5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this!
Published on July 22, 2011 by lorajean

1.0 out of 5 stars Ice holder cracked first use
I used the ice holder and it broke after 5 minutes fist time use! I now use it without as the pitcher has a nice large size and the infuser is easy to handle. I did not want to go through the hassle with customer service but I don't think this product should be sold like this.
Published 18 months ago by Dani H.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this!, July 22, 2011
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
A coworker bought me this last summer and I have used it faithfully since. Before she bought me this pitcher I would take all my ingredients and put them in a mason jar and then have to sip around the fruit. I have kept a pitcher in my fridge every day since she bought it for me. I like strawberries, rose hips, whole cranberries, lemon, lime, cukes and agave in mine. The fruit will last up to 2 weeks if you keep it covered in water. When you take out a glass, refill the pitcher each time so the fruit stays emerged in water. Great flavor for about 2 weeks! Well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a Fruit Infusion, February 27, 2012
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
I found this locally on sale and couldn't resist buying it.

Why you will love this pitcher:
+ Sturdy BPA-free Acrylic Pitcher
+ Pitcher can be used with or without ice tube and infuser
+ Infuser will hold about 1 large orange chopped or about a cup of fruit
+ Infuser's many slots allow water to freely flow around fruit
+ Ice rod has silicone plug for easy empty/fill, but water does not need to be changed

This is a great buy if you like subtly flavored water. Citrus fruits will exude a stronger flavor than berries. Chop the fruit smaller for more flavor or leave in larger chucks for less. The instructions say to change the fruit every 7-10 days, but after a day the fruit doesn't look that fresh or healthy to me. The fruit in the tube will flavor many pitchers of water - just add fresh water to the pitcher every time you pour a glass out and put it back in the fridge. I start the fruit water at least an hour before I want to use it and by the time I get to it, the water is chilled and fully infused.

The ice rod will keep the pitcher contents cold, but not as cold as the fridge will. Still very nice for parties. It screws into the lid and the pitcher works without it too.

There is no way to close off the spout, so I make an effort not to fill it too full.

For variety: mint leaves, ginger and other herbs can be placed in the tube with the fruit. Mint grows like a weed, so I use the large leaf mint from my garden. I think the little grocery store mint would slip though the infusor slots.

The instructions recommend hand-washing, but it is easy to clean.

This pitcher is a fun, multi-use kitchen item. Also great for tea or juice.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!, October 19, 2011
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
This is just the best pitcher ever. We have been using it for a week and are so happy with it. If it does happen to crack we will definitely get another. We use it for Iced tea and it works out great. I brew the tea in another container and pour it in this pitcher. Love the included ice tube and the fruit infuser, both of which are very useful.

Update: We have had this pitcher for a year now and it is holding up very well with DAILY use. We still love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and Practical, June 16, 2012
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
I own a slightly different pitcher made by the same manufacturer and since I entertain quite a lot in the dog days of summer, I bought this pitcher. Made of an acrylic per the manufacturer this is BPA free. It is a three piece set. Aside from the picher it has an ice cylinder that speeds up colling and screws into the lid as well as an infuser with large slits that can hold fresh sliced fruits. The manufacturer states that the fruit only needs to be replaced every two weeks, but I usually toss the fruit after a couple of days and start over fresh.
I normally use this picher for tea, flavored water, and infused juices. The results are amazing as well as fast. Lemons, limes, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, watermelon, peaches all work well in the infuser and it only gets better as the infuser dispenses its magic.
While the manufacturer tells you that all you need to do is add more water as the water depletes, we drink so much here that we we start fresh daily. When I use this for tea, I make sun tea in a countainer or mason jar, pour it into the pitcher, and add the fruit. In 60 to 90 minutes, you have flavored ice tea.
This really beats the heavy sugary drinks people gravitate toward. It is healthier and satisfying.
The manufacturer suggests hand washing. Since dishwashers and acrylics are not friends follow their instructions regarding care. Overall. this picher is fairly well made. It has a nice capacity and stores well in the fridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Subtle Flavor from the Fruit and Convenient, January 28, 2012
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
I bought this by accident thinking it was something else (a dual purpose cold water fruit infuser and hot water pitcher to brew iced tea in and I wanted it for hot tea brewing to later ice). However rather than returning it I decided to use it for it's purpose and love it. I confirmed with the manufacturer via email that this was only designed for cold drinks (due to the type plastic it uses).

