Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2006 2:57:06 AM PDT
Neo Lee says:
Well, i'm curious. I'd like to buy this book, but I have a second thought that 300 pages is just too much for estimation alone; the author might keep on rambling. At this time of writing, I cannot find "table of contents" of this book; as a result, I just have no idea what this book covers.

Rapid Development by Steve McConell covers estimation part. Do you think these two books overlap?

Well $25 price of this book is relatively cheap, but as I reside in Asia, the other side of earth away from USA, the international shipping fee is as expensive as hell (now $36).

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2006 11:05:55 AM PDT
Having been a software engineer for 14 years I can tell you that a 300 page book is but an introduction to software estimation. My best friend from university just finished a 4000 page Doctoral thesis on software estimation. that was just a critical bibliography of the academic literature in the field. Based on the authors reputation and previous books (Code Complete and Rapid Development), I am buying this book sight unseen. I look forward to learning some practical software estimation methods that I can apply to my projects at work right away.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2006 7:37:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2006 7:37:45 AM PDT
Neo Lee says:
Holycow! 4000 pages? That's gotta hurt.

Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2006
Latest post:  May 13, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art (Developer Best Practices)
Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art (Developer Best Practices) by Steve McConnell (Paperback - March 1, 2006)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (52)