on December 11, 2011
Format: Paperback
This books is worth the money just for the Data Sufficiency advice that Brandon gives you. Data Sufficiency has to be the most hated section on the GMAT, but after reading through this section in the book and practicing Brandon's strategy i have greatly improved. I'm talking i have gone from a Data Sufficiency zero to hero. This book gives you the strategies you will need to get a great score on the GMAT. That is the difference between this book and many other GMAT books available. His study plan can be complicated and is not for everyone, but the real gold is the strategies that are found in this book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 5, 2010
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This book is fairly useless for anyone who knows the basics about applying to business school - Where to register for thr GMAT, How much it costs, Rescheduling the test etc. All this information is pretty much available online, you don't need a book for that. It doesnt really provide a "1-Month-Study-Plan" as the name seems to suggest. It gives a very high level overview of the topics and by no means does it even cover 50% of the topics. I thought it was a total waste of money. I would stick to online forums and studying actively.
on July 26, 2011
Format: Paperback
Unfortunately, I strongly agree with the other reviewers who gave negative comments: this book is a complete waste of money, and it likely won't help you with your GMAT preparation.

The author aced his test -- great job! However, doing it and teaching it are quite different things in practice. I don't doubt that the author intends to convey his success tips to help others, but the content of the book does not help his cause.

First, the book is printed double-spaced throughout; it therefore provides less content than what 184 pages suggest. Second, "Introduction: The GMAT" and "Study Schedule" chapters occupy the first 52 pages, leaving even fewer pages to cover anything related to essential knowledge or skills.

Moreover, when the book does get to the technical, the discussions are extremely light and lacking in depth. Here's a complete section on "The Best Piece of Advice" on AWA (remember, everything is double-spaced):

__begin quote__

The Best Piece of Advice

What do the graders look at the most when grading your essay? Is it your grammar?

Your vocabulary? Your ideas?

Nope. It's the length of your essay.

If you want to do well on the essay portion of the exam, make sure that you write as much as you possibly can. Your essay should contain at least four paragraphs.

There. You just aced the essay portion of the GMAT.

Actually, it's not that easy but you would be surprised by how much length-of-essay factors into your grade.

__end quote__

I basically went through the entire book in half hour without learning anything worthwhile. Your mileage may vary, but my own experience with the book is far less than satisfactory.

If I could return the book for a refund, I definitely would. It's past 30 days since the purchase -- I had other books earlier that I wanted to finish first. Let me contact Amazon customer service and see what they can do for me. This will be my first return with Amazon.

Updates:

Amazon customer service agreed to take back the book and issue a refund. Thanks Amazon!
on July 23, 2010
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
this book doesn't provide any essential info on how to ace the gmat. it only gives you basic info about it that you could learn by spending 3-4 days surfing in the web
on April 12, 2010
Format: Paperback
I purchased this book and saw right away that the learning techniques in it were exactly my style. Items were presented in a concise and organized manner, and it made it very easy to follow. There's a ton of useful information, and it helped me score pretty high on a practice GMAT. I'll be taking the test in a few days and I hope to score just as high on the real thing. Great Book!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations