5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
I have tried many of the recipes in this book, and they are fantastic. They are not only delicous, but make a beautiful presentation when served. Since adopting this dietary concept, I have changed my health status from pre-diabetic back to normal. I heartily recommend this way of eating.
Published on July 10, 2008 by Peggy A. West

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes are OK
Published on December 31, 2008 by Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, July 10, 2008
This review is from: The 30-Day Diabetes Miracle Cookbook: Stop Diabetes with an Easy-to-Follow Plant-Based, Carb-Counting Diet (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes are OK, December 31, 2008
We have been using this book for the last few months and have made some very good recipes and some not as fantastic. I began cooking for my mom who has diabetes since last summer but now that her health has improved she has been doing some of the cooking. What we DO like about this book are the simple, easy recipes. Most just have a few ingredients. It is a vegetarian (vegan) diet cookbook which she has been following for the most part. What I DON'T like is that most of the main dishes and desserts call for tofu which I recently discovered I am allergic to. We DO enjoy the dips and sauces, like the Spinach-Artichoke dip (my mom's favorite) and Pimento Cheese Sauce (which is vegan). All in all we have gleaned a few good recipes from this book but not as many as we had hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superbly Delicious!, June 6, 2009
The only reason I gave this cookbook 4 stars instead of 5 is because quite a few of the recipes take quite a bit of time to make. However, the time is worth it! I've tried the majority of the recipes after owning the book for about 6 months and I think they are superbly delicious!

All of the recipes are vegan (if you're wondering). I've always been very skeptical whenever I heard the term "Vegan." But after I heard about how good vegan eating could be for diabetics I decided to give it a try. I'm not, and probably won't ever be completely vegan, but I use this recipe book at home nearly every day.

Now to the Diabetes part. I'm fairly new at this game and so for the past two weeks I've been checking my blood sugar levels before and after every meal (6x/day). The foods used have lower Glycemic Indexes and because of that the recipes did wonders to my B.S. levels.

Buy it! You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Recipe Book Ever, October 24, 2008
D. Knight "Seeker of Truth" (South San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best vegan cook book I have seen. The list of cooking terms, equipment and ingredients is so helpful. All the information about calories, carbs, etc is right there for each recipe. The recipes produce such tasty foods for vegans and vegan wantabes.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, something finally works, March 9, 2009
I got my spouse on this and got normal numbers in 3 days. The numbers until now have been out of control. The diet can be a little hard at first since its new. I also think they could of included spicier dishes, more Asian, Mexican, and Indian. These all have great meals that work great with this diet.

After trying this diet, there is no way you can go back to your wrong eating habits, the results are so good. Also I am not diabetic, but have lost lots of bully fat on this and never hungry anymore. I love it. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough Already with the High Glucose Readings, May 1, 2011
D. Johnson (Fort Myers, FL) - See all my reviews
In January I had a A1C reading of 10.9 and a fasting random glucose reading of 261. I knew I had to do something but what? I've been a vegetarian for more than 30 years, my weight was in the normal range and I went to the gym 3 times a week. After the hysterics I thought maybe my diet needed adjusting. Maybe I was eating too much white pasta, baked goods etc. I knew that just being a vegetarian was no assurance my diet was healthy. I found this book on Amazon and started cooking. The food is delicious and easy to prepare. The only adjustment I had to make was keeping my pantry stocked. The first week I shopped in many different stores to find what I needed. However, as time went by I knew what grocers carried what products and what products I had to order on line. BTW Amazon has many food items you will be using and the delivery isn't bad.

I'm loving the food so much I invited meat eating friends over for the savory roast. After a few jokes I noticed their plates were empty. Two weeks into the diet my random glucose readings were less than 135 and after 30 days my average reading is 125. I will warn you about one thing. Your family and friends will start expecting you to do all the cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!, December 9, 2009
Living the Life (Southern Illinois) - See all my reviews
This book has changed my life! When I found out I was diabetic (Type II), I panicked. In fact, I was so scared I hardly ate anything for two days until I saw my doctor again. Thankfully, someone had sent a copy of this book to the network I work at for review. After they had reviewed it, they put it on my desk (still don't know who that was, but I'm so grateful)!

I read it all in one sitting. It's full of the best information, and stays away from all the crazy things that even sometimes doctors tell you (when they don't know much about the disease). I've been able to lose 40 lbs, and stay off any medications besides high blood pressure meds for a whole year. I'm working on losing the rest of the weight, and I feel better than I have in years.

It's simple, but in-depth. And written in a way people like me can understand. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! Now I give a copy of the 30-day Diabetes Miracle book and cookbook to each of my friends who are diagnosed with this disease. I just turned 50, and believe me, there are a lot of us who are finding out we're diabetics. Thank God it's not a death sentence if we do something about it!

BUY THIS BOOK. I can't urge you more strongly. It can make a difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changer, February 4, 2009
This recipe book has what you need to get started on a major new way of life - lots of recipes (almost all fabulous), and a four-week menu. By the time you have gone through the meal plans you'll know what you like, and you'll know how to cook ahead.

Like anything new, and a new food lifestyle is major, it takes time to gain experience and develop new tastes, but 'The 30-Day Diabetes Miracle Cookbook' makes the transition as painless as it can be.

Get the hardcover book 'The 30-Day Diabetes Miriacle' too, if you have daibetes. It will explain where your disease came from, how it affects your body, and why this plan can reverse the effects or even cure you!

My wife was diagnosed with diabetes, and now has normal blood glucose readings each and every day. I don't have diabetes, but have followed the plan, and have lost 25 lbs. in two months. I have another 50 lbs. to lose, and I actually believe it will happen. Thank-you LCA (read the book to learn about them).

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost Weight!, April 10, 2009
Karen Cox (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
My husband has been pre-diabetic for many years and in December was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. We had been on a modified protein/fat and low carb diet but that hadn't helped. So I found this book and have been using it since mid-December. I have lost over ten pounds and my husband has lost close to twenty pounds. Being from the Midwest, he has always been a meat and potatoes guy. But he LOVES most of the recipes in this book and says they are not boring. We go to his diabetes doctor this next week so I am looking forward to what he has to say. Additionally, this way of eating is healthier, not just for humans, but for the planet as well not to be eating meat, and it's less expensive too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but very extreme, November 15, 2009
This is a strict vegan-based plan without any dairy. It is clearly very good for anyone with diabetes, and I don't dispute the reviews that extol its effectiveness and, for vegan food, taste. However, it is a very extreme diet. Breakfasts include such oddities as chili and pinto beans. Lunches are almost impossible for working people, as they involve the most complex cooking for the day. Dinners are even more difficult, consisting almost always of only a small, one-cup serving of soup and a small salad. If someone served it all to me, and I was in a protected environment, it would be terrific. But living in the real world and eating like this is something I, for one, can only sustain for short periods of time. And, like all vegan make believe, we are told things like tofu "eggs benedict" and other made up substitutions, are "just as good" or "better" than the real thing. Well, if you live in a cave and prepare your food on a rock, it might be. Otherwise, you just have to pretend a lot and let your lower blood sugar compensate for everything missing here. It's worth it, but it's a lot of work.

Rate and Discover Movies