Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $36.00
305 rechargeable battery replacement Has anyone had to have the rechargeable battery in the 305 watch replaced. I understand it needs to be done by Garmin and cost $85. Does anyone know if this is so, and, if so, how long will the battery go before it won't take a recharge
asked by Banks on July 18, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 60 answers
A
Before you spring for a new battery, make sure you try resetting the device. I left mine attached to my computer after downloading my workout and forgot to turn off the Garmin when the computer shut down. The battery completely discharged, and when I first tried to recharge it, there was no indication that it was charging. After a little digging around I learned about the reset feature. With the charger connected to a wall socket I pressed and held Mode & Lap/Reset at the same time, and the unit started charging up again. It now appears to be fully charged.
Anders Martinson answered on March 27, 2011
Comment | 71 of 72 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://www.jimandkatrin.com/codeblog/2009/08/forerunner-305-battery-replacement.html

Updated link (2011-03-04):
http://www.jimandkatrin.com/CodeBlog/post/Forerunner-305-Battery-Replacement.aspx
James Bond answered on November 12, 2009
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks!!, I just did the same thing and this fixed my 305
Craig Frump answered on April 17, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would also check to see if your garmin has come loose or not. Mine started acting flaky where it would just shut off at times, and then it would say that it was charging and within minutes it would say fully charged. After reading the threads above I checked my watch more fully and found that the top and bottom pieces had a small (very tiny gap). When I would push the pieces together, the watch would work. When I would let it go, it would turn off. I am going to try and glue it again and clamp it together to see if that works
Amazon Customer answered on April 10, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This worked for me. My Forerunner 305 is back in operation. Thanks.
David Scroggins answered on April 28, 2011

A
THANK YOU, Anders!!! This post of yours above just saved my Garmin's life. I thought I was super out of luck, but did your Mode/Lap button re-set and it came back to life! :) :) :)
Michelina Messina answered on June 6, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YOU ROCK. I thought my Garmin was a gonner until I read this. I had accidentally let my batter completely run out as well. This reset WORKED. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Juliet Martin answered on June 21, 2011

A
Oh my gosh! Your suggestion totally worked! My watch is charging again! YOU ROCK!!!
M. Aubin answered on May 17, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for your post. Today, 5/18/2011, my screen would not come on. I had charged it via the computer hook-up. When I went for a run, no screen. I've done the Mode
James David Cochran answered on May 18, 2011

A
Thanks so much for the mode & reset button info... it's working again!
Jennifer Shope answered on June 29, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product