Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

Dave Hemsath and Leslie Yerkes present hundreds of methods and activities that incorporate fun into your organization's work: hiring, training sessions, meetings, communications, awards, and team work. Dedicated to "fun-loving people everywhere," this happy, easy-to-read book is clear and cheerful. The authors humorously present their "Twelve-Step Method to Fun." They suggest that you use it by incorporating one step a month for a year. The information presented can be used as a "quick read" for corporate ideas, or as a reference book for training program organizers and for personnel or staff development programs. We [...] recommend this book to CEOs or personnel directors looking for ways to boost company morale, or to staff members who want to make their work environment more pleasant.
0Comment32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2000
I found this book to have many practical ideas which I can repeat in my workplace. The book encourages us to be positive about our work...even if it is a four-letter word. It's an easy to read guide. I'm busy, so it's nice to have something quick and easy to refer to.
on September 19, 2000
Totally Awesome! This is one of my favorite books, it is full of great ideas and easy to read. It has something for every sized business and level of supervisors and/or management.
I seen Dave at a seminar and his lively, enthusiastic approach was addicting. He was so motivating that we have implemented many of the ideas and philosophies from this book.
A MUST read!
on June 7, 2000
This book was loaded with fun thoughts and stimulated other good ideas for me. We've used it for company picnic ideas and staff meeting ideas. It think it is well worth the cost of the book.
on August 6, 1997
"301 Ways To Have Fun At Work" gets the mind spinning with ideas to make any work enviornment a better place to be
This is a great book and has a lot of ideas to make work fun! I highly recommend it and have purchased books for my supervisors in the past. Every office should have this book available for reference!
on May 4, 2001
This book is a must for those looking to break out of the everyday 9 to 5 routine. It's packed with a lot of examples from big name companies that almost anyone can do with the right amount of creativity. I highly recommend!! Reading is not like a textbook or how-to manual. It's an easy read, you'll be bummed when it's through!
on April 13, 2001
Leslie Yerkies has an amazing way of putting things in perspective. I've seen her speak live, and it's even better. Both she and her book are inspiring and insightful. You'll never see things the same way again.
on December 28, 2006
OK, admit it. The workplace is not often a fun place. That is why you need this book.

It will show you how others have added joy to the work environment. And, for finding

laughter on the job, check out another book,

WorkLaughs: Quips, Quotes, and Anecdotes about Making a Buck. (also available on Amazon).
on August 11, 2012
this book is very good, reasonaly priced and offers many chuckles. Most of the ideas are geared for larger offices than mine. Funds, time and level of participation makes most difficult but there are still enough energy packed ideas to make it worth reading/owning.