt. The flashlight is powered by 3 AAA batteries held together by a plastic cage. This battery cage has well designed electrical connections rather than a much cheaper single exposed spring.

Battery life has been great, especially, when comparable to other not as bright LED flashlights. I am so impressed with this model of flashlight that I have replaced all my other flashlights with this one. This great product coupled with Amazon's great prices and super delivery made purchasing these flashlights a "no-brainer."
on January 1, 2012
These are the best little led flashlights on the market. Great adjustable beam and fantastic features. Really like the fact that they run on AAA batteries, the same as my head lamp so one battery fits all.
on April 15, 2011
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2011
I have about 5 different 200+ lumen flashlights. I use them for work every night. For the money this is the best deal by far but... battery life is horrid, and is not as bright as my coast led lenser M7R 220 lumen or my led lenser P7 200 lumen but is brighter then my Fenix E21 150 lumen flashlight so I had to guess the red line is around 180 lumen. Still a high power flashlight and very good price but if you need a high power light that will see everyday use spend the extra money on a led lenzer M7R.
on September 10, 2014
This is my favorite flash light ever! I bought one of these several years ago and everyone who saw it asked where I got it. Eventually I lost mine so I went looking for another one, which I found on Amazon. They had a set of three so I thought wouldn't they make great gifts for christmas? I'm going to have my son's names engraved on them. They have a flat area which is perfect for personalization for a gift.

The reason I love this flash light so much for myself is because it has several settings from a very very bright big light to a small dim light. They fit comfortably in your hand and make a perfect camping light. They also fit very nicely in your glove box for emergencies and flash s.o.s. when needed.

Lucky for me I found my missing flash light. yay!