There is a vertical tube that holds sliced fruit pieces. As the water sits with the fruit for hours in the refrigerator it gently infuses. The infused water tastes different than taking one fresh wedge and squeezing it into water. This infuser gives a subtle taste to the water which is refreshing and pleasant.

You can vary the level of fruit taste by how much fruit you put in. One lime gives a very subtle flavor and two or three is even stronger. I also reuse the fruit for three full pitcher refills. As you would suspect the first use of the fruit is strongest and it tapers down the more it is used. I enjoy it with lime or lemon and find that oranges give a strong and delicious flavor also.

The tube removes for easy cleaning, especially made easier with a bottle brush.

There is also a refillable tube to freeze to make an ice tube. I choose to not use that.

One more note the pitcher does not have the ability to close the spout. I worried the water might absorb refrigerator odors but have not had that happen. You just have to be careful when moving it when it is full to avoid spills.

This type of plastic does not impart any gross plastic flavor into the water which makes me very happy!

Highly recommended if you like your water nice and cold and if you want a fruit infused flavor to it but don't want the hassle of slicing fresh fruit for a fresh fruit squeeze every time you refill one glass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pitcher, but don't overfill ice tubeT, May 5, 2012
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
This pitcher is delightful, -- the plastic rinses clear and fresh and the fruit infuser and icing tube are both terrific additions! But if you buy one of these, please be careful when filling the ice tube to not go over the fill line. The line is really faint,but findable if you know to look for it. The plastic stopper tends to pop out, but maybe only if filled too full, in which case swelling water volume might push it out. Ideally it all stays tightly together and doesn't need refilling.

In my case, the cork on mine popped out after the second use. I found it on the floor, and didn't even know what it was, but put it aside on pantry shelf and was pleased to recall seeing it and "connect" when I noticed water leaking out when I went to refreeze the tube. I plugged it back in, refreshing the water inside, but I seem to have gotten a malfunctioning tube. As next time, not only did the stopper spring out when I opened the freezer, but when I later went to unscrew the tube to refreeze it, found the whole thing broke off at the top seam. This left me holding the bottom with the water in it, with the top still screwed into the pitcher. It was like extracting the collar of a light bulb which has broken off -- hard to get unscrewed. I did finally get the top part out, and could see that the sealer that held the two pieces together had cracked apart.

I had kept the box, so could figure out what name/company to Google, and did find a phone number, along with a "replacement parts" chart, which showed tube replacements at $10 for one more and $14 for two more. This apparently includes shipping costs. Since it was a weekend, I could only leave a message for the company about the failure (after not many uses) of my ice tube.

I am happy to report that a company person did return my call first thing Monday, reporting very few similar complaints. She referred me to a more senior staffer who said the tube I received was likely faulty and offered to send me a replacement. I trust this is on its way and I can again enjoy my lovely pitcher.

I'm still not sure why the seal between the top and bottom of the tube split when I unscrewed it, but I am happy to report that customer service was up to snuff, and prompt to offer to correct the problem! If the problem was exacerbated by too much water freezing inside, I also recommended making the fill line darker and easier to read, and adding consumer instructions that highlight the need to ONLY fill to the marked line. Finally, should there be other customers who have parts that aren't up to standard, I think the contact info for the company should also be clearer on the box and that it might help to also make sure there's at least a name, and model number inscribed somewhere on bottom of the pitcher at least. Otherwise, this delightful, but rather expensive pitcher could become very "un-special" very quickly if any of its parts get broken or go missing. We all have plenty of plain plastic pitchers hanging around, easily and inexpensively replaced at the corner grocery! This one is very special and a delight to use, as long as all its parts keep working!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ice holder cracked first use, June 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pitcher, July 3, 2012
Loves Books (Maryville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
I bought 2 of these at a local chain store. I use one for tea with lemon and one for water with lemon. I then ordered one from Amazon for my son, since he kept asking for mine. Pitcher is made well and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars prodyne fusion pitcher, October 7, 2011
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
I love this pitcher! It really does infuse (ice tea, in my case), and adds just the right amount of flavor. Prodyne 3-qt. Iced Fruit Infusion Pitcher.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever, October 6, 2011
This review is from: 3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher (Kitchen)
I used this pitcher during the summer and I was reasonably satisfied with it. However, the channel to contain the fruit is relatively small and thus does not allow for sufficient fruits to be inserted to flavor the water. Also, when the ice tube is inserted there isn't sufficient room to put fruit directly into the water either. I used it for Sangria and it was adequate, but although this was a very clever idea, the design was not quite what I would have liked.

3-qt ICED Fruit Infusion Pitcher