Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 30 Life Principles (Life Principles Study)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 22, 2011
This book is a wonderful addition to any Bible study that focuses on the application of Biblical-derived living to ones daily life.

This book briefly explains the "thirty life principles", really, a set of ethics, used by Dr. Stanley to address issues like finances, parenting, personal crises, emotional matters, and relationships to have it all be productive in the life of a believer in Christ. It is very impressive material.

For example, those familiar with his program have often heard the closing to "obey God and leave all the consequences to him" - This is life principle number two that he derived from the story in Exodus 19:1-7 and elaborates with a reading of Exodus 3 in addition to other Bible verses in the old and new testament to have the reader to trust God with her/his life, wait for an answer, and prepare for to endure conflict (among other things).

If there is any flaw, that book is short and only introduction - no more than three or four pages are dedicated to a principle and most of the elaboration is taken up by blank areas for users to write-in answers. Those seeking further elaboration should probably consider the Life Principles Bible or the Life Principles CD/DVD series sold at the intouch ministries website.
on May 12, 2009
As I'm writing this review I am still going through this study guide. I love it. It is easy to read and follow along with your bible. The Life Principles Study bible by Charles Stanley is an excellent companion to this book. If you want to deepen your knowledge of the Lord and His Word, I recommend this tool.
on February 4, 2012
If you plan on leading others in Bible study or a small group discussion, you may want to consider this book. So many today do not know the answer to life's seemingly difficult situations. They don't know where understanding comes from. They're in need of wisdom and even just plain common-sense. Reading this material will help many to begin seeing where they went wrong, and learn who to turn to, to turn their life around so something good can come of it. Charles Stanley always has practical and useful principles to share with his readers. Most helpful and invaluable if you want to stop wasting your life.
on May 29, 2015
This book could be reduced to 20 pages. Stanly gives you a life principal, and the parts of the bible to read to support the principal, with questions for you to fill in the answers to. Not what I expected but could be used in a bible study course I guess?
I have some of his other books and his writing is very clear and easy to understand. I don't want to spend my day looking up bible passages and answering questions like "What do you suppose life was like I the garden of Eden before Adam sinned"
on June 15, 2016
I appreciate Charles Stanley's teaching ability, however, this book was much more simplistic than I expected. I wish they had included more information in each chapter. If you just answer the questions and read the passages they list, you could miss some of what they are trying to communicate. I highly recommend studying the whole story that they include as the Old Testament example. Read all the passages surrounding the texts that they recommend. It will help you get a fuller picture of what they are trying to say. I use this in my women's Bible study, and I spend a few days preparing to make sure I can properly explain everything that is presented. We have all really enjoyed the study with the extra emphasis and explanations. From new believers to mature believers, we have all learned something from each lesson. Just put in a little extra effort and you will really learn some great life principles from God's word!
on September 26, 2013
I like this study and have been using it with Co-workers for a few months. My only real complaint is that the questions are a little silly and really don't challenge you very much on your thoughts for the study. I do think the side notes and explanations are good and would likely do this study again but it wasn't as inspiring as I had hoped.
on August 31, 2014
Another classic by an author who presents the Word of God and not opinion. This includes insight and direction, presented in a way that you can put to use immediately. The format enables the reader to find his area of greatest need without having to read unhelpful words. Use this as an index and read selectively, or read it as a text from the beginning to end. Either way, it is an efficient and rewarding use of your reading time. The author's many years as a pastor is the background of this excellent book.
on June 10, 2014
I love this series. I watch the 30 Life Principle series on InTouch.org, have the Life Principle Bible, Charles Stanley's Handbook for Christian Living, & books from The In Touch Series concerning each principle in greater detail.
This book is a study guide that requires Bible reading with Q & A throuout this book. I like this better than passive reading because many thought provoking questions are asked which challenges your faith to grow. You see examples of Bible characters & how they responded to God's call & how God empowered them to do His will to do great & marvelous things if they would obey. God still works today in the lives of believers just as He did in the Bible days. The book moves me & makes me feel as eager to serve God as when I was a new Christian.
Each chapter may only be a few pages long, but the book is an excellent educational tool. More importantly the book is also life changing for the Christian.
Since I have begun working on completion of this book, I have found it very useful to incorporate the use of the Believer's Bible Commentary by William MacDonald which is useful to give background information to specific passages as well as the meaning of certain passages. Sometimes this commentary specifically answers the question leaving no doubt as to its meaning. I like an indepth study.
on June 4, 2013
As always, Charles Stanley is an excellent educator. I have never been disappointed in anything he has written. I highly recommend.
on March 5, 2016
Interactive, however I thought I was purchasing the book. This is a work out, I am going to get the book and hopefully will be able to use this. Make sure you note the difference between the book and work book before you purchased😄