30-40 something Chick lit books??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2008 9:05:40 AM PDT
KnitTuck says:
Can anyone make some suggestions? I think it may be an un-developed market

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 2:39:39 PM PDT
Happy says:
Have you read Something Borrowed and Emily Giffin's other books? The characters are in their early 30's.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2008 5:54:24 PM PDT
N. Barnes says:
Room for Improvement by Stacey Ballis talks about love and the single girl in her 30's.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2008 3:04:17 AM PDT
M. Deschenes says:
Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. Her earlier titles feature characters in their 30's as well.

Posted on Mar 20, 2009 6:14:58 PM PDT
lipstick jungle by candace bushnell

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 7:24:07 PM PDT
Sunnydazy says:
Try Marisa De Los Santos

Belong to Me

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 7:36:49 AM PDT
E. Mont says:
Elizabeth Berg. Everything she writes is wonderful. Her books appeal to women, but they're not shallow--very little shoes and shopping. Her books are about real women (30's-50's) coping with real life, but with much humor along the way. I'd try Open House, The Year of Pleasures, Talk Before Sleep, or Never Change.

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 1:33:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2010 1:35:33 PM PST
L. ANDREWS says:
I have read and enjoyed most of the books recommended above but you might also want to try some of Nicholas Sparks books. I own every book he has ever written and I love them all. The Lucky One, Nights in Rodanthe, The Choice, Message in a Bottle and The Wedding are just a few of his books that are written about 30+ characters and they all have wonderful story lines. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2010 10:48:50 AM PDT
Its not an un-developed market. It is a passed over market. A generation of micro cultures is less profitable than the following generation's mono culture or the previous generations bi culture. X gets the shaft.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 9:40:18 PM PST
Could I suggest my novel "40 Something"? It's about twelve friends, most of them in their 40's... their peculiar friendship and other relationships... You might wish to have a look.
Let me know. Thank you
Pasquale M Palmieri
40 Something

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 1:55:59 PM PDT
Lori Jones says:
Give me a few months and I'll finish the sequel to my 20-something novel, Growing up Beautiful. I happen to find writing about 30-40 year old's a blast. It's that stage of life where everything that can go wrong usually does. :) Growing Up Beautiful

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 2:41:00 PM PDT
Lori Jones says:
Oops! I just read that authors aren't allowed to suggest their work. Sorry! Won't happen again. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 7:25:49 AM PDT
C. Earnshaw says:
London Bound: A Royal Misadventure by Sheretko. The heroine is a 30 something woman. It reads a little like Bridget Jones....she's flighty and funny.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 3:48:10 PM PDT
TDF says:
Chunneling Through Forty is a wonderful funny book about a woman in her forties. I love this book and you might too.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:51:16 PM PST
Denene says:
I was so happy to find this thread! I am always looking for age appropriate book recommendations. I think I can safely say I am over the hunger games, twilight, teeny bopper era that has monopolized the book market. Thank you for doing this :) I have a fantastic book recommendation (one I just recently read). The book is called "Until Brazil" by author Bethe Lee Moulton. It was a book that I couldn't put down and made me smile through-out. The best comparison would be "Eat Pray Love." It's about a woman, Beth, who is facing a bit of a rut in life...job isn't going anywhere...married but restless. She decides to go on a business trip to Brazil in hopes of a promotion and in doing so falls in love with the culture, the lifestyle and the people! A book of personal transformation and there is even an unexpected love story. I love books about travel (especially with a female that I can relate to!). I hope you give it a chance - http://www.untilbrazil.com/
Thanks for sharing the books you love :) Spread the happiness!Until Brazil
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Can You Keep a Secret?
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - 2003)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (998)